Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

I %$#@ed Up!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

I %$#@ed Up!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-02, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I %$#@ed Up!!!!!!!

OK.........It's my fault but I'm still mad

Today I bought D-Day The Sixth of June, A Yank In The R.A.F. and To The Shores Of Tripoli at BB for $14.99 each. According to this list I take with me when I buy DVDs, these titles were $14.64 at DDD and $14.99 at Amazon.

Well.........I get home OPEN the discs to make sure they weren't damaged and began loading the info into my Movie Organizer............I then stumble upon the fact that DDD now has them listed for $10.98 each, while Amazon has them for $11.24 each!!!!!!!!

I wonder..........Did I make a mistake when I made my list............OR...................Were these prices changed

Anyway I'm mad and need to vent

* It seems that this thread could fit in either the Store Forum or Bargain Forum, so I put it here.
Old 05-19-02, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Their on-line store has A Yank in the RAF with a pre-order price of 12.99. I did not check the other titles. Looks like the price was droped before the release. I do not know what their price guarntee is anymore but it used to be if another store had it advertised or if BB had a lower price they would give you the difference within 30 days from when you bought it. I guess if it was me I would wait and see if they are advertised for a lower price at another B&M store or check and see if they are selling these titles for less in the next 30 days. Thats if they still have the 30 day price thing anymore.
Old 05-19-02, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by ernestrp
Their on-line store has A Yank in the RAF with a pre-order price of 12.99. I did not check the other titles. Looks like the price was droped before the release. I do not know what their price guarntee is anymore but it used to be if another store had it advertised or if BB had a lower price they would give you the difference within 30 days from when you bought it. I guess if it was me I would wait and see if they are advertised for a lower price at another B&M store or check and see if they are selling these titles for less in the next 30 days. Thats if they still have the 30 day price thing anymore.
Good advice........I'm keeping the receipt.
Old 05-19-02, 07:56 PM

I would order them from DDD and once the discs arrive return those to BB.
Old 05-19-02, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There was a price change at Amazon before the release. Amazon had them for $14.99 and later dropped the price to $11.24. I have Desert Rats on preorder at Amazon for $14.99 and the price is now $11.24 for it. I like to call a CSR to change the price but it will create a major problem with my order since it involves STL and coupons. As soon as they change the price my other discounts will vanish. I did order the other titles you mentioned but got them through Deep Discount for $10.98.
Old 05-19-02, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Not to rub salt into your wound, Vampyr, but there was a Preferred Customer Sale at BB this weekend. Coupon scans were available in the DVD Bargains thread that would have given you 20% off and would have lowered your pre-tax costs to $11.98 each.

Deals like this are the reason I check the DVD Bargains thread at least 3 times a day.
Old 05-20-02, 02:17 PM

Originally posted by rdodolak
I would order them from DDD and once the discs arrive return those to BB.
Old 05-21-02, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For poetic justice of sorts, as rdodolak pointed out, if your local BB is still allowing the 30-day return policy for unopened DVD, then order it from DDD using the dvdTalk.com link. When it gets to you in 3.9999999 weeks, you can then return the unopened versions to BB....

Last edited by Startide; 05-21-02 at 04:20 AM.