Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Can't find Mickey Mouse in Living Color

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 01-16-02, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've searched high and low for this title and can't find it in stock anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-16-02, 05:03 PM

Do you have a Disney Store in your area? They carry DVDs, and last time I was in the one here (this was a few weeks ago, mind you) they had a lot of the tins in stock.

Last edited by Groucho; 01-16-02 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-16-02, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

My Suncoast in Sacramento CA had a few about a weekago.
Old 01-16-02, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

www.deepdiscountdvd.com has it for 23.75 shipped.

I'm definitely noticing that these tins are starting to disappear from retail stores, though. Anyone sitting on the fence should probably grab them quick.
Old 01-16-02, 06:32 PM

Amazon.com says they "ship in 24 hours", so they apparently have them in stock. They're about the only online retailer left who has them, though.

The ebay price for these will likely rise significantly within a couple of months.
Old 01-16-02, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The most obvious place is from www.disneystore.com (which makes me wonder why no one is suggesting it -- it's where I ordered mine from)

They have all 4 in stock on their site.
There is even a 10% off coupon: WETHANKYOU
Old 01-16-02, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another suggestion, but only good if you have some inexpensive DVDs to get rid of, and a Wherehouse near you.
My local Wherehouse had some of the Disney tins last week. Their Tuesday 3-for-1 trade-in program will normally let you pick out titles priced up to $25, and pay the difference for titles selling at a higher price. The Disney tins were priced at $32, so you could pay the difference at about $7.
Policies about what they'll take as trade-ins vary from store to store, but lots of things will qualify.
I can tell you that most of those $2.99-sale Anchor Bay titles from last year worked for Wherehouse trade-ins in my area, and I ended up getting at least 50 new movies ($25-30 list price) for a net cost of about $9.60 each (3 of the $2.99s + tax). If you had some of those, the Disney tin would cost you about $17, if they still had it.
Anyway, just a thought.
Old 01-16-02, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DVDRules1
Amazon.com says they "ship in 24 hours", so they apparently have them in stock. They're about the only online retailer left who has them, though.

The ebay price for these will likely rise significantly within a couple of months.
I was only able to get a copy thru Amazon for around $27 shipped. eBay's prices are outrageous on that title already so I would go with one of the above-mentioned etailers OR do a search in the trade threads of the DVD Exchange forum on this site. I just completed a trade with a member here to get Silly Symphonies and has has all 4 tins available for trade.
Old 01-16-02, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

As this is more along the lines of 'where to buy a particular title' over a discussion about the Treasures set itself, moving to the Store forum.

- C
Old 01-16-02, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just came back from the Costco in my area (So. Cal). They had at least 30-40 of this title! No exaggeration.
Old 01-16-02, 11:58 PM

Costco.com apparently got a new shipment over the past weekend. An order I'd forgotten I'd placed (since, you know, I figured out of stock was going to be a forever thing) shipped--and it looks like they got really low numbered tins, if that kind of thing's important to you (I got #000746).
Old 01-17-02, 09:14 AM

Thanks to all for the suggestions. The Disney Store seems to make the most sense, funny thing is they were out of stock a few days ago so I didn't try them again, now it looks like they have it! Cool, thanks.