DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   DVDSoon.com? Anyone Tried Them Yet??? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/187296-dvdsoon-com-anyone-tried-them-yet.html)

JCJF10 02-26-02 10:30 AM

DVDSoon.com? Anyone Tried Them Yet???

DVDSoon.com has shown up on one of my favorite DVDPriceSearch sites but with no customer reviews.

They seem be new... thus I always approach with caution and suspicion until I hear otherwise.

So If anyone has tried them, please let us know what your experience has been.

Here is what I know (which isn't much I admit)...

- Out of Canada
PO Box 99012
Succ. Fatima
Longueuil, QC
J4G 2S6, CANADA
Phone: 1.514.221.2163

- Some Low prices
- Shipping OK $1.80

:rolleyes: I noticed just as I was about to post this that the site isn't loading... :rolleyes:

ellone 02-26-02 01:40 PM

I haven't tried them, but they charge your card as soon as you place the order, NOT when it is shipped.

From the website:

The price and the shipping fees are <b>charged at the moment the transaction is completed,</b> meaning, when you click on "Confirm Purchase". This is done so that you pay the price at the moment of the transaction and not of another time, so you can preserve your savings.

For this reason, I wouldn't order anything that is out of stock.

speedy1961 02-26-02 01:49 PM

I've used them about 4 times with good results.

The downside was that I could never see / track my orders on their site and that they charge your card right away.

In fact, I have two rather large orders coming from them at the end of March.

Where else could you have gotten A.I. / new Tombstone for $12.50 - $13.00 shipped.

I LIKE to save money..... :D

JCJF10 02-27-02 09:46 AM

Originally posted by speedy1961
I've used them about 4 times with good results.

The downside was that I could never see / track my orders on their site and that they charge your card right away.

In fact, I have two rather large orders coming from them at the end of March.

Where else could you have gotten A.I. / new Tombstone for $12.50 - $13.00 shipped.

I LIKE to save money..... :D

Are you from Canada or the U.S.?

Did they charge your card when you placed the order
as opposed to when your orders shipped?

Thanks for the input. :)

speedy1961 02-27-02 11:14 AM

Answers:

Ansonia, Connecticut

They charge you card right away and before shipment.

No multiple orders requiring multiple shipping. They hold all items and ship all items within an order at once.

willow 02-27-02 03:51 PM

speedy1961,
If in stock, how long did it take you to get your order?

Thanks,
willow

JCJF10 02-27-02 05:25 PM

Answers:

Ansonia, Connecticut

They charge you card right away and before shipment.

No multiple orders requiring multiple shipping. They hold all items and ship all items within an order at once.

Thanks for the info! :up:

Kube 02-27-02 05:31 PM

AI is currently in the $20 range with now. Was that a special offer or somethin?

eviljim 03-01-02 09:55 PM

Might as well just order them seperate -- there's no shipping benefit to combining titles in one order (odd, if you ask me).

speedy1961 03-02-02 02:14 PM

Answers Part II:

Kube: It was part of a pre-order free shipping promotion in January I believe. I'll hunt around and find the thread and post back. If you ordered 4 titles, shipping was free. By pre-ordering I think A.I. came in at $12.50 US. I ordered 6 DVD on the first order and 6 on another to take advantage of the free shipping.

Found the thread:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...ight=Tombstone

Willow: Once the items were in stock, about two weeks. Pretty good considering they're shipping from Canada.

willow 03-02-02 05:02 PM

Thanks speedy1961

drindustrial 03-08-02 04:12 PM

I was beginning to wonder about this store as well when it showed up as the cheapest option for a lot of DVDs on DVDPriceSearch.com. After reading some reviews, I decided to go for it. I received a confirmation email promptly. And though my credit card was charged immediately, all the items I ordered were in stock, so it doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

Depending on the results of this order, I may decide to go the preorder route on my next order, especially considering that DVDSoon's preorder prices are quite good (reminds me of the good ol' days).

David

dp20957 03-10-02 07:25 AM

I was about to place my first order with them this morning, but couldn't get past their homepage. No matter what I clicked on nothing happened. Could this be a sign from God or is it their site or my webtv?

Barry 03-17-02 02:26 PM

Please people take caution ordering from these people.
I placed my first order on 3/2 & they charged my card next day.
I emailed them & asked where my order was 10 days later.
They will not answer me, my account says 3 titles on hand, and
two on order. They were all in stock when I ordered.
Here's the caution: they charged me second time for $39.48 on
3/13 & I never placed a second order with them.
I called my credit card company today & blocked them from charging me anymore.
I left them a voice mail today & if all gets straighten out? I will post back details!

drindustrial 03-18-02 04:30 PM

Well, I have spent a lot of time on DVDSoon's site, and I have to admit that they have done a pretty good job with it. They have a lot of information on the site, and the ability to convert Canadian prices to other forms of currency in real time through their site is nice.

I have placed 3 small orders. The first order is said to be shipped, both via email and in in the order tracking section of their site. So far, I don't have any complaints. I will post more when I actually receive my DVDs. But I think that DVDSoon is quite promising....if they do prove to have good service, then I will be a continuing customer, as their prices are quite good on most things.

David

foobball 03-18-02 07:33 PM

I had a good experience with them. Two weeks ago I ordered the James Bond Collection Vol. 3 from them for something like $105 US shipped. I received it less than a week later in So.Cal. I was going to post my find -but- I must have gotten their last one because it showed up "on moratorium" status the next time I checked.

Robbert 03-20-02 11:29 AM

So far I placed 5 orders since march 8:
I have received Peter Pan & Joy Ride.
OZ & Moulin Rouge have shipped,
Say Anything is on back order.
I will carefully check my creditcard statement!

Zarathustra999 03-24-02 10:20 AM

I would reccommend avoiding dvdsoon.com. There site is usually down more than 1/2 the time, and the only phone number they list is for their voice mail. Also, while checking them out on WhoIs.com, I discovered they registered their site with a phony phone number. I called the number trying to get in touch with a CSR and found out the number was for a PRIVATE RESIDENCE!!! The lady on the other end had no idea who dvdsoon.com was and said she would investigate this. So my advice would be to stay away.

speedy1961 03-24-02 03:46 PM

So far I've used them about 8 times with no problems.

Zarathustra999 03-26-02 05:15 PM

According to WhoIs: Database was last updated on 26-Mar-2002

The have now changed all the phone numbers to match the one on their website. I guess the lady I talked to at the private residence was able to contact them and have them take her number off of there.

Here's is another thread about the phone number incident: http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hlight=dvdsoon

Zarathustra999 03-26-02 05:18 PM

By the way, dumaiss (the last poster before me) is the Technical Contact for dvdsoon. Nice try trying to blame me for your mistake. :p

http://www.netsol.com/cgi-bin/whois/...&SearchType=do

EDITED to say that I must have blew dumaiss's cover, so he has deleted all his posts. I now believe he is now posting under the name sherlock105 (see below).

Roadrunner 03-26-02 10:32 PM

I ordered from them on 3/14. They charged my credit card 4 times and I have not received anything yet. I did email them about the over charges ... they did not apologize but did say they would take care of it.

Still waiting for the DVDs. Reading thier site is NOT reassuring.

As the transfer of property takes place when shipping your order, all risks related to the transportation are at the expense of the customer. DVDSoon offers (but only as an intermediary of the carrier) to its customers protection options to protect parcels against loss or damage. If such a guarranteed parcel is lost, DVDSoon will contact the transport agent to inform them of the problem and the carrier will take the appropriate steps to verify that the parcel was indeed lost. When the carrier has acknowledged the loss (which could take up to 14 business days), DVDSoon will issue a credit for the price of the lost product excluding shipping charges. If the product is damaged during transport, DVDSoon will credit the price of the damaged product excluding shipping charges upon reception of the damaged product.

This will probably be my last order.

drindustrial 03-27-02 10:45 AM

Well, I have received several of my orders already from DVDSoon. The shipping was quite fast (in fact, I still haven't received an order from DDD that was shipped before I ordered these DVDs), and the DVDs arrived in great condition. The Disney DVDs I ordered ended up being Canadian versions, but that really isn't an issue.

So, I am quite pleased so far with my experience at DVDSoon.

David

mjgardenia 03-27-02 01:41 PM

You Might Get Copies Printed in French and English

Because they are from Quebec you might receive DVDs with the covers (and sometimes the inserts) printed in French and English (my brother and I both did). The DVD I received (Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame) was the same as would be distributed to the rest of North America, with the same extras, etc. If this would disturb you be sure not to order the bi-lingual version (at the time I did not realize they had two versions available).

Otherwise, I received my DVD about a week after it was shipped. I also noted that they must charge credit cards immediately in order to receive the exchange price for that day

rkaufmann 03-28-02 08:52 AM

So far not a good experience with DVDSoon

I purchased Chocolat, the 2001 version however recieved the 1988 title. I immediately e-mailed them but did not hear back within 24 hours and re-sent the same e-mail 24 hours later. I left a voice mail today and will keep you all informed of the results.

So far I'm not very impressed with DVDSoon.com.