Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

MAD MAX SE 96% off: $0.75 at DVD Express!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

MAD MAX SE 96% off: $0.75 at DVD Express!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-01, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
He's just foolin' around.
Sorry Peep.. mah bad
Old 09-29-01, 08:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I take it noone has received an actual email confirmation from then on this yet right?
Old 09-29-01, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
ROTFLMAO!

I can see the headlines now.

Online DVD company put out of business for the second time in two years!

The online DVD company DVDExpress returned to business last week after a 9 month hiatus. During the weekend of September 30th online consumers were treated to a sale of Mad Max: Special Edition for $.75 cents. DVDExpress is now again bankrupt and on a permenant hiatus, trying to fulfill 10,000 orders for the one movie.

;-)

-corvin
Old 09-30-01, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: ROTFLMAO!

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
I can see the headlines now.

Online DVD company put out of business for the second time in two years!

The online DVD company DVDExpress returned to business last week after a 9 month hiatus. During the weekend of September 30th online consumers were treated to a sale of Mad Max: Special Edition for $.75 cents. DVDExpress is now again bankrupt and on a permenant hiatus, trying to fulfill 10,000 orders for the one movie.

;-)

-corvin
I wouldn't miss them....I didn't miss them the first time. It'd be nice to get the movie for $3 shipped though.
Old 09-30-01, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well just put my order through. We will see. (crosses fingers)

I swear if anyone calls the CSR's grrr
Old 09-30-01, 02:34 AM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by thejammy
well just put my order through. We will see. (crosses fingers)

I swear if anyone calls the CSR's grrr
Read the whole thread. They already did.
Old 09-30-01, 02:58 AM

as of 1am PDT, this is deal is still alive
Old 09-30-01, 03:10 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Still working and just placed an order
Old 09-30-01, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i cruzed some other forums looking for a BB pref cust scan and saw a few threads about this deal. someone posted that they did contact a CSR. i get the impression that it honoring it wouldn't even be an option. i had hope when i ordered it and there was less then 60 views, but now, given the sheer amount of orders for it... no way it's gonna happen.
Old 09-30-01, 04:36 AM

I am giving it a whirl. Heres to hoping it comes.
Old 09-30-01, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still working kids!

And only .65 via O/B! Woo hoo!
Old 09-30-01, 06:03 AM

Just placed my order, thanks for the info! My guess is that my dvd is to be at least #20,000 in line to be sent out. If it's all sold out, I'm hoping they'll give me some kind of rain check or gift certificate. I'm being optomistic about this.
Old 09-30-01, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jonathon E-What do you mean honor it the way Amazon does..Amazon does NOT honor and misprint of pricing (remeber the DeNiro collection fiasco?)
Old 09-30-01, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Deke Rivers
Jonathon E-What do you mean honor it the way Amazon does..Amazon does NOT honor and misprint of pricing (remeber the DeNiro collection fiasco?)
Got Insider, Academy Awards Collection, Baraka, Sol Bianca, Deuce Bigalow, Scarlet Pimpernel, Starblazers and others I can’t remember from Amazon cheap or free via mis-prices. I’m not saying they honor everything just that they have a better policy than most (especially for international as Best Buy, 800.com do not ship outside the US so any deal non-domestic can get in on is good IMO).

Last edited by jonathan.e; 09-30-01 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-30-01, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by speedy1961
And only .65 via O/B! Woo hoo!
Yes. I believe OB is our only hope now but given all the problems they have been having, I doubt they'll honor it either. With their already razor thin profit margin, they can ill afford mass orders at a huge loss.

This is the last thing they needed. Just when they finally have measures in place to try to get a handle on the huge backlog of orders along comes 20,000 orders for Mad Max. A part of me hopes they don't honor it and thus hasten their demise...
Old 09-30-01, 07:56 AM

Location: 1st Star to the right and straight until morning! ^^;
*bumping*

THe deal is still live right now. Thank goddess for dvdtalk.com I got on this one. I'm pissed right off I missed the Amazon.com Fushigi Yugi. Grr....damn SOL is not working for me :P I might have to try adding my name again. Server must have messed up.

Anyways. the deal is still there so like the original poster said, order one each and not be greedy and hopefull yhte company will honor this deal.

Pix
Old 09-30-01, 08:40 AM
Suspended

So whats the deal with this. i've never seen these price discrepencies before. so if its wrong you can cancel the order right?
Old 09-30-01, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Usually they will cancel the order for you.

But, why not? I'm probably the 100,000th to order this...
Old 09-30-01, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pro:

Ocassionally and very rarely these days do these type of mistakes occur.

Yes, you can cancel your order if you like but take it from a senior member, it is WISE to wait in these matters.

Case in point was where a member found a 7 disc James Bond box set which was listed on Best Buy's site for $39.99 instead of the $120+ that it should have been. I went ahead and decided to order just one. Just ONE copy mind you. Well eventually Best Buy noticed the mistake and corrected the price on their site.
The question was then whether Best Buy would honor the $39.99 mistake or cancel all orders.

Everyone started panicking and moaning and groaning about the place stating that the price probably would not be honored while those of us with order confirmations from Best Buy were retorting that we had actual confirmations and that no one should cancel their order until Best Buy made a statement.

You see, these large retailers stand to lose a lot of face if they cancel everyone's orders and if they do that, they can lose a lot of current and future customers (because when you have a bad experience, you're likely to tell three to five people and they'll tell others as well. If you have a good experience, you're likely to tell a friend or two who then consider shopping there because they know someone who can vouch for that retailer).

Anyway.... long story short:

About two weeks later, Best Buy had fully considered the implications of cancelling all these orders or the benefits of honoring those that had gotten through. The end result was that if you ordered just ONE copy, you got it for $39.99. If you ordered more than one copy, they would honor only 1 copy at that price and cancelled all the remaining multiple copies. This of course infuriated all the people that had ordered 6 and were going to keep one for themselves and sell the others at a neat profit.

It is really best to wait and see in this matter.

There were other crazy deals last year as well:

An X Files set for $20 at another site

The same James Bond 7 DVD set on another site (800.com) for $19.99 for about 20 minutes if I recall.

Order one and wait.

Consider the fact that DVDExpress or Express has been struggling for time time now and it really looked like they were going to fold. They used to be hated as much as Playcentric.com seems to be these days.

If they honor the obvious misprice (and it should be hard not to since it has been up for hours )

they will engender the good will of everyone who got in in the deal and we DVDTalkers remember these type of things.

See ya.

Last edited by speedy1961; 09-30-01 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-30-01, 09:20 AM

Originally posted by Drink 'Til She's Cute
Thanks, I ordered 96!
I thought 69 would be more your style.

Last edited by Don Quixote; 09-30-01 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-30-01, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It seems pretty obvious, seeing how the deal is still active, the DVDExpress does not have anyone working on weekends. Come Monday they should be in for a big surprise. I would hate to be the intern who they made enter the prices.

J
Old 09-30-01, 11:37 AM
eau
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I doubt it will go through. Here is an excerpt of their price change policy:

Our product prices are always subject to change without notice. The price for the product you wish to order is set at the time of your order, however, we do not charge your credit card until the product is shipped to you. We always verify prices as part of our shipping process. If a product or service has been listed at an incorrect price, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order for that product or service even if your order has been confirmed, or we may contact you with the option of paying the correct amount. For more information on our pricing policies, please see the Terms and Conditions.
Old 09-30-01, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow, you guys are awesome......truly incredible.......da chit man....i don't think they will honor this tho, but let's see if a bankrupt company can pull thru on this one.......
Old 09-30-01, 11:39 PM

Just to note I can't see why people would get so angry with any company that does a pricing error. Nothing is perfect and struggling buisnesses just can't afford even if they wanted to. I don't think many businesses can afford something this big! I mean you can't bleed a rock can ya? Just ah well we tried and on to the next deal... why would anyone get angry over not having their order filled?
Old 09-30-01, 11:52 PM

what i don't understand is why this deal is still alive?

jonathan.e Insider, Academy Awards Collection, Baraka, Sol Bianca, Deuce Bigalow, Scarlet Pimpernel, Starblazers and others I can? remember from Amazon cheap or free via mis-prices.
i've never heard of these!! only misprice I got in was the monsters collection but that didnt' work.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.