Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Great News! DVDSoon Updates New Policy

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-17-02, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Customer,

You are receiving this email because, at one time or another you placed an order with us and because we will be making some major changes to our web site in the next few weeks in response to our customers feedback.

First major change is in shipping. We started using cardboard boxes to lower the chances that DVDs will be damaged in transit. Also, we put together a method to make sure large orders are no longer unduly delayed. What we will be doing, starting in November, is ship orders as we get stock instead of waiting for all items to be in stock. Stay tuned to our web site for more details.

In the last couple of weeks, some of our customers suffered delays when orders were complete, we are happy to report that we have managed to get back to our standard 24h shipping when your order is complete. Thus, in the future, if your order is ready, you can expect it to ship in the current business day or the following business day.

Another major change that will be implemented shortly is a better way to inform you of our stock status. When this is done, "In Stock" will mean that we have more items on hand than we have orders for a particular item.

Finally, some customers experienced delays in getting replies to their emails and voice mails. Here too, we are happy to say that we have hired people to make sure your emails are answered in a timely manner. Please, note that we give priority to requests pertaining to billing and shipped orders (lost parcels, damages items).

These are the major changes that will be implemented shortly. If you have other comments / suggestions, please, feel free to contact us at [email protected]. DVDSoon.com is a very open and transparent company. We will gladly listen to what you have to tell us and do whatever we can to remedy the situation.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully, their pricing will still be competitive.
Old 10-17-02, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have experienced the 24h thing, most of my new in stock orders has been shipped just hours after ordering, couldn't believe my eyes
Old 10-17-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now if they will just update their policy so that they don't charge your card before they ship...

I've had decent experiences with DVDSoon, but the fact that they charge your card immediately prevents me from using them for preorders or any large order that may experience delays.