Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD Price match??

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DDD Price match??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-02, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DDD Price match??

how exactly does it work? i know that on the site it says to provide a link showing total cost, but how do you do that without ordering from the other site? also, is it even worth the hassle to price match with them? experiences anyone??
Old 10-30-02, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just link to the product page. The crappy thing is they'll match by a 10 cent difference and most likely make you call it in.

So, usually, it's advantageous to just order from the other guys.
Old 10-31-02, 10:36 AM

I second to that. You don't have to go to all the hassles just to give the business to them. If they are sincere, they'll price it lowest in the first place.

Originally posted by LBPound
Just link to the product page. The crappy thing is they'll match by a 10 cent difference and most likely make you call it in.

So, usually, it's advantageous to just order from the other guys.
Old 11-08-02, 03:30 AM
kez

not worth the bother.

i'd gladly pay more to buy from somewhere else. at least i know i'll get the discs.
Old 11-14-02, 11:53 AM

I'm glad to say that I'm very happy with the pricematching policy from DDD.

On 11/7/02 I placed an order with them for Blair Witch Project, Basic Instinct Unrated, and Chasing Amy Criterion. All of the prices were the lowest on dvdpricesearch.com at $4.32, $14.39, and $13.29 respectively. My order shipped on 11/11, but then on 11/12, I found out that bestbuy.com was selling the second two titles for $11.99 each, so I e-mailed them to see if they could pricematch it, even though my order had already shipped. I was happy to receive an e-mail a day later telling me that I'll be refunded the difference. In the end, it was actually a little cheaper from DDD, because I don't have to pay sales tax with them (in FL) and I do have to pay tax with Best Buy.
Old 11-14-02, 01:00 PM

I've price matched with them on 7-8 DVDs and have never been disappointed. And it's not that bad calling to get the order. Most of the time they are the cheapest to begin with. And they never have tax or shipping.

I've always received my discs in a timely fashion (only twice out of like 25 DVDs have they been late, and by only 3 days from the release date). Not that big of a deal to me if it is late. If it's one I need on day of release, I just go pick it up from Wal-mart or best buy.
Old 11-14-02, 06:18 PM

I also have had good luck with DDD. They always price match without problems. I'd rather give them my business because usually they are cheaper on everything. Good service too.
Old 11-14-02, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by darth bird
And they never have tax or shipping.
One minor point. I believe they are located in Illinois, so IL residents are the only people that have to pay sales tax with them. The other 49 states get it tax free.

Last edited by spyzdope; 11-14-02 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-14-02, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I price matched with them on Friends Season 2 set for under $29.