Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Who here buys at a B&M when you already preordered?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 10-05-01, 11:36 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm tempted to do it with The Godfather Collection.

I have it on preorder with Amazon, but I am so tempted to go to Bondy's (B&M in NYC that always streets early) and then just ebay my Amazon copy.

Why you ask?, my sig since being a dvdtalk member says it all. Also, my wife had a small part in GF2. She still has her pay stubs. ....and we got married in the church where the baptism scene was filmed (the interior not exterior of the church). Basically, this movie is more than just a great movie to me.

Almost time to change my sig...
Old 10-05-01, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I preordered the set for a touch under 60 bucks at Amazon, but considering it hasn't even entered the shipping process, I'm certain it won't get here on Tuesday. So, I figure I'll just pick it up at BB, Target, or Wal-Mart and once my copy from Amazon arrives (whenever that might be), I'll just return it to the B&M.
Old 10-06-01, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 168 Likes on 120 Posts
Maybe I'm just not as hardcore as some but I've always thought it seemed ridiculous to preorder something then go through the rigamarole of buying it on the street and canceling the preorder, unless you're getting a huge (more than a few bucks) difference in price. I preordered GF for $63 from amazon with shipping and that's not too shabby, I'll get it sometime next week and won't have time to really look at it 'til the weekend anyway. I just don't see the point of being such a fanatic that you have to see something the SECOND it hits the streets or cancel a preorder to save $2, but that's just me.
Old 10-06-01, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
This is just my personal opinion, but that seems nuts. Why even pre-order if you know you'll want it so bad. Most online stores won't get you the movie that quickly, though I usually get mine the day before (Monday). Obviously with a holiday on Monday, this will delay things. It's all about patience. I know it's hard to be so close to something, but if you've waited this long what's one more day? Seems like an extra hastle to me
Old 10-06-01, 03:00 AM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Jericho
This is just my personal opinion, but that seems nuts. Why even pre-order if you know you'll want it so bad. Most online stores won't get you the movie that quickly, though I usually get mine the day before (Monday). Obviously with a holiday on Monday, this will delay things. It's all about patience. I know it's hard to be so close to something, but if you've waited this long what's one more day? Seems like an extra hastle to me
I know, silly isn't it. It's not like I haven't seen them 50+ times before.
Old 10-07-01, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Etailers ( afew years back)never got DVD's to people by street date ,, you bought from them because you got it ccheap-now its starting to become more commonplace for them ship a lot earlier now so peoples expecations have gotten higher-I have yet to watch a movie the same day I buy it from a B & M so if I have to wait a little to get it cheaper and not deal with morons at Best Buy, etcc..its not big deal..I dont know..it seems that the whole concept of DVD has gotten lost as more people get into the act..now we have to have em the same day ,,the cases ahve to be a ceratin special thing, etc......Heck they can ship em to me a week late in a jewel case..its just nice to own a movie in this format..anyway preaching is over