Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

How to check in/out stock at deep discount dvd?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

How to check in/out stock at deep discount dvd?

Old 10-17-01, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot to check in/out stock at deep discount dvd?

I would like to place an order at deep discount dvd, but I can't find on their site if stuff is in stock or out of stock. How does one tell, or should I just order it and assume its in stock? I would never order something if I had to wait a few weeks for it when I can order it elsewhere and get it quickly. Thanks.
Old 10-18-01, 07:43 AM

I believe the only way to check if something is in stock is if you add it to your cart, it'll say "it's not currently in stock" or blank under the title if it is in stock.
Old 10-20-01, 12:11 AM

A sure way to find out if an item is in stock is by calling their customer service number: (800) 264-5076.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-20-01, 08:17 AM

DVDRules1 wrote:
I believe the only way to check if something is in stock is if you add it to your cart, it'll say "it's not currently in stock" or blank if it is in stock
I believe that is only partially correct because I know that one item that I was going to order indicated that it was out of stock when I put it in my cart so I deleted it. Then I placed an order with DDD for 2 more dvds and while it didn't say that the items were out of stock when I put it in my cart and ordered it but when I checked my order status the next day and it indicated that one of the items was on back order and would ship on the 10/29. This may only apply to popular titles that sell very quickly but I thought that I'd give you the benefit of my experience. Hope it helps.

I don't mind waiting for a little over a week for it so I'm not complaining but I think calling may be a good idea if you don't want to wait. That is of course assuming that CS has an accurate real time accounting of in stock dvds. I may try calling next time but sometimes the great prices are worth the wait, IMHO.

Hope that this info helps.
Old 10-20-01, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I always call. It's the only real fool-proof method.
Old 10-20-01, 02:03 PM

My experience was the same as explorer2000's. If you put it in your cart and it says it's out-of-stock, you can probably assume it really is out-of-stock. If it says that it's in-stock, then you have to basically hold your breath and take a chance. I had to wait about a month for them to ship a DVD that was supposedly in-stock. They really need to fix their inventory system.
Old 10-21-01, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does their "in stock" indicator update in the early evening or early the next morning?

I assume that someone updates the in/out-of-stock status once per day, but I don't know when this status propagates to the website shopping cart.

Last edited by Startide; 10-21-01 at 10:33 PM.