Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Has anyone had a Playcentric preorder arrive on time?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Has anyone had a Playcentric preorder arrive on time?

Old 10-25-01, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Morningwood
Still no SW Ep 1 or Simpsons yet.
This sucks.
They are suck.
I hear ya! I'm still waiting for my October 8th shipment as well...
I hope they come this week!
Old 10-25-01, 09:13 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I thought I would be the only one to complain on Playcentric. I e-mailed them last week to cancel the order, and they said part of my order was shipped (Wednesday).. Well, today is Thursday, over one week later, and still no Terminator or Star Wars Ep. 1. I still have Dumbo which should have shipped today if not earlier and Michael Jackson's new CD. Even though my order woes aren't as bad as some of these that I have read, it is still bad to wait that long. I preordered Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail and Freddy Got Fingered (what a combination) from Cdnow a couple weeks ago which was shipped on the 19th and received on the 22nd... a day before the release date. Pretty odd if you ask me. Playcentric needs to up the customer service and lower the lying (not that I'm saying they are or anything ;-) ) I will not be doing business with them any longer after my order is received.
Old 10-25-01, 05:23 PM

They do have Customer Service...

This E-mail I received today, see, there are people working there!

"Playcentric.com" <[email protected]>

To :
""<[email protected]>

Subject :
Re: Order No. 5376460559 [TID19818]

Date :
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:00:07 -0500

Dear DONALD,

Glad to hear you received your package. ENJOY!

Sincerely,

Collette Gordon
Customer Service Representative
Playcentric.com
Old 10-28-01, 08:55 PM

Still no SW Ep 1 or Simpsons yet.
This sucks.
They are suck.
Old 10-29-01, 08:27 AM

I received my October 8th shipment on Saturday (October 27th). I'm happy now...but I wasn't happy with the cheap bubble mailer the 3 DVD's (SW:TPM, Mummy Returns, & Along Came a Spider)were in.....
Old 10-29-01, 11:40 PM

Oh I hear Ya'll! I got my first couple of orders in 10 days or so. But I'm STILL waiting on my Godfather set which they at least told me was backordered (which I ordered 3 months ago) and Dumbo.

And as a bit of additional info, for anyone who ordered Shrek from anybody, according to a freind who works for a MAJOR distribution center in Dallas, Dreamworks was running behind and couldn't ship to distribution points until 10/29!

If anybody got their's early, my buddy would surely like to know because this has been a MAJOR headache for him.
Old 11-02-01, 11:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally received my order yesterday, the 1st. I placed my order on 8/17/01 and I received the following:

The Godfather Collection $51.09
Terminator '84 (Spec Ed) $14.38
Star Wars : TPM $15.13
Shipping : $ 5.96
Total: $90.02

Though, they did cancel the Benny Hill 2pk. I never received the cancellation notice, but I pretty much figured that they would cancel that. The only question is, how do I get back the $3.46 that they charged me for this?

All in all these are pretty good prices, especially the Godfather collection. I'm never too much in a hurry to get my DVDz, since I usually don't have time to watch them anyways (cause of my TIVO). But I must say that the DVDz were packed really nice. But I doubt if I will order from Playcentric again.

Chris