DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Barnes & Noble cancels all Flooz orders... Part II (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/141102-barnes-noble-cancels-all-flooz-orders-part-ii.html)

stevevt 09-10-01 09:12 PM

Barnes & Noble cancels all Flooz orders... Part II

Continued from this thread, closed for length: http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=133658 .

Please continue the discussion here.

Thanks.

-stevevt

cve 09-14-01 11:26 AM

If you do prepare a case study, you may wish to note that the most vitrolic correspondence and compliants regarding this unfortunate situation are from customers ordering DVD's.
If you're gonna use the big words, you gotta spell 'em right.

The unfortunate part of this situation is how poorly they treat their customers.

Dr_Evil 09-19-01 11:15 AM

B&N shipped me my Memento DVD seperately from the Godfather Collection, but at least I will end up getting something out of this ordeal. Hopefully they'll come through with the Godfather as well.

jiggyblau 09-19-01 12:57 PM

Here's my update...

I had Sopranos Season 2, Simpsons Season 1 and Neverending Story yet to ship in two orders. They have not yet shipped NES even though it is in stock. I suppose they will send it this coming week with Simpsons. Either way, I never got my orders redone, only reinstated with Flooz.

I did notice a week or two ago, though, that Sopranos Season 2 was lowered to $79.98 from what I bought it at, $89.98. I called up and requested a credit of $10 to my CC (I went over my available Flooz). After too many calls (3 inept CSRs/Supervisors), I finally got one who could send me an email confirmation of the credit. I was unsure if they'd honor it as it was for an order with a $20 off $100 coupon, but $10 less would bring the order below $100. Well, they said they lowered the charge. We'll see on Nov 6. At least I have written proof.

As of yet, I have nothing to show for my trouble, but this coming week will be very enlightening. More to follow...

hawksong 09-19-01 12:58 PM

Well I received my discs from bn.com, but it took far more time that it was even worth. I ordered Forrest Gump and the Princess bride with that Flooz and immediately after they cancelled all orders I went to their website and took a screenshot of the page that said they were going to honor all Flooz orders. I sent roughly 8 emails and made 4 phone calls to customer support before I finally got through to a supervisor (NOT a team leader). I never spoke to the supervisor, rather I asked for their email address and name from the team leader. With this information, I sent the most devastating email I've ever written someone in the Customer Service industry. I wailed on and on for paragraph after paragraph about my feelings of betrayal and how I would encourage everyone in my company and immediate family to never purchase anything from either their website or their stores. I'm serious. I really hammed up this letter. It was evil. The final touch was my inclusion of the jpg of the screenshot I'd taken that mentioned in their "committment to their customers" they would still be honoring Flooz on prior orders. I told them that I thought that because of the way they were treating me, the obviously didn't feel any committment towards their customers anymore. I received a new order # within 24 hours that said that the payment was to be set up by phone. When I called the number, they said that they were handling the payment. I got the DVD's the very next week for free.

The moral of the story is: Squeaky wheel gets the grease. I squeaked for more than those DVD's were worth to me, but the principle of the matter had to be dealt with. BN.com lost $50 on me. But at least I'll now consider doing business in their stores again...someday.

Side note: I called an cancelled my americangreetings.com platinum membership. I didn't ask for a refund, I just asked to have the automatic renewal taken off my account. The next day I received a refund, without asking. Not a bad deal, but I never wanted to americangreetings.com to get shafted out of this. I never felt that they were in any way responsible.

Tuco 09-21-01 11:24 PM

Well after being told in August that I would receive my order, the release date has come and gone and they did not ship. I've called several times but am being given the runaround, the person who said that he would reinstate my order is now unreachable. :mad:

<b>hawksong</b>, please check your email, I have a question for you.

valkyrie 09-24-01 03:26 PM

Damn, this is not good. I too was promised my order would ship, and printed the screenshot of the "commitment to our customers" crap. We'll see if they ship, cause tomorrow's the release day. I sure hope so, otherwise, I'm screwed out of pre-order prices for these DVD's, and I'll never shop BN again.

Here's to hoping.

jiggyblau 09-24-01 07:27 PM

Originally posted by valkyrie
Damn, this is not good. I too was promised my order would ship, and printed the screenshot of the "commitment to our customers" crap. We'll see if they ship, cause tomorrow's the release day. I sure hope so, otherwise, I'm screwed out of pre-order prices for these DVD's, and I'll never shop BN again.

Here's to hoping.

I too am waiting for tomorrow. If I don't get that damn "In Process" to change, a world of hell will enter into the lives of one lucky B&N CSR.

valkyrie 09-25-01 11:11 AM

Heh. :) I'm there with you, my friend.

"You ain't seen bad...but it's coming."

:) Grrr....I want my DVD's, dammit. :)

Startide 09-25-01 04:47 PM

While not much consolation for those waiting, the best story I've yet read about BN.COM's history is:

http://www.cio.com/archive/091501/bn.html

It's amazing how fast BN grew by keeping their eye on ROI (return on investment).

valkyrie 09-26-01 03:12 PM

Well, I kept complaining, spent an hour on the phone, but ended up with a $40 GC in my email from them this morning (the same value as the flooz order I placed). I lose the coupon I used, but oh well...it's better than a kick in the jimmies, no?

:)

Good luck to all with their quest in getting B&N to pony up for their lies.

jiggyblau 09-26-01 05:05 PM

Maybe some good news after all....but I'm not certain about anything yet.

Anyway, someone today merged two of my Flooz orders (3 DVDs worth $128) and then told me I would be charged NOTHING for the new order. I had an outstanding CC balance of $5 on one of the orders. Hopefully, the order will go through. If so, they may have redeemed themselves slightly.

Then again....I don't have my DVDs yet.....

Dr_Evil 09-27-01 12:05 AM

Originally posted by jiggyblau
Maybe some good news after all....but I'm not certain about anything yet.

Anyway, someone today merged two of my Flooz orders (3 DVDs worth $128) and then told me I would be charged NOTHING for the new order. I had an outstanding CC balance of $5 on one of the orders. Hopefully, the order will go through. If so, they may have redeemed themselves slightly.

Then again....I don't have my DVDs yet.....

Looks like your good to go. I got a new order placed and recieved the first of my DVD's. The Godfather set is all that I need to complete it. They even shipped Memento when it released seperately so you should be in the clear. If not, what's another hour or two on the phone with the wonderful CSR's from BN? :D

jiggyblau 09-27-01 06:00 PM

Originally posted by Dr_Evil
snipped... If not, what's another hour or two on the phone with the wonderful CSR's from BN? :D
another hour of listening to myself say the same thing I've said twenty times already

I detest calling them up.

jiggyblau 10-09-01 05:50 PM

Well, in response to my earlier posts, and to reassure others who've been dealing with this...I did receive The Simpsons I and Neverending Story from them last week as part of a reconfigured order which combined my two flooz orders. I now don't have much doubt that Sopranos II will arrive come November. Hopefully all of you are getting the movies you ordered as well.

Did anyone here actually have their orders canceled or was anyone told that they couldn't get their DVDs? I've heard a lot of people say that their orders were GOING to be canceled, but I'm curious as to whether that's happened or not.

CitizenX 10-10-01 01:18 PM

My Godfather set has not shipped but I did get SOTl and Terminator.

fingers crossed

drh4 10-10-01 10:23 PM

My Godfather set hasn't shipped yet either, still shows "in process."

I take it that's the status that all you of you who DID end up getting your DVDs had?

I had Rocky ship already on this order (before they cancelled all flooz orders.)

jiggyblau 10-11-01 01:10 PM

Originally posted by drh4
My Godfather set hasn't shipped yet either, still shows "in process."

I take it that's the status that all you of you who DID end up getting your DVDs had?

I had Rocky ship already on this order (before they cancelled all flooz orders.)

Call them.

This is what happened with me, and the release date passed without any movies shipping. They had to create a new order to get me my DVDs.

bhauge 10-11-01 11:59 PM

I had to call them twice this week about my GODFATHER order. They said they had to wait for another shipment (didn't they order enough to cover pre-orders?). I called them today and they said their shipment came in. I talked them into upgrading my shipping to UPS 2nd day! Should be here Monday.

chanster 10-25-01 11:41 AM

An update on Flooz - I disputed my charge with Flooz two weeks before bankruptcy, and my case was settled in my favor..so I got my money back and the DVD's..woo hoo.

jiggyblau 11-06-01 07:26 PM

UPDATE:

BN.com just shipped my Sopranos 2 DVD yesterday, and thus, I received all 3 outstanding DVDs from my 2 orders that were open with Flooz in them. Furthermore, my big order (Sopranos and Young Frankenstein) ended up netting a $0 charge (was $14) after all the fixes and order swaps and generally useless phone calls with BN.

I won't shop there again unless I have to, but they did at least send me my DVDs.

FredLove 11-09-01 11:09 AM

I hate to beat this whole horrid experience into the ground, but since my orders still say they are in process, I thought "what the heck" and gave them a call.

I never mentioned the Flooz and the csr didn't seem to know about it either. She looked up all three of the dvds that are still llisted as in process and she said they were ALL on back order. hmmmm

She even called the "warehouse" to see when they would be in, but they didn't have a time frame for delivery. I pointed out that the web page said they were in stock, but she said the warehouse and web page people are different and the info didn't always match.

This begs the question, is this a new way they are dealing with the Flooz orders? They just say that the items are out of stock and they have NO idea when they would be in? Makes me want to place an order for the Godfather to see if it is really backordered.

I had placed two orders with Flooz. The first was for Willy Wonka (pre-full frame fiasco, btw), Simpsons I, and Creepshow (which I did receive). The second was for the Godfather box set by its self.

I have only a glimmer of hope that these will go through, but why not try anyways?

CrazeeDonkee 11-10-01 05:03 AM

I tried negotiating with B&N. They accidentally sent me someone else's order of like $200 worth of books like a week before they cancelled all the Flooz orders. I ordered $100 of DVDs. I told them if they sent me my $100 of DVDs, I would send them their $200 of books. Everyone I talked to became speechless after I told them that and I would just hang up after they stopped saying anything.

I still have the books.. thinking about eBaying them. They're all hardcover marketing books or something :-)

jiggyblau 11-10-01 11:11 PM

Guys, if you bug them enough, they will give in. With orders as large as you're discussing, I'd be persistent. They know that not everyone will complain about it, but if you do, they have the tendency to give in eventually. Oh yeah, the only key (and it isn't easy) is finding a good CSR. Only after many incompetent ones did I find one able to seal the deal.

Good luck.

J-Dubya 06-22-02 01:24 PM

Still have 2.02 in Flooz left, any deals?!!? :D