Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

RentMyDVD is going DOWN!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

RentMyDVD is going DOWN!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-01, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RentMyDVD is going DOWN!

I've had it with RMDVD. Plain & Simple, they're just not ready for prime time. I've had 4 discs in the past 3 months that were unplayable. This either a blatant act of sabotage or a company that simply has no clue on how to operate a business.

I have a trick I learned on Netsux...you only put one thing in the queue when you have only 3 movies out. This way it will get picked a lot quicker than if you have other movies in your queue.

I did that for my last few movies at RMDVD and it took 3-4 days to fulfill it. Unreal. I've had Cowboy Bebop (Anime) in my queue since I joined and it's never been fulfilled. They have a very small anime collection, and movies that are 1-2 years old, they're not keeping any stock whatsoever.

I've had The Caveman's Valentine in my queue for several weeks and no go. I mean, it was released in 1999 for crying out loud.

I've just given up on internet companies. I can't tell you how many times I've went down to Hollywood and I get what I want. For me to break even with a 4-disk rental plan at RMDVD or Netsux, I have to rent 6-7 videos a month. Heck, I'm barely seeing 6 per month and I still go to Hollywood.

Oh well, I'm out. It just isn't worth it anymore

Disgruntled,

Tman
Old 10-22-01, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: RentMyDVD is going DOWN!

Originally posted by tbmiller

Oh well, I'm out. It just isn't worth it anymore

Disgruntled,

Tman
There's already an existing thread for both gruntled and disgruntled feedback for RentMyDVD.

Please feel free to post your feelings there.

Thanks.

-stevevt