Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Advice on keeping/returning Canadian DVD

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-02, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the Zoolander DVD from CDNow and received the Canadian version for some strange reason. I live in AZ and CDNow is not even based in Canada.

The DVD seems to work and play fine now.
However, what would happen if the DVD somehow went bad after 60 days, for example. I think CDNow has a 30 day policy. I would not be able to do what a lot of people do - exchange at a local retail store because it is faster and more convenient. This is the Canadian version with a different packaging and barcode/UPC from the U.S. version.

What would you do? I'm sure I could easily return it to a local store if it was a U.S. version, but mine is Canadian.
----
If I can recall, some people received Jurassic Park 3 from CDNow with Canadian inserts to receive the free DVD????

Has something like this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
Old 03-20-02, 02:45 PM

I would just keep it.

I live in the UK and I get almost all my dvd's from dvdboxoffice, very few are actualy canadian specific discs. Those that are as far as I can tell have duel english/french covers and inserts.

They are ALL region 1 and play perfectly, to answer your 30 day return question, if it does screw up just get in touch with the dvd distributor and send it direct. I had to do this with my Akira SE to Pioneer.
Old 03-20-02, 05:53 PM

Just go to your order history - if the order is still up, get an RA number and send it back to CDNow.
Old 03-20-02, 08:58 PM

Yea for some reason CDNOW sends out canadian dvds. I bought the Fast & the Furious from them and it was the canadian one. Thats not the problem, but the certificate to get my rebate was. They finally agreed to give me a $10 credit since the certificate was canadian and I couldn't use it here. Oh well, still I am satisfied with what the customer service said.
Old 04-03-02, 04:30 AM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

how fast is cdnow?
Old 04-07-02, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If it's not actually different from the US disc, I would just keep it. I've never had a cd 'go bad' in any amount of time.