Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Deep Discount DVD Problems and Resolutions (formerly: "What a nightmare!")

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Deep Discount DVD Problems and Resolutions (formerly: "What a nightmare!")

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-02, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mike Myers
It works perfectly with IE 6 also.
I'm using IE 6.0 and that's what is not working here.
Old 03-05-02, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dvd-fanman

I'm using IE 6.0 and that's what is not working here.
It might be your security settings. Tell IE to accept cookies from DDD and try again.
Old 03-06-02, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by RandyM

It might be your security settings. Tell IE to accept cookies from DDD and try again.
Well, I looked down further on the page that loads when I try to go to the shopping cart and discovered the error is on their end. DDD has a programming error in the Cold Fusion script that controls their shopping cart.

From DDD Website

Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

theNowPrice = dvdItem.nowPrice * 0.01

Error near line 475, column 11.
Old 03-07-02, 12:11 AM
Banned

This store has gone from one I shopped at frequently to one that I will probably no longer shop at.

I ordered something two months ago. I had to move and put in a forwarding order. The shipment went back to them. I gave them a call and told them to reship it and they said they would. My CC was immediately charged. For almost 1 month nothing. I sent them more emails and they, referring to the first order (not the resent order) said that it had been returned to them. What a lousy customer service. I finally decided to dispute the charges.
Old 03-07-02, 08:01 AM

Originally posted by Fergy
This store has gone from one I shopped at frequently to one that I will probably no longer shop at.

I ordered something two months ago. I had to move and put in a forwarding order. The shipment went back to them. I gave them a call and told them to reship it and they said they would. My CC was immediately charged. For almost 1 month nothing. I sent them more emails and they, referring to the first order (not the resent order) said that it had been returned to them. What a lousy customer service. I finally decided to dispute the charges.
I agree. I have bought many dvds from DDD, but until they clean up their act im gonna keep away. Back in november, i ordered a bunch of dvds, with Gladiator included. It was listed as out of stock but would be instock on november 25. I thought that was not too bad so i went ahead and placed my order. Well, suffice to say, i did not receive Gladiator until January something, and that was only after i email customer service.
Old 03-08-02, 12:46 AM
Banned

Definitely a hit or miss thing with this store. I sent back an item (Roots) and requested they send Jurassic Park DTS in its place. They did that. But I had 3 discs that they said they sent out (called them twice) again (Harvey, Son of Paleface, and Rosewood) and nothing has come. BTW, I send my discs to my home address in the US, and still nothing. I am majorly ticked off.
Old 03-08-02, 04:44 AM

Originally posted by Hollow Man
oten66,

DDD has already posted twice in this thread apologizing for the problems and willing to solve any outstanding issues you have. In my opinion, that's anything BUT dodgey behavior.

Are you saying that your problem still hasn't been rectified?

-HM
No...my problem wasn't rectified by DDD. I had the money reversed from my account. Their postings here are tokenistic gestures. I have been unfortunate and will not make the same mistake again.
Old 03-08-02, 04:55 AM

Originally posted by jpalm

You actually talk to the same CSR everytime you call? That is amazing (actually unbelievable if you ask me)...who do you have your account with...I want to sign up.
Hmmm...another reason, it appears - I'm glad I don't live in the US.
Old 03-08-02, 05:16 AM

I don't think its really fair for a few people to continuously complain about DDD in here. The problems i read a few of you are having are easily resolved by picking up the phone and calling customer service. The person with the Address problem with credit card company that is clearly your fault and your credit card company. You should of made sure your new address was taken care of before you ordered. [/B][/QUOTE]

Man...have you missed the point. It's precisely the customer service representatives that have not addressed the issues brought up by myself and others in this forum that's been the major problem here. I HAVE HAD TO GO TO MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO HAVE THE MONEY REVERSED FROM MY ACCOUNT FROM GOODS THAT I HAVE NOT RECEIVED!!!! How much clearer do I need to make it!!!!
Old 03-08-02, 10:54 AM
DeepDiscount.com

Dear Oten66,

We have attempted to address your concerns on several occasions. I have personally corresponded with you via email attemping to resolve any open issues. However, you have been unwilling to supply us with any information as to who you are.

As I stated in my last email, the email address that you use on DVDTalk does not appear in any of our databases. If you could simply supply us with your name so that we could find you in our customer database we would be very happy to correct any problems. Otherwise, without knowing who you are, we cannot address your concerns.

DeepDiscountDVD.com has a reputation for exceptional customer service, however, on occasion we do make mistakes but we always try to make things right for the customer as quickly as possible.

I am sorry that we were unable to resolve this issue for you, however, if you would contact me directly I would be happy to look into it further.

Sincerely,

David Barker
Director of Ecommerce
[email protected]
Old 03-08-02, 04:31 PM
Cool New Member

An update to my DVD story above. My dvds arrived today, one was in a broken case and scratched, the other has what looks like toothpaste or lumpy glue all over the back of the case.
I have sent an email to DDD, but I am assuming they expect me to send them back. So I have to pay to have them shipped from NZL back to DDD. Their insert advises they will credit me the shipping and resend the dvds, going by my previous experience that is going to be a disaster.
Old 03-08-02, 05:14 PM
Cool New Member

A suprisingly quick update! DDD are going to send me replacement dvds as well as refunding my original order. It has been a shakey order, but I appreciate that DDD are trying to fix their problems. I guess I will use them again after all.
Old 03-08-02, 06:38 PM
Banned

Well, I sent Mr. Barker an email about my complaints. We shall see. I know I haven't gotten any satisfaction from their other cs people.
Old 03-09-02, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No problems with DDD except that I didn't get a free t-shirt....
Old 03-09-02, 06:42 AM

I had one single shipment go missing months ago. 2 weeks after I initially placed my order a replacement was on its way, shipped Priority Mail as a complimentary upgrade and arrived the second day.

After more and more people complained about Media Mail shipments taking too long, things got better significantly. It has been a long time now without any complaints about slow shipping with DDD.

Customer Service has always been excellent.

They don't have a state-of-the-art order management system like Amazon. The status info on their website is unreliable. Order modifications are not possible and cancellation requests remain unprocessed very often.
But I don't really care. I buy DVD's online because I want to get them as cheap as possible. I don't want to mess around with orders already placed, because most times it only screws them up completely. I just wait for my shipping confirmation. And everything's fine.
Old 03-09-02, 12:58 PM

We have attempted to address your concerns on several occasions. I have personally corresponded with you via email attemping to resolve any open issues. However, you have been unwilling to supply us with any information as to who you are.

I find this hard to beleive that you wouldn't supply the people via E-MAIL your Order number, Name, and any other information they requested to resolve this issue. This makes me doubt if this whole thing even happened!

Oten66, are you trying to keep your identity a secret from DDD for some reason or are they lying about this? Someone sure isn't telling the whole truth here and its pointing towards you Oten66.
Old 03-09-02, 09:06 PM

I recently had my first bad experience with DDD. They took at least a week to ship out the first part of my order (despite claims on their site that orders are shipped 1-2 days after being placed); and then when I wrote to ask politely why it had taken so long, I got a series of weasely excuses, none of which I believe to be fully true. If they had just said, "sorry, we screwed up", I wouldn't have had a problem with it; but instead they made some weird claims about not being able to ship until they had verified my contact info. with me by email and by phone (though I received no emails or calls from them)...

My order had two backorders, and so far the first one has shipped (3 days after they said it would). Now I'll sadly be considering another vendor for future orders...
Old 03-10-02, 05:14 AM

Originally posted by dvd-fanman
Had anyone had problems with DDD regarding their shopping cart? For the past 2 weeks now, I've tried to add something to my shopping cart and the page doesn't fully load, it doesn't say that I don't have anything in my shopping cart and it doesn't say that I do have anything in my shopping cart.

I tried deleting my cookies and also my cache and nothing.
Don't know if this is a problem or not, but...

I just placed my first order with DDD, a pre-order of The Atomic Cafe. When I clicked on the USPS symbol for the free shipping, I was taken to a page that said "your shopping cart is empty." Is this a normal scenario for pre-orders? I haven't received a confirmation e-mail yet, so I don't know if the order went through or not.

Last edited by Stangman68; 03-10-02 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-10-02, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Stangman68

Don't know if this is a problem or not, but...

I just placed my first order with DDD, a pre-order of The Atomic Cafe. When I clicked on the USPS symbol for the free shipping, I was taken to a page that said "your shopping cart is empty." Is this a normal scenario for pre-orders? I haven't received a confirmation e-mail yet, so I don't know if the order went through or not.
That isn't normal for pre-orders. It appears that their site is not functioning properly. It won't let me log in and access my account information. It also doesn't keep anything in my shopping cart either. I think it's safe to say that your order did not go through.
Old 03-10-02, 09:09 AM

I have the same problem (can't log in or place an order). It must be a technical problem on their end because everything worked fine yesterday. This morning it's screwed up.

I just emailed them.
Old 03-10-02, 10:36 PM

AHHH!
Old 03-10-02, 10:37 PM

AHHH!
Whats going down with DDD!!
Anyone know when it will be fixed...
I want to place an order real bad!

Any info would be appreciated...my email to them sent this morning has not yet been answered!
Old 03-10-02, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I just placed an order about an hour ago, and everything went through fine.
Old 03-11-02, 11:19 AM

It has been fixed. Works fine now.
Old 03-11-02, 03:49 PM
Retired

DDD sucks. Their site is ugly and unprofessional. As far as I can tell they have no real time inventory system, so you have no way of knowing what you order is in stock. I ordered Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back on 2/28, I never got an e-mail with a confirmation number. I had to call my banks automated account and see if it had been charged yet to find out if it had shipped yet. It was charged on the 7th so that's when it shipped (the web site finally notes this as well). I should get it in the next couple of days, but that is simply too long of a turn around. Next time I'll just spend the extra bucks and order it from a store that I know has it in stock and gets their orders out fast, or I'll just hold off a week or so and buy it in a B&M, as no B&M's around here seem to get anything on street date except for the biggest releases. At any rate that was my first and last order with them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.