Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Soon: Is DreamWorks packaging bilingual?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-18-02, 05:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Iím wanting to order Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron from DVD Soon, but Iíve never received anything from DreamWorks (or Universal Studios) from them. I know covers shouldnít matter, but they do to me and I want to stay clear of owning this title with French printed on the covers.

The DVD Soon site states they receives one Universal product with a reversible bilingual cover (one side predominately French and one side predominately English, but both sides bilingual).

I donít quite understand the logic in providing a reversible cover if both sides are bilingual, but thatís my problem. Has anyone ordered and received something recent from Universal or DreamWorks through DVD Soon. The Time Machine (2002) would be a perfect example, as it is a DreamWorks title, but distributed by Universal, just like Spirit will be.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-25-02, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never seen a Dreamworks DVD yet, but the biligual ones are horrible. They look ugly, and I'd strongly suggest you get your DVD from the US.

Normally they'll have the poster as per normal, then under they'll have the french in brakets. They'll then normally have all their marketing **** in duel french english. It's very stupid looking, I've been collecting DVDs since 1998 and up until now it's been fine.

Being Canadian, and seeing how the studios have now decided to save a little money and go this route is very upsetting to me. Our food packages are billingual, but I don't put food on my shelf and collect it.

I like the french, I have no problem with them, my father lives in Montreal... but there is a bigger ratio of people in California who speak spanish, and I don't see spanish on the DVD covers there.

Make two versions. Or make one version with a flippable cover and the store can choose a preferance. Is paying someone a minimum age job to do this is not too much to ask.

The stores are going to suffer from this. I already know I'm getting all my DVDs from the states now. Which is a shame since I have supported my local stores for ages. I hope they let the studios know.