Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscountDVD -- Still The Best?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DeepDiscountDVD -- Still The Best?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-02, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Sierra Disc
I'm getting a little leery of the "free" shipping. My Jerry Maguire SE was shipped April 29 and here it is May 15 and no sign of it. When I first started ordering from them I'd get stuff usually within a week and a half of hte shipping, but the last few have taken 2-3 weeks to get to me. That's so long I almost forgot I ordered anything at all!
Isn't that a function of media mail? As long as it shipped the day it said then there's really nothing DDD can do once it's in the mail system. You can, of course, always upgrade shipping to Priority.
Old 05-16-02, 10:42 PM

I recently started using them and everything is going great. I like it when they e-mail me that they've shipped a pre-order and in each case it arrived earlier than release date. It usally takes 4 days to get here and that's good. I wouldn't blame them on slow delivery, most likely it's the post office. Media Mail gets very low priority. I regularly send a tape to my friend across town and it will sometimes take 3 days where 1st Class is there next day. As they say you get what you pay fore.
Old 05-18-02, 02:18 PM

Just an update--I had two orders ship on Tuesday--the Memento LE and another one. I got them in today's mail. If all my orders come this fast, I have no complaints.
Old 05-19-02, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free shipping is cool....2-3 weeks sucks!
Old 05-21-02, 01:25 PM

I would have to say yes... they are still the best.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...13#post2408213
Old 05-21-02, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Alright, I'm gonna ask this here rather than in another thread...

How is DDD about non-recieved orders? We're getting close to 4 weeks since a certain shipment and nothing yet... I'd like to resolve something before the deadline to dispute with my CC...
Old 05-25-02, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My order has been shipped for 2 weeks now and nothing. DDD free shipping does suck!!! But it's free I'm kinda turned off to DDD. Circuit City has some pretty good prices for new releases. I might have to turn to them.
Old 07-02-02, 03:41 AM
Banned

Curious about their pricematching, anyone know the specifics? I'd love to have their courtesy and cs with some terrible site's good prices. i.e DVDSoon's royal tenenbaums @ 16.50 shipped. Specifically I'd like to know if they pricematch before shipping and tax (which im not charged in California)? For instance DVDSoon is selling Royal Tenenbaums for 14.33 will they charge only that still with no shipping and tax? Any other limitations to the pricematching? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by MistisoMan; 07-02-02 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-02-02, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

DDDVD price matching

It's my understanding that they will match the shipped price of a bona fide e-tailer. So you'd get the $16.50 price, if DVD Soon qualifies, which I assume they do (?) (anyone?).
Old 07-02-02, 08:29 AM

DVDSoon is a Canadian e-tailer, and DDD doesn't pricematch Canadian sites.
Old 07-02-02, 10:15 AM
Banned

Ahh, so what qualifies as a bonafied etailer? Besides not being Canadian (= Does that include any and all American sites?

Last edited by MistisoMan; 07-02-02 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-03-02, 05:11 PM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
I like them a lot, and it's hard to complain about free, but I wish they were at least up front and stop saying "standard" mail and start calling it what it is--media mail.
Old 07-03-02, 06:20 PM

I recently had a problem with DeepDiscountCD, the sister company to DeepDiscountDVD. In another post, I outlined the problem and suggested I was a bit leary about them. Well, today I received an e-mail from David Barker,Director of Ecommerce for the parent company of DeepDiscountCD and DeepDiscountDVD. He apologized for the problems, agreed to look into the situation (I received a shipping notice today so it looks like problem solved), and indicated that they would be talking to their staff to make sure they eliminate such problems in the future. This was A-1 customer service! I was very impressed that (1) they are monitoring website such as DVDTalk to make sure that they are aware of problems, (2) they are addressing such problems, and (3) they appear to be making efforts to eliminate such problems from happening in the future.

So here's a thumbs up for both DeepDiscountDVD and DeepDiscountCD. They consistently have low prices, and, in my opinion, one of the few on-line stores who appear to care about customer service. After some recent problems with Playcentric.com, I've found out the hard way that saving a few extra bucks with coupon codes isn't worth the hassles if you have any kind of problem with your order at other on-line stores. We should all continue to support businesses like DeepDiscountDVD and DeepDiscountCD.
Old 07-10-02, 03:52 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I ordered a big batch of DVDs from DDD on the 2nd, and received them on the 8th, even though the 4th was a holiday and the 6th was a Sunday. No complaints here.