Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Buy.com and Simpson's DVD shipment query?

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 09-28-01, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey... before i go to buy.com to complain, anyone out here receive they're preorderd copy of season 1?? each time i check the site, i see 'sent to warehouse' and it was released 4 days ago. i'd think, in 4 days time, i should see a 'shipped' statement instead.

what kills me, is that they're still taking orders.

i mean, if they're backordered, or out of stock, or whatever, how about them changing the 'sent to warehouse' statement to... you should've ordered from someone eles? in the past, i've not had anyproblems w/them, that's why i'm asking here if anyone has gotten their copy from here.

Old 09-28-01, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I ordered a set last Thursday. It arrived in my mailbox on Monday. I still have yet to get a shipping notice from them, but I'm not complaining. Not bad at all for "free shipping."

I've found that Buy.com is terrible with giving out shipment notifications, but are pretty timely in their actual shipping.
Old 09-28-01, 10:56 AM

Mine was placed on the 25th and still has yet to be shipped. What pissed me off even more is that they are advertising it on their home page.....like its available or something
Old 09-28-01, 11:07 AM

ok.... thanks, kind of glad to see i'm not the only one in this boat, and yeah, it wasn't till i saw them post it on the homepage, like you mentioned, that got my 'dander up'.
Old 09-28-01, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by BigDog
ok.... thanks, kind of glad to see i'm not the only one in this boat, and yeah, it wasn't till i saw them post it on the homepage, like you mentioned, that got my 'dander up'.
Not a problem....always willing to help a fellow Filthadelphian
Old 09-28-01, 11:19 AM

lol... you just made me laugh out loud during a tele.conf. @work!

Old 09-28-01, 12:10 PM

I pre-ordered about 2 weeks ago, and received mine on Monday. As of Monday, their website still listed it as "sent to warehouse" though.
Old 09-28-01, 12:22 PM

thanks beaver

i guess i've got two choices

- request cancellation (this cracks me up)

- wait
Old 09-28-01, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

looks like last in first out-I order back at he beginning of April so I got screwed out of the free shipping plus they backordered mine..thats my last order with thei **ithole e-tailer-I used to praise them but they really suck now..too bad Im stuck with one more preorder through them..Fawlty Towers..after that Im done..sticking with DVD EMpire or Best BUy Brick and mortar
Old 09-28-01, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DJLinus
I ordered a set last Thursday. It arrived in my mailbox on Monday. I still have yet to get a shipping notice from them, but I'm not complaining. Not bad at all for "free shipping."

I've found that Buy.com is terrible with giving out shipment notifications, but are pretty timely in their actual shipping.
Exactly the same with me!
Old 09-28-01, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Mine was ordered a while ago and was delivered on Monday (day before street date). When I checked the status on Monday morning, it said back-ordered, but there it was.

I usually get Buy.com shipping confirmations on the same day or the day after I get the package, but I haven't gotten one at all this time.
Old 09-28-01, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered mine 9/21 and I haven't received it yet. My order says "Sent to Warehouse". This is my first order from them in a long time, I don't think I'll be placing any future orders...
Old 09-29-01, 10:11 PM
Cool New Member

I ordered mine the week before, it shipped out on Monday but did not get to me until Friday.
Old 10-01-01, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just received a response to my inquiry about the status of my Simpsons box set:

We apologize that the delivery of your order is taking longer than
expected. Due to a setback from the manufacturer, item #40157759 from your order, is on backorder. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated time of arrival. However, you will receive an email from us once it does ship. Please note that your credit card will not be billed until that time. If you paid by check or money order and decide to cancel your order, we will automatically issue a refund check to you.

Please write again if you have any other questions or concerns.

We look forward to serving you in the near future!

Send your irate messages to:

"buy.com Customer Support" [email protected]

I'm not sure why they took orders for product that wasn't "in-stock". I would have ordered it from DDD if I knew it was going into limbo. At least with DDD, I would know where my order stood!

Last edited by boc4ever; 10-01-01 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-01-01, 03:08 PM

Same thing with me, I ordered the Thursday on the week before it came out and still nothing. At first it said sent to warehouse and now it says on order WTF? I agree Buy.com used to be great now they are starting to suck.
Old 10-03-01, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

how can they send you a refund if you cancel when they do not allow cancellations on on pre-orders!
Old 10-04-01, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well mine finally showed up today..One more pre-order to go with this *&^%hold e-tailer then they can kiss my business goodbye..hope to see them bellyup soon