Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Blockbuster selling previewed DVDs in their amray cases!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 05-16-02, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would refuse to buy a previewed DVD for the rest of my life from Blockbuster if they keep this up. Recently, Blockbuster has decided that their previewed DVDs will be sold in their amray cases. That means the original keep cases are thrown away and the inserts are placed in their own amrays, which can be locked with a yellow rod/stick. And not just keep cases, but the snappers as well, of course the larger card board covers on the snappers do not fit so well into the amray cases, so the employees physically have to cut off the sides of the card board to make it fit, often cutting off the words on the back and part of the front cover and logo. And DVDs released in double thick cases, like Old Yeller, also have the inserts cut with siccors to make it fit into their amrays. And it sucks and blows at the same time and there is no way I would buy a previewed DVD from them again.
Old 05-16-02, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
More proof that BB is the Anti-christ of the entertainment world.
Old 05-20-02, 06:18 AM
mvc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, my local BB uses their own cases for Hannibal. I think for a couple of movies they even printed out their own inserts. Those BB cases are pretty damn ugly too.
Old 05-21-02, 08:34 AM

Things are not as bad at the competition--Hollywood Video.

I bought TRAINING DAY which came in an Amray case--much better than the original snapper case that it comes in when you buy it at a retail outlet!
Old 05-21-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Trout
More proof that BB is the Anti-christ of the entertainment world.
as if we needed much more
Old 05-28-02, 04:46 PM

Not Just Blockbuster

Does Blockbuster at least give you the inserts cards or booklets with their amray cases? Our local Hollywood Video store removes these as well as the original keep cases.
Old 05-28-02, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Not Just Blockbuster

Originally posted by mjgardenia
Does Blockbuster at least give you the inserts cards or booklets with their amray cases? Our local Hollywood Video store removes these as well as the original keep cases.
If we did put them in (and I tried one time when I was prepping them) they would get bent up. They do not fit in there at all and get bent when the case gets closed. I was pointing this out to somebody else and she said she just throws the inserts away. Sorry to say, but I concured. I just said if I was a customer, there was no way I would buy DVDs from them. And now we started to throw away the cases they come in right away when we prep the prestreets and put the case inserts in light blue cases we have. Looks nice, yes, but I still would never buy a DVD there in one of those cases. As a collector, I have to have my movies in their original case, with the insert. I don't care if the insert just has a picture of the cover art and lists the chapters, I want it.