Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

netflix shipping dvd never came?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-22-02, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happens if the dvd that netflix sends you never comes? Is it reported and im not liable for it i mean there must be some way to catch ppl that do that for a living cause everyone can report it never being recieved anybody have info on reporting a dvd never being recieved?
Old 05-22-02, 06:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've had two lost so far (acutally I think they found one later but I'd have to double check) and they've never come after me for anything. I imagine if you report a ton of them as being "lost" they'd drop you from the service.
Old 05-22-02, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's a link right on the web site to declare a DVD "lost" in the mail. They'll just write it off and send you out another title.

They give you the benefit of the doubt, but they'll obviously investigate any account that has an exceptional number of lost titles.

I've been a member for quite a while now and have only had one title that was lost (and eventually got "found" and returned to them, apparently).
Old 05-22-02, 09:00 PM

In two years I have had three DVDs lost in the mail from NetFlix. One that they mailed to me and I never received. Two that I mailed back to them and they didn't receive. I have never been charged for them. I am sure if you started having lots of DVDs lost then they would drop you as a customer or charge you for them. But unless DVDs start disappearing from your mailbox I wouldn't be too worried.
Old 05-22-02, 11:29 PM

I've had 4 declared lost and 4 cracked in 2 1/2 years. Two that i never received were supposedly mailed on the same day. Out of maybe 300+ DVD's that's not too bad. Lately I've had a lousy postal worker who gives me other people's mail, and who knows what happens to all of mine? It is rather amazing that so few have not arrived, especially now that so many people know about Netflix.
Old 05-23-02, 12:40 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moving to Store Forum.