Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Sucker'd into DVDempire order

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-02, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody else take the bait and get suckered into ordering from DVDempire's spring cleaning sale? I ordered on Friday and wouldn't you know it everything I ordered that was $2.75 was "depleted" from stock. Wasn't there another company or 2 that did this sort of thing when DVD was fairly new. They put up these "amazing" deals and then "whoops" we can fullfill those orders. Seems pretty shady to me. I never have and now I really doubt that I ever will deal with DVDempire.
Old 04-15-02, 07:28 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you referring to buy.com's laser disc sale? I think that was the one.

This, however, really belongs in the store forum (complaint about a specific store), so moving thread.

Sorry to hear they didn't have the movies, though.
Old 04-15-02, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered one (Georgia) and got an e-mail this morning that it was out of stock. It's just as well; I shouldn't have even ordered it in the first place, but I couldn't resist the $2.75 price.

Rob
Old 04-15-02, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by Blade
Are you referring to buy.com's laser disc sale? I think that was the one.

This, however, really belongs in the store forum (complaint about a specific store), so moving thread.

Sorry to hear they didn't have the movies, though.
the buy.com thing was horrible, mainly because it took so fricking long to place the order, not only did I not get ANY of the 150 LDs I ordered (no more than one copy of any title). The only half way cool thing was they sent me a $75 GC, I talked them up from the $20 they were offereng
Old 04-15-02, 09:37 PM

wow,...hehehe, Buy.com ...i hate this company. I, like others have ordered from there..numerous times, with good results. That was until around X-mas time, they shitted on me...they guaranteed to have what i wanted (cdplayer/some dvds) delivered by X-mas Day, well i paid a pretty hefty shipping total..but i said " hey..f^$4 it, if they're guaranteeing the delivery in time then yeah what the hell". Well...guess what? X-mas time....no presents received by anyone, "Toodloo-Fu$%^n-Doo!" ahaha .....i havent ordered from them in such a long time.......
BUY.COM is doo-doo.
Old 04-15-02, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by RobCA
I ordered one (Georgia) and got an e-mail this morning that it was out of stock. It's just as well; I shouldn't have even ordered it in the first place, but I couldn't resist the $2.75 price.

Rob
"Georgia" was the only one I almost considered ordering, but it already said not-in-stock when I was looking, so I was wondering why an out of stock item was in a clearance sale for $2.75.
Old 04-16-02, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
well, i got a whopping 1 of my 13 DVDs. I'm gonna be returning it when i get it.