Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

HKFlix knows customer service?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-07-02, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beware of HKFlix's sale on the above MALATA.

I am getting nothing but jerked around with them.

I purchased one a few weeks ago. That arrived and I was pleased with the service.

Now I decided to purchase a player for an old buddy in Hawaii. Now because I am having it shipped to HI, I am getting hit by the TAX. I was fine with that. Then I receive an email stating I will have to pay $14.95 for shipping to HI. I was using the sale FREE SHIPPING. Nowhere it stated 'not to HI'

I now find the unit on sale for $5 less and point that out to Jeff. He basically told me TO BAD. (he has yet to ship it, yet I found his advertised price)

I'm sorry. This is a poor way to do business. I am upset with the jerking around I am receiving from HKFlix and will not be referring anyone there in the future.

If they change their stance, I will update this thread.
Old 10-07-02, 06:08 PM

Re: HKFlix knows customer service?

Originally posted by Cheese Dip Groo
I now find the unit on sale for $5 less and point that out to Jeff. He basically told me TO BAD. (he has yet to ship it, yet I found his advertised price)
I did some research on that player a few weeks ago when DVDTalk added the popup, and apparently HKFlix is marking it up bigtime. Just about every place I looked was drasticly cheaper; best deal I saw was around 90$ below what HKFlix was charging. Don't bother arguing with them any more and just order somewhere else.
Old 10-07-02, 06:12 PM

Good idea. Thanks.

I shall look around.
Old 10-07-02, 06:17 PM

Reply From HKFLIX

My version of the events vary slightly.

1. Customer placed HKFLIX order # 1722-8211-xxxx:

=NA=UPS Ground $0.00 1 UPS Ground Shipping For Malata DVP-520
=NA=dvp-520 $279.95 1 Malata DVP-520-Black Color

2. I emailed customer concerning shipping. Said that he'd have to go with DHL Overnight for $14.95 (BTW, we subsidize DHL shipping so it is more reasonable)

3. The customer emailed me back stating that he was surprised he was being charged sales tax.

4. I offered to eliminate sales tax if he payed for DHL shipping. He agreed.

5. The customer emailed asking for an additional $5 off because our special with DVDTalk is $5 less than our web site price. I emailed him explaining that we are already eating the $11.65 in Hawaii sales tax and there is a limit to what I can do. Keep in mind we are also absorbing about $8 in DHL fees that we subsidize to offer a price of only $14.95.

Basically, I tried to work with this customer to find a mutually agreeable situation. A compromise. Obviously, and unfortunately, this was not accomplished. I did tell the customer that if he found a lower price for the Malata, shipped to Hawaii via Express Mail, I would match it. The customer told me to cancel his previous order and that he planned to reorder on HKFLIX and have the unit shipped to him in Madison, WI instead of HI. So I find it rather ironic that he is warning other people to avoid us, while he continues to order from us.

Regards,
Jeff
HKFLIX
Old 10-07-02, 06:23 PM

Please post the link to whichever site has this unit for $90 less than us. There is a reason why we are the largest distributor of Malata 520 units in North America. We have the best price and best service. You can't beat $274.95 shipped. There are a few sellers in Asia that might have a lower price, but they have high shipping costs and offer practically no service and if the unit requires warranty repair, you need to ship it back to them in Hong Kong or China.

Regards,
Jeff
HKFLIX
Old 10-07-02, 06:26 PM
Registered

closing thread. please take up hkflix customer service issues directly with HKFlix.