Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Can someone tell me how much it is to sell once on ebay?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-02, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to try and sell 1 dvd on ebay. Is there a monthly charge? I read through all there charges and saw that they charged an insertion charge and a final price charge. I was wondering about monthly charge. I read something about a $9.99 charge a month. I wanted to have my fees charged to my credit card. I don't want to be charged $9.99 when that is all I am going to try and sell the dvd for.
Old 08-15-02, 11:38 PM

Re: Can someone tell me how much it is to sell once on ebay?

Originally posted by catsmeow
I wanted to try and sell 1 dvd on ebay. Is there a monthly charge? I read through all there charges and saw that they charged an insertion charge and a final price charge. I was wondering about monthly charge. I read something about a $9.99 charge a month. I wanted to have my fees charged to my credit card. I don't want to be charged $9.99 when that is all I am going to try and sell the dvd for.
There is no monthly charge for ebay.

You only get a charge for listing an item. If it doesn't sell, that's all you pay. If the item does sell, then, in addition to the listing fee, you pay a variable fee based on the final item value.

As an alternative, you can also list on half.com, though half.com gets 15% of your sale. It's a good place to list items you don't think are going to sell within a week (avg auction length on ebay). half.com also handles the format of your listing and payment processing, so it is somewhat easier to use than ebay.
Old 08-16-02, 12:44 AM

Thanks for the anwser. I want to try ebay. I might give half.com a try if I ever end up with another dvd twice. Thanks again!