Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DDD Good but not always the cheapest

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-02, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Monday I sent Deep Discount DVD an e-mail about Atlantis being cheaper at BB. $16.99 + 2.98 S&H = $19.97. They honored there commitment of being the cheapest by lowering their price to $19.87. Today I finally had time to sit down and place an order but now the price is back up to $21.59. I guess there commitment to being the lowest price only lasts a couple of days. I think they should include this fact in their price match disclosure.

I've been a fan of DDD but this has put me off a little. I'm going to BB to purchase Atlantis and get my free $5 gift card.

I guess voting with my dollars is all I can do.

What's your opinion?
Old 02-01-02, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No store has every DVD the cheapest. DDD is great for some titles but not others like every etailer. I order at almost etailer there is. Lowest price gets my order.

BTW.. This should be in the Store Forum
Old 02-01-02, 08:18 AM

definately agree with both people. DDD has also been disappointing me lately. I ordered 3 times from them in the last week, and all three times, I got an email saying the item would ship within 2 weeks, because it is backordered. It said nothing about this on the site. Then the free gift issue. That is 4 orders of mine they could not fulfill. I will continue to support them, but now, it is cheapest price for me. PLEASE MOVE TO STORE FORUM.
Old 02-01-02, 08:59 AM

THe 'free gift' issue? Let me guess... you ordered just the free gift?

Do you honestly expect to keep a good quality of service from a company you're trying to take advantage of? You want lower prices AND free stuff.

I'd say don't complain about something you weren't supposed to get. At least for that one order.

Now, I ordered the free gift and two movies, got them all, and am perfectly happy with that and all the other DDD orders I've done.
Old 02-01-02, 09:06 AM

acutally NO, i ordered it with 2 movies, and got the note saying the free gift could not be filled.
Old 02-01-02, 09:16 AM

DDD is the best for some specific companies which they have good prices on, for some msrp reductions, and for some preorders, and also for ordering individual items and not having to worry about minimizing shipping costs by ordering a lot of items. however, they are generally very uncompetitive with "big-ticket" or most first week items/preorders at least imho
Old 02-01-02, 09:33 AM
DeepDiscount.com

Hello Everyone,

I want to apologize for the Atlantis price returning to its original price. We do guarantee having the lowest total price online and do honor our price matches. This was an oversite on our part.

JBabbit, I also apologize for the delays on your recent orders. We should have been more timely in our backorder updates on the site.

As of this this past week DeepDiscountDVD.com has been online for one year and the people at DVDTalk have been a large part of our success. Thank you. Your business is very important to us, as is your feedback. We take all comments, questions and concerns very seriously and strive to make DeepDiscountDVD.com your first choice when buying DVDs. Although errors will occur on occasion, we can assure you that we will address them quickly and do our best to make sure that they don't happen again.

Although DeepDiscountDVD.com has been online for only one year, we started this company with 15 years experience in the video retailing business as Critics' Choice Video Catalog and CCVideo.com. We know from that experience that our customers' satisfaction is the most important part our success and we will continue to improve upon our procedures and functionality based on your feedback.

Again, thank you for your continued support of DeepDiscountDVD.com and we look forward to serving you for years to come.

Sincerely,

David Barker
Director of Ecommerce
Infinity Resources, Inc.
Old 02-01-02, 09:36 AM

Originally posted by DeepDiscountDVD
Hello Everyone,

I want to apologize for the Atlantis price returning to its original price. We do guarantee having the lowest total price online and do honor our price matches. This was an oversite on our part.

JBabbit, I also apologize for the delays on your recent orders. We should have been more timely in our backorder updates on the site.

As of this this past week DeepDiscountDVD.com has been online for one year and the people at DVDTalk have been a large part of our success. Thank you. Your business is very important to us, as is your feedback. We take all comments, questions and concerns very seriously and strive to make DeepDiscountDVD.com your first choice when buying DVDs. Although errors will occur on occasion, we can assure you that we will address them quickly and do our best to make sure that they don't happen again.

Although DeepDiscountDVD.com has been online for only one year, we started this company with 15 years experience in the video retailing business as Critics' Choice Video Catalog and CCVideo.com. We know from that experience that our customers' satisfaction is the most important part our success and we will continue to improve upon our procedures and functionality based on your feedback.

Again, thank you for your continued support of DeepDiscountDVD.com and we look forward to serving you for years to come.

Sincerely,

David Barker
Director of Ecommerce
Infinity Resources, Inc.

This is exactly why I started buying my DVDs from DDD!

Old 02-01-02, 09:43 AM

I agree, but if DDD is still reading this, look over your phone records from yesterday for my call to customer service, and whoever took the call was not only rude, but when I asked him "Has something changed because I have had some problems in the past, and I really do not want to take my business elsewhere". He told me that there is nothing he can do, so I asked to speak to a manager. He said "your order has been cancelled like you requested because of the backorder, a manager will tell you the same thing, thank you for your call". I hope this is a rare occurance, and nothing like this will happen again. I have placed many orders with them in the past.
Old 02-01-02, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was slow to switch some of my business over to DDD
but $$$$$ Talks!

Of the 145 DVDs on my wish list I'd say more then 1/2 are
$3-$5 cheaper from DDD.

This is pretty good in my book!

I like many have experienced some nutty stuff on the billing side
but it has always been resolved without pain or suffering.

I'll continue to give them business as long as they are the
best game in town.

my $.02

Old 02-01-02, 11:14 AM

Never had a problem with DDD, except I live in Illinois and have to pay sales tax!
Old 02-01-02, 11:50 AM

DDD has my vote. Personally, I don't mind waiting a little bit when I know I am consistently getting a lower price.

I feel bad when I order a bunch of DVD's and they come in over the course of a week all packed in separate packages. I know it would be cheaper for them to hold my order and send it together. Even after calling them and asking them to make a note on my account, they continue to ship my orders as quickly as they can.

I miss the coupons from when they first ordered. But that is offset by knowing that 95% of the time I can be secure in the knowledge the the price I am paying is the lowest.

I have been trying to take advantage of the "Share the Love" program with Amazon. I have found it hard to find the movies cheaper even with the 10% bonus and it is a lot more time and work on my part! Not to mention all the effort Amazon puts into tracking me and reminding me constantly that they are watching my every move!

Thank you for the t-shirt DDD
Keep up the good work.
Old 02-01-02, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problem, but I'm fairly sure that DDD has one of the better CS around.
Old 02-01-02, 01:13 PM

I have also had very good experiences with DDD in the past. I have a current order with them that I'm a little worried about, though. According to their website, it shipped about 10 days ago and I still haven't received it. I emailed them yesterday asking if I should be worried, so I'll wait to see what they say. Hopefully it will show up soon
Old 02-01-02, 03:11 PM

Originally posted by journeywoman
I feel bad when I order a bunch of DVD's and they come in over the course of a week all packed in separate packages. I know it would be cheaper for them to hold my order and send it together. Even after calling them and asking them to make a note on my account, they continue to ship my orders as quickly as they can.
I know how you feel! Most of the time I'm in no rush, and I wish they would send them together to save themselves money. DDD has a great thing going, and I don't want to see them end up like the dot bombs.
Old 02-01-02, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by dpham00
Sorry to hear of your problem, but I'm fairly sure that DDD has one of the better CS around.
Agreed, their CS has continually impressed me with speedy cancellations and fast refunds.
Old 02-01-02, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My experience with DDD has been very good. The customer services reps have been very nice that I've talked to. I guess there's always bad apple, though.
Old 02-01-02, 06:58 PM

Update - DDD responded to my email letting me know that my order actually left them on 1/23, and to allow till 2/7 for delivery. That would have been fine...but at the exact same moment that the email came in, I got an IM from our receptionist letting me know that my package had arrived DDD!
Old 02-01-02, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I WOULD have placed an order on the 31st with the $1.95 Priority Shipping that ran through January 31st. However, at 5:30 p.m. Hawaii time, the price was back up to $3.95. By East coast time, I figured I had 1/2 an hour left. I was able to use the $1.95 Priority before, and thought that was a great deal. Because I'm in Hawaii, I'm afraid the free shipping would mean a
4-week delivery time. However, I did place a single item order by free shipping this week just to test it out.
Old 02-02-02, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts
I have gotten great service from them also, and will continue to purchase from them. They are pretty much the only place I do purchase from online.
Old 02-04-02, 10:41 AM

I heard about them in this forum and they became my primary DVD etailer , I found their prices among the best and they have very reasonable prices for international shipping .

I have only good things to say about DDD which I recommend in every opprtunity as a way to show my appreciating for the good service they provide .
Old 02-12-02, 04:35 PM

DDD is my favorite etailer, period. However, I had one slightly disappointing price-matching experience with them. Last Wednesday, February 6, when Outpost.com had Absolutely Fabulous - Series 4 on sale for $14.99, I figured I'd rather take my business to DDD to further support them and explore their price-matching policy. I sent them a detailed email with all the required information from Outpost.com (even painstakingly providing the HTML from the checkout page). I didn't hear back until today, Tuesday, February 12. Their response:

"Thank you for contacting DeepDiscountDVD.com!

We apologize for the delay in this reply. It sometimes takes a while to investigate pricing with the vendors. As it turns out, Outpost had the incorrect information posted. They have since fixed it. Our price is lower after you add their shipping cost.

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

DeepDiscountDVD Customer Service
[email protected]
(800)264-5076
pk"
Well Outpost.com didn't have any "incorrect" information posted. It was only on sale through last week, and DDD took so long to investigate the order, the price went up. This is not such a problem though, since Fry's put AbFab 4 on sale last weekend for $19.99, and I picked it up at Best Buy B&M, price-matched (and used a GC to boot). Anyway, it turns out to be DDD's loss, as I would have been perfectly happy to have just spent my money with them in the first place.
Old 02-13-02, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey DDD, where's my T-Shirt?
Old 02-13-02, 05:54 PM

Help in the UK

I have used DDD once before at the end off september last year, My dvds took about a month to arrive in the UK I put this down to the tragedy in the usa affecting the post as my dvds that I used to get from Amazon normaly took 6 to 10 days.

Is there anyone else out there from the uk that can tell me the normal time it takes for DDD to get to the uk.

Also has anyone else had the problem with the online status saying open and never changing. Do they normaly send a email when they ship your order?

my order had been sitting at open for 4 days and not a word so I sent them a email and they said my order shipped monday.
so it looks like everything is cool.
Old 02-14-02, 11:38 AM

Originally posted by TemptingDeal
Never had a problem with DDD, except I live in Illinois and have to pay sales tax!
Move out of state. Where are your priorities?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.