Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

From the Earth to the Moon - $47 shipped TODAY ONLY

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

From the Earth to the Moon - $47 shipped TODAY ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-02, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received an email yesterday saying that the set was mailed on 4/3.
Old 04-04-02, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got mine (Chicago, IL here) two days ago...
Old 04-04-02, 05:14 PM

Got mine on Tuesday here in the SW Chicago Burbs.....No invoice tho...

Last edited by StrTrkker; 04-04-02 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-04-02, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got mine 2 days ago, no invoice either. Great deal!
Old 04-04-02, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still waiting on my The World at War and From the Earth to the Moon.
Old 04-04-02, 08:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Got mine Today (UPS) No Invoice either
Old 04-04-02, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by lvbob
Got mine Today (UPS) No Invoice either
Did any of you get an e-mail with UPS Tracking number or SHIPPED e-mail? I only got e-mail confirming my order on March 29. Couldn't find ways to track the order on the web site.
Old 04-05-02, 05:16 PM

Originally posted by kits

Did any of you get an e-mail with UPS Tracking number or SHIPPED e-mail? I only got e-mail confirming my order on March 29. Couldn't find ways to track the order on the web site.
Negative on both questions. I got the confirmation too, but haven't received the package or a "Shipped" email yet. Chances are good I won't order from this place again, unless they improve their customer service in the next few days.

According to the NorthAmericanDVD.com customer service page:

We cater to the individual and small retail shops with dependable service, very competitive prices and a quick turnaround. Most orders are shipped within 24 hours. Although our policy is to ship all orders, on occasion, there may be a delay if a title is out of stock at the studio due to supply or manufacturing difficulties.
(Emphasis mine.)

So, assuming that From the Earth to the Moon is not backordered, they need to step up and honor their promise.
Old 04-09-02, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm interested in knowing how many members did not receive their orders? I've e-mailed Northamericandvd and they do not seem to respond to there e-mails. :-(

Has anyone else tried to contact them, and if so did they respond to your e-mail?

Thanks

Jon
Old 04-09-02, 04:23 AM

I did receive an email on 4-1 in answer to me asking if another DVD could be added to the order. Since then, no confirmation or anything. I have no tracking number or shipped email. Is this the norm? Does you order mysteriously turn up or what?

BTW From the Earth is still listed on their site.
Old 04-09-02, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by mekeez
I did receive an email on 4-1 in answer to me asking if another DVD could be added to the order.
What kind of store sends a message to a customer to ask if another DVD could be added to the queue? I've never heard such a thing before. That's annoying.

BTW From the Earth is still listed on their site.
True. So, what's the problem with getting the shipment out? I don't quite understand why some people who ordered this title received it, and some of us have yet to receive any confirmation. The least NorthAmericanDVD.com can do is keep us updated.
Old 04-10-02, 01:40 AM

Originally posted by dvdsarecool

What kind of store sends a message to a customer to ask if another DVD could be added to the queue? I've never heard such a thing before. That's annoying.

True. So, what's the problem with getting the shipment out? I don't quite understand why some people who ordered this title received it, and some of us have yet to receive any confirmation. The least NorthAmericanDVD.com can do is keep us updated.

Sorry to have been unclear. I had asked to add a title to the order and they did reply to that, but I have had no notification if or when my order was sent or what carrier.
Old 04-10-02, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

After they failed to respond to my e-mail I finally broke down and called them yesterday and they said my package shipped on the 5th.

The woman I spoke with gave me a tracking number so after checking with UPS it is indeed in transit. I think they could take a few minutes to respond to their customers e-mails!
Old 04-10-02, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by 5th_Wheel
After they failed to respond to my e-mail I finally broke down and called them yesterday and they said my package shipped on the 5th.

The woman I spoke with gave me a tracking number so after checking with UPS it is indeed in transit. I think they could take a few minutes to respond to their customers e-mails!
What is the phone number? I must have missed it although I thought I looked all over the site.

Opps--found an emergency number. BTW why do they have a UPS link on the site when they don't give your tracking number?

Last edited by mekeez; 04-10-02 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-11-02, 05:01 PM

The good news: they responded to my email with my tracking number within 24 hours.
The bad news: it took a full week from the date of their response to my first email, adding an in-stock DVD to my order, for them to have shipped it off. The original email got a response in 2 days plus the weekend.

My credit card was charged the day the order was shipped. I was charged the $6 for 4-7 dvd's. My package will come next week. Although this was a bit slow overall, I would consider using them again where the price was as good as this was.

Last edited by mekeez; 04-12-02 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-13-02, 09:41 AM

Just a note to say that my boxset has finally arrived today.
Admittedly I did send a couple of e-mails to enquire about the
whereabouts. I would still use them though if there were good
buys in the future.
Are there anyone still waiting for theirs ?
Old 04-17-02, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I finally received my first order!

I placed another order over a week ago and even though I requested them to e-mail me the tracking number, they haven't bothered to do so.

They may have good sale prices, however they certainly have poor customer service!

Last edited by 5th_Wheel; 04-18-02 at 03:52 AM.
Old 04-17-02, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got mine today (also after 2 emails and a phone call yesterday). Don't mind waiting for a good deal. (When I ordered the ken burns baseball box it was in my hands in 4 days. )
Old 04-19-02, 04:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I received my second order today and no notification of tracking number. The order was for The Rodgers & Hammerstein six DVD box collection. They packaged it in a shipping box that was just barely larger than the box set with no padding to speak of other than a dozen or so Styrofoam peanuts so the collectors box is dented on three corners!

Needless to say, I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. :-(
Old 04-23-02, 12:06 PM

Sorry for the delay in writing this message. I received my shipment on 4/18. Finally. Like 5th_Wheel, I did not receive a tracking number. More surprisingly, there was no bill or piece of paper saying "Thank you for your order." The box was not padded either.

Last edited by dvdsarecool; 04-23-02 at 12:09 PM.