Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Ebay, Half and other bid sites--I have a suggestion.

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-23-02, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a buyer ask me a few months ago why I didn't have more recent feedback. The truth was/is that most all my buyers didn't bother to post feedback on me, even after I posted on theirs. I was able to back this up by sending him the url's of about 10 sales I did within the last month.

It really bothers me that we as sellers do not get anything if we post feedback for buyers. So I suggest that if after the 90 days a buyer has to post feedback is up, the seller automatically gets a neutral or a "new" type of feedback which clearly indicates that the buyer did not leave feedback.

Although I don't care much for feedback, if it is hurting my sales not to have it current or an accurate representation of my sales I feel something is needed for buyers.

What do you guys think? How would I go about asking for this change?
Old 09-23-02, 01:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree, and it seems to be getting progressively worse as more people "discover" these sites for the first time. I wonder if they even know what that little number behind their username is for.
Old 09-25-02, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think they do. I bought 2 dvd's in the last months off Ebay and each seller had a recent negative feedback. Upon closer inspection it was the buyer who posted what a great transaction it was but they clicked on the negative button! Of course, both sellers questioned the why's of the negative feedback.

I just don't understand why these companies do not already have something like this for their seller's?