Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Half.com seller sold me a pirated dvd -- what do I do?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 08-30-02, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What can I do about this other than leaving a negative feedback for the guy? Return it? From the half.com site I can send him a "problem note" -- ie. he sent me the *wrong* thing, but will half.com do anything about it?

This really pisses me off. I mean, the cover isn't the right one and both it (has a load of mistakes on it) and the dvd label are both photocopies (decent ones), there seem to be hard subs in english, and a fricken Chinese logo comes up at the beginning. What a joke. The UPC isn't even the same.

Here's the link to the item I bought: http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cg...1877&meta_id=3

Got mine from fplplay for the same price ($9.90), but I didn't notice the "all region" listing when I ordered. I guess it's let the buyer beware, but still this sucks sweaty balls.

Any other advice/info?

Tuan Jim

edit -- from looking at his feedback (that negative wasn't there 3 or 4 days ago when I ordered mine), he's screwed over at least one other person too.
Old 08-30-02, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

"Dolby, Widescreen version. All-Region compatible import"

Lots of people sell things that don't match the decription that half.com provides. That's why this is posted on the page as well.

Actual items for sale may vary from the above information and image.

If you try for a refund be prepared to wait a while. Also, they only allow 2 or 3 per person. I got a crappy movie once and decided not to waste a refund on such a small item.
Old 08-30-02, 03:57 PM

Looking at his feedback, it looks like he "forgot" to mention that this was an import. I've ordered several times from half.com without problems. I won't order from someone with a minimal amount of feedback or with an iordinate amount of negative feedback. I've noticed that this guy isn't the only one selling cheap "imports" of new Disney DVDs and I have purposely steered clear of them, because there's really no reason to order them (except maybe the French version of Sleeping Beauty) since you can be sure the domestically available DVDs are legitmate.

As for your bootleg DVD, just pretend like you have a really cool collector's item!
Old 08-30-02, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Screw dealing with half.com and their nonsense; just file a complaint with your credit card company. That's what I would do. Sick VISA on half.com's ass and make them realize the amount of piracy that goes on.