Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

24 Hour Fitness

Old 03-21-02, 11:16 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 Hour Fitness

Does anyone have any ideas how to get a good upgrade rate?
Around 1998 I signed up for this prepaid deal, which I was told that would be good at all clubs in the Sacramento area. At the time there was no Sport clubs. Now during that time they have converted over many of their clubs into Sport clubs.Now only recently I was notified and stopped at a club that I don't have the Sport club membership. For 3 years I never had a problem until now.

Is there any type of legal action that I can do? I've thought of taking them to small claims court for either false advertisement or breech of contract. Unfortuantely I don't have a copy of my original contact. I do have a printing on 24 Hour letterhead of the many times I've gone into clubs without any problems.
Old 03-21-02, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You need your contract. Call 24 Hour Fitness, (Don't tell them you are upset) and demand them to send you a copy of the contract. They have to by law. Read the contract and fine print and then go from there.

If you think they are bad, try dealing with Ballys.
Old 03-21-02, 01:00 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the information. I had already sent a complaint letter about the situation. I don't think they would have a record of me mailing the letter, but I'll give it a shot.
Old 03-21-02, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

what does this have to do with dvd stores???
Old 03-21-02, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Deke Rivers
what does this have to do with dvd stores???
In the future, please use the "Report this Post to a Moderator" button on posts that you think need attention.

In this case, I would have replied to you that this forum exists to "Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off". It is not limited to dvd stores.

-stevevt
Old 03-25-02, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the reason I ask is that a lot of people have gotten threads locked on this forum for non dvd related stores in the past..didnt know the policy changed..Im not going to report anythin to a moderator unless someone is really getting out of hand..all I was doing was asking a question