Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone get their Free DVD? (Jurassic III offer)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Anyone get their Free DVD? (Jurassic III offer)

Old 03-28-02, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just called Universal's CS # and they said that the free DVDs were backordered and would be about another 2 weeks, but at least they confirmed that my order was ready to go...
Old 03-30-02, 12:18 AM

Sent both of my orders in for the free DVD (Bowfinger) and the JP Box and DVD on the same day. I got Bowfinger three weeks ago, I got JP this past Monday. The box (as many others have reported) was slightly creased.
Old 07-02-02, 10:52 PM

Get this ... Universal (or Gage?) ADMITS they sent us all defective merchandise. After sending my DVD collectible case and disc back twice and getting a defective replacement twice (this time, the box has a huge crease and the disc is loose in the case and scratched), I called them again and they told me (as best I can recall): "We have been in contact with the manufacturer and they told us that all the items were defective to some extent. ... You can send the items back again, but we can't guarantee that you won't get another damaged one because they're all like that." Both a CS rep and a supervisor confirmed this information. (It took them 6 months to obtain this information?! Gee, thanks for telling me the last two times I called to spare me the trouble of going through the pointless replacement process.) I asked her why they couldn't ask the manufacturer to send some non-defective ones and she said they don't have any control over it.

Also, I was told by CS both times I returned the item to write a letter explaining the problem. Both times I asked them to write "Do Not Bend" on the package, and both times they ignored me. Despite this crap about all the items being defective, I still think the damage could have been caused in part by their use of flimsy packaging (their was a crease in the envelope as well). She said they had no control over the packaging used because (she thinks) the manufacturer sent them the envelopes as well. But she said they re-ship the envelopes from the promotion center, so they could have had the courtesy to write "Do Not Bend" on it (might not have helped anyway, since they claim they're all damaged to begin with). She said they read my letter (yeah right), but the shipping department wasn't notified to do this or forgot (twice?!).

In any case, they have offered to refund my money once I send the items back for a third time (she first said I could send the items back for replacement again--HAH!). And they've refunded my return shipping charges already each time. But I thought you guys might like to know that Universal (and Gage) knew they were sending us damaged goods and they took our $6.95 anyway. How disrespectful!

Time to fire off another complaint to Universal:
http://www.universalstudios.com/home...ml/contact_us/

Last edited by T-rex; 07-02-02 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-02-02, 11:52 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You're lucky getting something from them. I'm still waiting for my freakin' JP3 free DVD (Hurricane)!!!
Old 07-03-02, 03:20 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I guess I was one of the lucky ones.

Got my free DVD (Psycho 1998) a mere three weeks after sending in my form, got the box and Beyond Jurassic Park disc two and a half weeks later - the box was in almost perfect condition and the disc was flawless.

Are problems the norm or are these the exceptions?

-- Jough
Old 07-07-02, 12:07 PM
Suspended

I'd completly forgotten about sending this off - needoess to say, nothing has shown up yet. I'll have to light some fires and see if I can't get some action.

***EDIT*** So, does anyone have the Universal CS number?

Last edited by El-Kabong; 07-07-02 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-07-02, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by El-Kabong
***EDIT*** So, does anyone have the Universal CS number?
800-698-8705