Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Netflix vs. Rentmydvd

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Netflix vs. Rentmydvd

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-01, 03:19 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Netflix vs. Rentmydvd

I used to be a customer of Netflix, but stopped my service in January to switch over to Rentmydvd.com. Boy was I happy, almost every new and old release was in stock.

I assume that most of you (just like me) get completely different feeling now. Out of over 30 titles on my wish list 70 to 80 % are out constantly. "15 minutes" was on top of my list since coming out.

I am giving Netflix another try (by using their free trial), every title (except "Enemy at the gates") that is on my wish list is in stock at Netflix.

If everything as rosy as it seems I am moving back.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 09-27-01, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts
Actually, rentmydvd used to be a cool, reliable operation but they've taken a massive nosedive in the last six-to-eight weeks. It used to be I could count on them to find all those new releases you couldn't get at Netflix, and they had there fair share of obscure titles. Now I have like 50 items on my "wish list" and none of them are in stock, -hell, I don't even know if they ever had them in the first place. I can never get what I want and have to scrape and scrape just to find something. I don't have this problem at Netflix, -they may have some stuff on "long wait", but they have a lot of new and semi-new titles. I've only seen one or two new releases at Rentmydvd per week, -if that many. I dropped my membership from 4 titles out to 2, and after another month like this... maybe I'll drop them completely.
Old 09-27-01, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plohish,

Welcome to DVDTalk. Please do a search or look through the first couple of pages before you start a new thread. In this case, there is a very recent thread called Netflix Anyone still with them, have they gotten better? that covers your question completely.

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

-stevevt