Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

What does a Blockbuster Manager earn?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-04-02, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are two "Managers" at my local Blockbuster that I'm quite impressed with, and I am thinking about asking them if they want to interview for a job I'm responsible for hiring for.

The only thing is I don't know if it would be an increase in pay or not, and I wouldn't want to insult them by asking them to interview for a lower paying job. The job I'm hiring for pays $11.21/hr to start, $11.71 after 90 days. Anyone know if this is higher or lower than what they make?
Old 10-06-02, 11:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you know the exact management positions they hold? i.e. Store Manager, asst manager or shift supervisor.
Old 10-07-02, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It couldn't hurt to ask them if they're interested anyway. Depending on what your job is, they may be happy to just leave BB even if the wages are similar. If your pay is slightly less, perhaps you could offer some other types of perks to help compensate, maybe even a quarterly bonus if they meet specified goals.
Old 10-07-02, 01:25 PM

Dude, I just quit working at Blockbuster as a manager (shift supervisor in training for ASM position). How much they earn depends on their district manager and if he was HONEST with them (mine was not, which is why I quit). If they were hired in as manager, what they make is determined by the district manager then (this is normally between $8.50 and $10.00, the highest I have seen was $10.50).

I worked there for 2 years as a CSR before I accepted a promotion (I turned it down 7 times over the two years). When I finally accepted the promotion, I did even get a $1 raise. They were hiring people in at more than I was being paid. I then found out that in my case there were 3 raises I should have received, but I only actually received one. I got a raise from CSR to shift supervisor, but not the raise from part time to full time, even though I was now being forced to work full time hours (I didn't mind the hours, it was the raise I was entitled to that my DM refused to give me that pissed me off). If these people were given the raises they were ENTITLED to, they should be making $8.80-$12.00 (the highest I have seen from promotions) an hour.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-07-02, 10:27 PM

I don't know the exact position. Their shirts say Management Team, nametags say Manager, and each works a different shift, so I'm thinking they are shift supervisors.