Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Outpost.com... what does "2-3 days" mean to you?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-01, 08:53 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried ordering the video game classic "X-Wing Trilogy" from Outpost.com, since it seemed like the only place that had it in stock. Since they actually had it, I also ordered a gamepad from them since I don't own one. I got an e-mail a few days later saying that "X-Wing Trilogy" is back-ordered, and they don't know when they'll be getting any in stock.

To put it plainly, this stinks. :P At best, it's lazy and irresponsible... at worst, it's dishonest. I feel like returning my gamepad (which they've shipped) out of principle, and picking it up from another store.
Old 09-05-01, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
outpost has always treated me really well
back in the days of free next day delivery.. I must have ordered from them at least 50 times, and always received my package the next day

I swear, some days I ordered at 7-8pm, and still received my package the next morning at 8-9am.. it almost seemed as if they were catering directly to me

on the same note... every since they killed their free overnight... I have still received all my orders in the amount of time stated when I placed the order.. if I ordered on monday and it said 2 days, i would get it weds..

although, I havent ever had problems with getting messages saying they are out of stock... so that could be a whole different story, if their inventory management isnt so good.

but, come to think of... one of my coworkers placed an order through them about 4 months ago.. and they called him about 4 hours later and told him that his order was out of stock, and suggested possible replacements.. I thought that was pretty good service.

great place to buy blank cdrs!