Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Any truth to the CDNOW closing rumors?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-01, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read over at fat wallet that CDNOW is closing. Probably just some moron reacting to the Japan-based portion of the company closing. But has anyone else heard anything. I bought the godfather and simpsons through them using the GC.com deal. So if they close in the next 5 weeks i'm screwed.

By the way, does anyone know if they hold your order till everything is in to ship it? If so i'm going to get my simpsons a week late! I went for the upgraded UPS2dayAir shipping, if that matters.
Old 09-04-01, 12:53 PM

They are not closing...the office is merely moving. Some employees are being laid off (since the company is merging with BMG) but the "store" is going nowhere. Anything you read to the contrary is wrong.

As to your order, I believe they will ship out the Simpsons first (probably before street), then the Godfather set the next week. That is how they have always done it for me, at least.
Old 09-04-01, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Awesome, thanks. If they ship before street date and i sprang for the UPS2Day i should get it On the release date. that would be nice

I really didn't think they were going under, i mean BMG bertlesman is huge, and they wouldn't be able to jsut make CDNOW disappear without some compensation to the customers.

I hope they're here at least till christmas... I'm going to preorder sopranos with them in about a month.