Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know the status of Outpost.com's 19.99 Book of the Dead?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 03-18-02, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got in on this deal a while back but it has been backordered for a while. Just wondering if anyone knows if Outpost.com ever fulfills their backorders. I ordered this and a couple of other DVD's in order to save on shipping. If I don't get Book of the Dead, I don't want the other DVD's. However, they already sent me JSBSB at 19.99 plus tax and shipping which came out to something around 7 bucks. So I am now waiting for A.I. and Book of the Dead. Should I give up hope and just assume I paid too much for JSBSB?

Edited: By the way, I ordered after the release date. My question mainly has to do with whether anyone knows if outpost fulfills backorders.

Last edited by DVDoughboy; 03-18-02 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-18-02, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have already received mine. I ordered the weekend before the release.
Old 03-18-02, 08:28 PM

Order mine the night before the release and much like yourself I have recieved the other DVDs I ordered but am still waiting on Evil Dead:BOD. It's been a while now but I have yet to recieve it as well. Never heard anything about them not fulfilling backorders but no idea of a time frame for them to ship it out.

Worst part is that I was about to order it when it was "in stock" and I decided to wait ... and hour later... "backorder" .. not lucky that day!
Old 03-18-02, 08:29 PM

Location: I live both above you and below you, but always beyond you.
I pre-ordered mine 2 days before the release date and have received nada from Outpost. I called them and the CSR didn't sound too optimistic that I'd ever get this title. From what I can tell, Outpost only gets a small initial shipment, and if you don't get one then your order is on permanent backorder until you tell them to cancel it.
Old 03-19-02, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
yeah...it seems like you're just gonna sit there...i'm in the same boat as you...except that i bought a $1 item just for kicks, and now, that $1 item is gonna cost me $7 . I should just call them and ask to return it.
Old 03-19-02, 09:41 AM

I find it odd they havent shipped them yet, I was at my local Frys the other day and they must of had about 20 copies of this on the shelves. I sorta get the idea from looking at outpost.com that they're trying to keep them seperate but you would think Fry's would be able to send them from the stores to fulfill backorders like this.
Old 03-19-02, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by quackers
I find it odd they havent shipped them yet, I was at my local Frys the other day and they must of had about 20 copies of this on the shelves. I sorta get the idea from looking at outpost.com that they're trying to keep them seperate but you would think Fry's would be able to send them from the stores to fulfill backorders like this.
like most B&M stores with online centers, they're not all that related. Most likely use different warehouses.
Old 03-19-02, 12:04 PM

thanks for the replies. i guess i wont be getting A.I. or Book of the Dead. I do feel ripped off in that I ended up paying so much for JSBSB...I just wish that they shipped all at once and not like they do.
Old 03-19-02, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since shipping is calculated by weight, shouldn't they refund you some since you only had 1 dvd shipped?
Old 03-19-02, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Quake1028
Since shipping is calculated by weight, shouldn't they refund you some since you only had 1 dvd shipped?
i dunno...but i'd better get some refund...the $1 item i got with $6 shipping is steep. I'm gonna give them a little more time, but if they don't ship BOTD, then I'm gonna have to call and complain.
Old 03-19-02, 11:43 PM

I agree with Pham. Got ED:BOTD and "The One" ... still not a bad price on "The One" but $20 is pricey... I'm sure I could get it cheaper... but I plan on calling tomorrow to see what is up...I hate to open the other movie when I might be able to return it as of yet... I'll give you guys a heads up if I find out anything... I hate for this to turn into one of those Best Buy video card things...
Old 03-20-02, 12:04 AM

hmm, a ploy to get you to shop at their site is backfiring. I am sure many of you won't return!
Old 03-20-02, 01:39 PM

Hey all. Just got off the phone with Patrick at Outpost.com. According to them they have just under 100 people with backordered copied of ED:BOTD. Of course he wasn't able to give me a ship date but he says that it is still listed as "stock" merchandise" and they should be getting more in .... but of course that could be anywhere from a week to a month (they have no ship date from the manufacturer). So basically outpost.com is stuck because they can't get more from the manufacturer. Outpost's fault? you be the judge!

But he did say that if anything changes they will e-mail everyone with backorders and they will credit you for the shipping charges for it.... after all most of use did order a bit extra and get slammed with excessive shipping charges.

Hope this helps everyone. Not too informative but he was really nice on the phone... and they have been good in the past. I just hope this isn't one of those super limited edition runs kind of like what they did with ED2:LE. Finding one of those tins wasn't exactly easy.
Old 03-21-02, 08:48 AM

Location: I live both above you and below you, but always beyond you.
Hmmm, nobody else I know seems to have problems getting this title in stock. I was in Borders the other day and they had at least 50 copies; and this was just in one store, imagine how many copies Borders got nationwide. I seriously doubt we'll ever get this title from Outpost. They obviously lowered the price to get us to buy other stuff from them and then jammed us with high shipping costs as well. They did the same thing with AbFab Series 4, and did anyone ever get their backorder of that title?!?