Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Rediculous spun.com problems

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-01, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used spun.com in the past and have had no problems at all. In fact, I've been quite pleased. This situation, however, is really getting me mad.

I ordered a new Apocalypse Now DVD (I wanted to be sure I got a copy of the original version) using credit from some DVDs I had sent into them. When I got it, the disc was sliding around in the case and had been seriously scratched. I emailed them, and they quickly sent another (which I was very happy about). BUT...When I got the 2nd copy, I became very angry. It was a used copy! The inside of the case was broken, and the disc was once again sliding around in the case and scratched. The case was clearly worn out from previous use, and the spun.com stickers were on the inside of their plastic wrapping! What the heck?!

I have emailed them again, but having to get three copies of one DVD is rediculous. I suppose this is just a word of warning for those thinking about using spun.com in the future.
Old 09-10-01, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

madmike, keep us updated on the status of this order. I have had only two orders, one of which went through perfectly and another which I am waiting for them to receive. I hope that goes well too, but I'd like to know how they handle the situation now. Also, I've received 2 DVDs used from them and they were immaculate.
Old 09-10-01, 12:28 PM

Well, they sent me this email today:

We apologize for the inconvenience you've been subjected to with your order. You definitely were sent another NEW copy of APOCALYPSE NOW, but it sounds like it may have become damaged during shipping. While we won't be able to ship you another copy of this item, you are welcome to return the items you received for a full credit. Please pack the DVDs carefully, and ship them to us at the following address:

Spun.com
c/o ABG
4350 S. Halsted
Chicago, Il 60609

You should have already been provided with a pre-paid postage label that will cover all costs of returning the items to us. We ask if you could please include a printed copy of this email for verification purposes. Without this included documentation, we may not be able to properly handle the transaction or it may be unnecessarily delayed. We appreciate your cooperation with this.

Upon receipt of your shipment, we will have a credit applied to your credit card for the charges you incurred with this order. You'll be notified via email when this happens.

Please contact us again if we can be of any further assistance. Again, we're sorry for the inconvenience.

I guess I understand that they just can't keep sending me more copies of the DVD, but I now I won't get what I ordered. ARGH!!!