Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone heard or dealt with WWW.CDPLUS.COM

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-01, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a site in canada called CDPLUS.COM that has a reasonable deal on the Sopranos season 2 set (after conversion, about $57 shipped). Any info on this site before I order?
Old 09-30-01, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've placed a few orders with them and been satisfied but my third one seems tied up in limbo.

But it may not be the fault of the site. I'm trying to get a Godzilla set which they stock but it still hasn't come in yet although they should have restocked it by now. Unless it's going OOP.
Old 09-30-01, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by speedy1961
I've placed a few orders with them and been satisfied but my third one seems tied up in limbo.

But it may not be the fault of the site. I'm trying to get a Godzilla set which they stock but it still hasn't come in yet although they should have restocked it by now. Unless it's going OOP.
How long do they take to ship to the US?
Old 09-30-01, 11:33 AM

I would not recommend CDPLUS. There's a VISA coupon for 15% off which made them irrestible to try. Of my 2 orders the first had t be cancelled because after a few weeks when I finally queried them they admitted they couldn't supply, and my second order, still open into the 3rd week seems to be heading in the same direction. There are other issues. Customer service is not good and I will not deal with them again. You may have better luck if you stick strictly to items they have in stock.

www.absound.ca would be a better choice with some of the best pricing in Canada although they do not carry a very wide variety of titles. Sopranos will cost you a bit more there though, close to us$65 shipped.
Old 10-01-01, 10:13 AM

From what I hear CDPlus is very close to bankruptcy. I seem to remember hearing something about them getting ready to file Bankruptcy protection or something, but getting some funding at the last minute. While I do believe they have some B&M stores in a chain as well, I would be very hesitant to order anything from them.

M
Old 10-01-01, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ModoReese
From what I hear CDPlus is very close to bankruptcy. I seem to remember hearing something about them getting ready to file Bankruptcy protection or something, but getting some funding at the last minute. While I do believe they have some B&M stores in a chain as well, I would be very hesitant to order anything from them.

M
They have a B&M store close by. But their prices are sucky compared to the online store, plus the VISA coupon only applies online. That's too bad.
Old 10-01-01, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About two weeks on the first two. Huzefa
Old 09-03-06, 07:59 PM

Anyone order from them more recently? This post was 5 years ago and they are still around.