Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon shipped Godfather!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-01, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my shipping confirmation! Amazon rulez!

Unfortunately it comes via UPS Ground... Amazon suckz!

UPS
Old 10-01-01, 11:24 AM

re: shipped godfather

When did you order your copy? I've had mine on order since 8/31.
Old 10-01-01, 12:46 PM

Ordered 8/12.
Old 10-01-01, 08:54 PM
Banned

I preordered in late June and I haven't received my confirmation yet. Hopefully, it's because it's being sent USPS not UPS.
I agree,
UPS
Old 10-02-01, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

My order status now says "items in stock - shipping soon". Yay!
Old 10-02-01, 07:16 AM

amazon shipping

oddly enough, my godfather shipping status says "one to be released 10/9." Hmm?
Joel
Old 10-02-01, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Do you live in the U.S.? International customers often have their copies shipped earlier because it takes them longer to receive them anyway...
Old 10-02-01, 09:47 AM

Ah!

Ah! However, the guy who started this thread lives in Joisey.
Old 10-02-01, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered mine on 6/29 and it says "pre-order to be released 10/9". I did STL w/ free shipping and a $10 coupon with the Book of Hope. The paperback says 1 one hand. I'd love to get this early, but I wont be holding my breath.
Old 10-04-01, 11:03 AM

Arrived!

The UPS guy just hit my door!

Can't wait to see the movies. Friday night's Godfather night!

As someone already stated in another thread the box is plain cardboard. I DID expect a little more...

Paramount.
Old 10-04-01, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I placed my order on 8/19. I used 2nd Day air as my shipping option. Will they ship it sooner if i change it to standard?
Old 10-04-01, 11:17 AM

re: standard vs. express shipping

Probably not. I opted for the standard shipping too. That doesn't seem to make a difference.
Joel
Old 10-05-01, 06:36 AM
exm
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Mine had been 'in stock - shipping soon' for a few days but it shipped yesterday!
Old 10-05-01, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

just for grins I inquired as to when my pre-order of Gdofather was going to ship and they said they cant ship anything before the release date..blah..blah..blah....i had to laugh as many of you have proven they they are shipping early-just not mine
Old 10-05-01, 01:21 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mine hasn't even entered the shipping process yet
Old 10-05-01, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm getting frustrated with the lack of activity for my order as well.
Old 10-08-01, 02:13 AM

Originally posted by Cartload
I'm getting frustrated with the lack of activity for my order as well.
Ditto.
Old 10-08-01, 07:29 AM

Wahoo!

My godfather shipping status has changed to "shipping soon. " It's the small pleasures in life. Now we'll wait to see if they actually ship the thing tomorrow or if I have to wait for a backorder.
Slow fade to PM. We see ticking clock in slow motion. Cut to Joel typing in "Amazon" IN IE5. He goes to account page. He sees "Amazon has shipped."
Godfather shipped one day early. Is Amazon radical or what?
Joel

Last edited by joelgee; 10-08-01 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-08-01, 03:18 PM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After being suck in 'shipping soon' status over the weekend, my GF finally shipped today by USPS. It should arrive on Thursday.

Btw, there were more than 40,000 preorders on GF at amazon a couple of weeks ago, so it will take them some time to ship 'em all out
Old 10-09-01, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I hope you all fair better than I did. My set arrived today and pleased me much. However, when I opened the package, I wasn't so happy. The spine had a horizontal gash across it. Obviously it had been sliced when a box full of the sets was opened by a box-cutter. Normally I probably wouldn't raise hell, but this has been my most wanted dvd since I got into the format back in '98. I sent an email to Amazon to voice my displeasure.

Dear Amazon,

I received my order today for The Godfather Collection. A pleasant and welcome surprise. However, upon opening and examining the package the experience turned somewhat sour. The spine of the case has a slash across it horizontally, most likely from a box-cutter used to open a bulk package of the sets. I think it shows pretty poor respect for the customer for me to end up with the damaged product. It's hard to fathom how the person couldn't realize they were literally cutting the product and not visually see the results. I would hope your people would take more care to ensure that the products you sell are delivered to the customer (me) in the proper condition. Quite honestly, the price gap between local "brick & mortar" retailers and those online is shrinking rapidly. I've always said I prefer the convenience of having the product arrive at my home, but that goes out the window if it is going to arrive damaged. Now I'm stuck with either a scarred case that will be likely to peel given the type of material used or the inconvenience of an exchange, neither of which pleases me greatly. Therefore I put the ball back in your court. What resolution would you propose for the situation?
Old 10-09-01, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Lionel_Hutz

Ditto.
I ditto your ditto.

Com'on Amazon! This waiting for a shipping conf. is torture on the nerves, considering how long we've all waited for The Godfather to be issued on the DVD format in the first place. With a shipping confirmation, at least I know it's on the way! Aghhhh!!!
Old 10-10-01, 12:33 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Nefarious
Well I hope you all fair better than I did. My set arrived today and pleased me much. However, when I opened the package, I wasn't so happy. The spine had a horizontal gash across it. Obviously it had been sliced when a box full of the sets was opened by a box-cutter. Normally I probably wouldn't raise hell, but this has been my most wanted dvd since I got into the format back in '98. I sent an email to Amazon to voice my displeasure.
If I were you, I would give them a call and raise hell. They are usually quick to send you a replacement copy. Enjoy the damaged copy now and return it when the replacement arrives.
Old 10-10-01, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My order doesn't even say 'Shipping soon'. WTF is going on? I placed my order way back in June.
Old 10-10-01, 08:40 AM

Do this.

I'd go to the thread at the top of this forum where live the customer service phone #s. Call Amazon, w/order number in hand. I've always gotten definitive answers from their cust. service.
Sometimes they've been good answers about incredibly dopey processes or inane reasoning, but at least they were good answers. And!! if you're not happy AND if the thing hasn't entered the shipping process, it's not hard to find another place that can match Amazon's price.
Old 10-10-01, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Do this.

Originally posted by joelgee
I'd go to the thread at the top of this forum where live the customer service phone #s. Call Amazon, w/order number in hand. I've always gotten definitive answers from their cust. service.
Sometimes they've been good answers about incredibly dopey processes or inane reasoning, but at least they were good answers. And!! if you're not happy AND if the thing hasn't entered the shipping process, it's not hard to find another place that can match Amazon's price.
Kinda hard to do since I've used amazon gc's But I will give their CS a call.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.