Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone bought a TV from Crazy Eddie?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-01, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious. If so, how was your experience? I see that they pricematch other retailers? Does this pricematch include the total amount with shipping? If not, it's completely worthless, as the shipping charges listed at crazyeddie.com are outrageously high.
Old 08-23-01, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I ordered a 61" Toshiba (Tn61x81) from them a couple of years ago and the price they gave me was by far the lowest price for this model, even with shipping . Shipping wasn't inflated either - they pretty much just charged what the shipping company charged them.

I also bought a Toshiba SD-5109 Progessive scan player (which was pretty expensive at the time) - they quoted me a pretty good price but I told them I could get it for less elsewhere and they matched the price. Shipping was only $14 by UPS.

Excellent customer service too - when my Television arrived it has some cracks in the frame that holds the protective screen on. I called them about it, just expecting them to send me a new screen/frame, but instead they sent me an entire new television which arrived in just a few days.

I know some people here think they are shady, but my experience with them has been wonderful. They will definately be the first place I check now that I'm thinking about upgrading My HT system again.

But, like I said, I haven't ordered from them in a few years, so I'm not sure if they are as good now as they used to be.

My advice would be just to find the cheapest price, call eddie's and see if they'll beat it, and if not just order it elsewhere. Just be sure to research the store ratings/ user comments before you take the plunge. It's worth paying a little extra for peace of mind - knowing that a store will be there for you if something goes wrong. The worst buying experience I ever had in my life was when I bought a camcorder from E-cost.com - it didn't work when it arrived and their response was pretty much "not our problem". If you want a good laugh, go and read their return policy sometime - I can't believe it's even legal.