DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Question for those who ordered the 3-disc BotW from DigitalEyes (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/241048-question-those-who-ordered-3-disc-botw-digitaleyes.html)

ignition 10-03-02 11:15 AM

Question for those who ordered the 3-disc BotW from DigitalEyes

I just received my 3-disc SE of Brotherhood of the Wolf from Digital Eyes, and a little friend came with the discs. Much to my surprise, an Air Head candy bar came out of the package. I'm just curious, is this something that Digital Eyes does all the time, and is this candy safe to eat? Or is someone on the packaging line trying to kill me with tainted candy?

mmj 10-03-02 11:22 AM

I got one too. I ate and am still alive, so I think its OK.

Zodo 10-03-02 11:37 AM

I got a bag of popcorn with mine...guess the put something in all their packages now.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

Giles 10-03-02 11:38 AM

ya know the story of the three little pigs?, maybe someone's trying to fatten you up.

ignition 10-03-02 12:29 PM

Kinda creepy that they now package food with a DVD.....

Although I do wish I got popcorn. Maybe they base what you get on how much you spend. I know I only bought one DVD... maybe the more you buy the better your food is.

I'll have to order a bunch from them one time and see if it comes with a free pizza.....

MarkHarrill 10-03-02 12:46 PM

Kinda creepy that they now package food with a DVD.....
CreepY? :)

Just another perk from us. We actually determine what goes with a disc based on the weight. The postal increase from 1 - 2 pounds is $2-3 which makes the popcorn super expensive to send unless the order is over 1 pound. General rule of thumb in the back room is 1-2 discs = 1-2 airheads. More than 2 is popcorn. No guarantees just something we have done off and on the last few years.

rabbit77 10-03-02 01:41 PM

Hey Mark,

Good to see store reps posting here. You should contact Geoff Kleinmann about getting a custom title.

Random 10-03-02 01:45 PM

oooh oooh would you guys consider MILK DUDS? hahah or better yet JUNOIR MINTS.

come on! movie theater candy.

Robert George 10-03-02 03:19 PM

would you guys consider MILK DUDS? hahah or better yet JUNOIR MINTS.
I have two words for you...solar radiation.

;)

Rammsteinfan 10-03-02 03:26 PM

I used to order from 800.com and always got a bag of popcorn with every dvd order...

Random 10-03-02 03:49 PM

heheh... I know.

adamblast 10-03-02 03:55 PM

Make sure you don't send jujubees. You don't want to be held responsible for pulling out people's fillings, etc. :)

dimitrios3 10-03-02 05:33 PM

I got 2 Air Heads with the copies of Brotherhood of the Wolf and Diabolique I bought. Nice little perk if you ask me. I'll be ordering with them again soon.

ignition 10-03-02 09:11 PM

Hmmm..... well, time to eat my candy :D

diesteldorf 10-04-02 12:45 AM

Creepy?

I was very pleased. It's nice to get a little something extra. I remember when I ordered from Amazon.de
and got a little bag of German Gummy Bears.

I may use Digital Eyes to stock up on my Halloween candy for the Trick or Treaters.

I figure 100 DVDs should net me enough candy to feed them all!!!

After all, I'm not really buying DVDs, I'm just buying really expensive candy. Gotta love Halloween.

davejt1 10-04-02 09:50 AM

Originally posted by DigitalEyes
CreepY? :)

Just another perk from us.

That's actually kinda cool!

Creepy, though?

To me, creepy would be finding someone's underwear or a severed finger in the box with my DVDs.

rotfl

nobody9 10-04-02 04:06 PM

I am still waiting for my copy....