Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

www.DVDWorldOnline.com - Still in Operation?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-01, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I placed an order for 3 DVDs with www.DVDWorldOnline.com on 11/20/2001, and when it didn't arrive after waiting over a week for the USPS Priority Mail shipment, I contacted them by email and also by phone. They were extremely responsive and agreed the shipment was overdue, and promised to send a "replacement" shipment on 12/4 or 12/5 with delivery verification. They asked for me to notify them when I received either the "original" and/or "replacement" shiopment.

I received the "replacement" shipment with an invoice dated 11/22 on 12/8. I emailed them that day as promised. On 12/11 I got my email with email address '[email protected]' (which was the reply address on theri emails to me) returned as undeliverable. I then sent to '[email protected]' (an address I had used sucessfully previously), and it also got returned.

On 12/11 I also called them at 1-631-580-0101 and found that after the message: "All customer service personnel are busy...", I could NOT leave a message because theit voice mailbox memory is full.

Although I got the products I ordered and do not have a problem, I am concerned about any potential future orders I might want to make. And, if there is a problem with them, I am also concerned for anyone else placing an order on their web site, which is still operational.

Their prices are great, and they seem to have genuinely concerned customer service. But, are they still in business?

Their mailing address is: P.O. BOx 251, Lake Grove, NY 11755.

Has anyone else had any experience with them? I have done research on the Net today, but can not find anything more about www.DVDOnline.com. Does anyone have any information on them?
Old 12-11-01, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts
Gosh, that site looks sketchy. I wouldn't order there anymore if I were you, until I can verify that they are still in business. Even then, I still wouldn't order there.

Here's some more information from their whois record:

DVDWORLDONLINE (DVDWORLDONLINE-DOM)
PO Box 251
Lake Grove, NY 11755
US

Domain Name: DVDWORLDONLINE.COM

Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
Papetti, Eddie (EP3754) [email protected]
DVD World
63 megaw ave
Lake grove , NY 11755
(516) 737-0655 (FAX) (516) 471-4893
Old 12-15-01, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the address looks to be based out of a house (I live near this area)...that's all I can say...