Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

MAD MAX SE 96% off: $0.75 at DVD Express!

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

MAD MAX SE 96% off: $0.75 at DVD Express!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-01, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is still available which is BAD NEWS!! The longer this stays open and more orders pile up, the less likely it will be honored. This may be one of those deals where no one is in on the weekend to correct it, then when the big wigs return to work on Monday and find 1,000,000,000 orders for Mad Max, they find they simply cannot afford to honor the price.

Oh well, maybe we'll get a GC out of it...
Old 09-29-01, 03:01 PM

i got in on it too... i don't even know what the dvd's about but it got 4 stars on amazon. thanks
Old 09-29-01, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by moocher
This is still available which is BAD NEWS!! The longer this stays open and more orders pile up, the less likely it will be honored. This may be one of those deals where no one is in on the weekend to correct it, then when the big wigs return to work on Monday and find 1,000,000,000 orders for Mad Max, they find they simply cannot afford to honor the price.

You know what else is bad news, it's hit Fatwallet and anandtech too... i bet thousands of people order this...
Old 09-29-01, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone else notice this DVD is not coming out until 4th January 2002? I think the chance of getting this DVD is less than being struck by lightning twice while sitting on the toilet.

Last edited by huzefa; 09-29-01 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-29-01, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by huzefa
Anyone else notice this DVD is not coming out until 4th January 2002? I think the chance of not getting this DVD is less than being struck by lightning twice while sitting on the toilet.
Don't you mean the chance of GETTING the DVD is less than being struck by lightning?

I'm pretty sure the chances of not getting the DVD are fairly high

Just clarifying I guess...
Old 09-29-01, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jiggyblau

Don't you mean the chance of GETTING the DVD is less than being struck by lightning?

I'm pretty sure the chances of not getting the DVD are fairly high

Just clarifying I guess...
Allright, allright......... we're still not gonna get the dvd.
Old 09-29-01, 04:11 PM

Originally posted by huzefa

Allright, allright......... we're still not gonna get the dvd.
couldn't agree more!
Old 09-29-01, 04:14 PM
Cool New Member

I know ******** takes away revenue from this site, but at $0.65 (plus $0.89 shipping), maybe THEY would honor this!

(I know its doubtful!)
Old 09-29-01, 04:16 PM
Banned

Any coupons?
Old 09-29-01, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks, I ordered 96!

(just kidding, you "on-the-edge-of-your-seat" people)
Old 09-29-01, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Aaron D
I know ******** takes away revenue from this site, but at $0.65 (plus $0.89 shipping), maybe THEY would honor this!

(I know its doubtful!)
No way! They'll probably just say your bid was declined.
Old 09-29-01, 05:07 PM

Re: Re: Re: MAD MAX SE 96% off: $0.75 at DVD Express!

Originally posted by Jericho

your kidding right? Maybe I'm wrong, but DVD pricesearch is just an independent site. There's no such thing as an "approved link". I mean they are at best affiliates.

I seriously doubt this is a "marketing ploy". If you want to get customers in on a sale, you don't mark down stuff 95% off and you don't do a small ticket item like Mad Mex:SE. You'd do some big title like Shrek or The Mummy Returns at say 50% off.
Even if not intentional the result are apt to be the same. You are dealing with a vendor who is trying to come back from the grave, with less than sterling results so far. How much of a financial bath can they afford to take on Mad Max orders!. When they cancel, then all who ordered will sour on them, and the company will be toast once again, with only a customer list as their best saleable asset.
Old 09-29-01, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by moocher

This is exactly what happened when that dtsonline site mispriced their DVD's over 4th of July weekend. Needless to say, I believe this deal is not going through....
Old 09-29-01, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally posted by Aaron D

(I know its doubtful!)
Actually I got Urbania from them for $1.51 shipped, so it is entirely possible that they will honor this. By the way I always use DVD Talk links whenever possible... but at that price how could anyone resist using you know who!
Old 09-29-01, 05:25 PM

I placed an order too, although I just know it's not going to work...
Old 09-29-01, 05:26 PM

I think we should write this one off too folks.. ah well.. we tried
Old 09-29-01, 05:26 PM

Originally posted by victant

This is exactly what happened when that dtsonline site mispriced their DVD's over 4th of July weekend. Needless to say, I believe this deal is not going through....
I don't think that was a misprice, though. They just offered a bunch of DVDs for $5 to specific people, and somehow managed to miss the possibility that the "deal" would get posted on forums like ours. It would have been smarter for them to send out a bunch of one-time-use coupons as the only way to get the deal. That way, at least, the number of orders they received would have been controllable. What happened was that the deal got posted here, among other forums, and they got way more orders for the $5 DVDs than they had expected. For whatever reason (monetary concerns, actual lack of stock, who knows), they cancelled many of the orders. Mine included. But that's ok...I'll just be more alert for the next one
Old 09-29-01, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by blakwngbrd

I don't think that was a misprice, though. They just offered a bunch of DVDs for $5 to specific people, and somehow managed to miss the possibility that the "deal" would get posted on forums like ours. It would have been smarter for them to send out a bunch of one-time-use coupons as the only way to get the deal. That way, at least, the number of orders they received would have been controllable. What happened was that the deal got posted here, among other forums, and they got way more orders for the $5 DVDs than they had expected. For whatever reason (monetary concerns, actual lack of stock, who knows), they cancelled many of the orders. Mine included. But that's ok...I'll just be more alert for the next one
Actually, they had a fiasco even before that. There was a pricing error and they were selling select DVD's for $0.00, the same ones that eventually sold for $5 later! And they were only 2 or 3 weeks apart!!! I was one of the lucky ones, even if it was only for "Dreamscape"....
Old 09-29-01, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got off the phone with a customer rep there who was shocked (to say the least) when I brought this to his attention. He said that he'd look into it ASAP so we should have an answer soon.

Of course, I got my order of 15 in first, just in case it's true. Ebay here I come!
Old 09-29-01, 06:28 PM

Of course, I got my order of 15 in first, just in case it's true. Ebay here I come!
You think ordering 15 copies improves our chances of getting these? Gee.. thanks....
Old 09-29-01, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Sc0rPs

You think ordering 15 copies improves our chances of getting these? Gee.. thanks....
That Duck Guy..err I mean Peep was being sarcastic. Even if he did order that money no skin off anyones back. They will probably either not honor the order of just honor one copy a person if that.

Seeing how DVDExpress essentially went bankrupt, stopped paying out to ******, and lost alot of their earlier reputation it may be on our side that they will honor the misprice to help renew theri reputatoin.

If they don't no biggie. They will not be geting any other orders from me as it is.

J
Old 09-29-01, 07:17 PM

Thank you, I ordered one also.
Old 09-29-01, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

::looks into Crystal Ball:: ..... I see....

1) These orders being cancelled
2) Five-page thread of people complaining that it was cancelled
3) All of those people vowing "never to order from that POS store again"
4) All of those people calling and cursing out customer service reps
5) Half of those people contemplating a class-action lawsuit

Happens every time.
Old 09-29-01, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by wlcohen
Any coupons?
$3 isn't low enough for you?
Old 09-29-01, 07:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sc0rPs
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think ordering 15 copies improves our chances of getting these? Gee.. thanks....[QUOTE/]
He's just foolin' around.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.