Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-01, 06:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just placed a few orders this morning and I noticed the same thing. They must be getting killed on orders people are placing for one item each.
Old 09-11-01, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At this time I'm having a lot of problems.

The card appears when I connect to a supported site and then disappears when I access the product page of the DVD(s) I'm trying to purchase.

I just tried their online help again and am waiting for a reply.

I'd love to surf and talk to them at the same time but I only have 1 phone line.

I'm starting to suspect it's this free version of AOL that I'm trying.

Any ideas anyone???
Old 09-13-01, 12:58 PM

Originally posted by Thor
is it just me, or is shipping now 89 cents an item?
I got a response from customer service regarding this. Their reply:

"The 1 cent shipping promotion expired on 9/10/01. Standard shipping is now 1 cent per order and 88 cents per item."

So I assume if you have 5 items in an order, it's 1 cent + .88 * 5. Still the best deal around for shipping and the 25% off is awesome. I plan on staying a member until the deal worsens.

Eric
Old 09-13-01, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by speedy1961
At this time I'm having a lot of problems.

The card appears when I connect to a supported site and then disappears when I access the product page of the DVD(s) I'm trying to purchase.

I just tried their online help again and am waiting for a reply.

I'd love to surf and talk to them at the same time but I only have 1 phone line.

I'm starting to suspect it's this free version of AOL that I'm trying.

Any ideas anyone???
I wouldn't recommend AOL. If you insist on using it, open a separate browser externally, like IE or Netscape and use that in conjunction with Orderbox. I didn't see AOL's browser listed as compatible on the website.

Eric
Old 09-14-01, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Just wanted to let everybody know that Deepdiscountdvd.com and Bestprices.com are now supported by Orderbox. Do you think they'll give discounts to video games? If they ever do, I'll be broke by the end of the year.
Old 09-14-01, 08:32 AM

FYI, I just talked to them yesterday about my card not showing 25% off anymore. They informed me that if you lose you old cookie or if you install on a new box, you will get a cookie that calculates it at a lower discount. It seems new members do not get 25% off anymore. For all of us that signed up on time but are not seeing our 25% off, just place the order and then e-mail them to ask for the adjustment.

Also, good call to whoever noticed DDD being added to the list!
Old 09-14-01, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by outcastja
Just wanted to let everybody know that Deepdiscountdvd.com and Bestprices.com are now supported by Orderbox. Do you think they'll give discounts to video games? If they ever do, I'll be broke by the end of the year.
And so will they Be broke that is! I don't see how this business model will last forever.

Eric
Old 09-14-01, 10:05 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Orderbox doesn't seem to pop up for me when I go to DDD or Bestprices. Is it still working on those sites for everyone else?
Old 09-14-01, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DVD~Demonoid

And so will they Be broke that is! I don't see how this business model will last forever.

Eric
I think they'll keep going for a while, because frankly I don't think you are actually ordering from those sites (ddd, besprices, etc.) I think basically they are just trying to get you to find a price on the item (hopefully for them it won't be too low) and then just buy the dvd's from wholesale distributors and mail it to you.
Old 09-14-01, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by edlin303
FYI, I just talked to them yesterday about my card not showing 25% off anymore. They informed me that if you lose you old cookie or if you install on a new box, you will get a cookie that calculates it at a lower discount. It seems new members do not get 25% off anymore. For all of us that signed up on time but are not seeing our 25% off, just place the order and then e-mail them to ask for the adjustment.

Also, good call to whoever noticed DDD being added to the list!
Is this right? Has anyone joined in the last couple of days? What percentage off are you getting?

I may have lost out on this deal. I was waiting to join until some of my wanted preorders would be eligible in the trial period. Now the shipping goes up & the percentage off goes down...

Also, I often delete my cookies a couple of times a day. Will this mess things up?

I see DDD has the 3rd Woody Allen box set for $60. That should be a nice bargain for some of you who stay with Orderbox. (Nov. 11 release)
Old 09-14-01, 03:37 PM

Yes, I joined yesterday and I am not seeing the discounts that others are mentioning here. The prices are still good, but obviously not as good as before. Oh well...
Old 09-14-01, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Thanks Eric for suggesting trying another browser. The system now works great!!!
Old 09-15-01, 05:23 AM

Guys,

When I try to enroll by typing in my email address and click on 'ENROLL ME', I get "The page cannot be displayed". I can't seem to register as a member.

I did successfully install the program....what am I doing wrong?!
Old 09-15-01, 08:35 AM

I've had a bid stay in the "Processing..." state for 4 days. Does that mean that it's been declined? Do I delete it or how can I submit it again?

Thanks
Old 09-15-01, 04:35 PM
MrN

Originally posted by n.phelge
I've had a bid stay in the "Processing..." state for 4 days. Does that mean that it's been declined? Do I delete it or how can I submit it again?

Thanks

It doesn't mean that its declined. I'd suggest just waiting till Monday and if its still processing, contact them via live help.
Old 09-17-01, 08:19 AM

It seems that their software is still evolving and changing, as well as their database reports.

I've been tracking the changes (by laboriously writing them down on paper each day) to the prices on ACCEPTED offers and the so-called final INVOICEs. There have been fluctuations in the prices on both with the prices typically drifting higher (at least on mine). This price drive is occurring even though the status of the items is "SHIPPED".

Examples: One day, the offer price is listed at $10.80 with the shipped invoice price also matching at $10.80. The next day the offer price drifts up to $10.88

Normally, I would find price-changes on "shipped" items kind of appalling, but the prices are still pretty good so I won't quibble over ten cents here and ten cents there. However, this means I now have to watch my credit card statements carefully as I don't want to see yet one more final price drift of, say, $2 or $3 on an aggregate total.

FOLLOWUP:

My advice is to ignore my prattling above unless you are one of those curious about how a company evolves its software. What matters most to you is the final price on your CC statement so you can simply examine the invoice's final total price when you receive the DVD, compare that price to your original offer price, and if the price is the same or lower, you have done well. Above all, don't worry unnecessarily just because of my post. I am posting only for those people who like to see how software systems evolve and the systems' effects on data.

Last edited by Startide; 09-17-01 at 08:25 AM.
Old 09-19-01, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

OK. Apologies for starting a thread. Don't know why this one did not show up in my search.

Anyway...

What gives with Orderbox??
Is anybody else having trouble with offers not being processed and no answer from customer service or "live help"? I have already had one offer "disappear" and a few more will by tomorrow if they don't take action on them. These are all popular new titles. The one that disappeared never said "declined" it just stayed "processing" until time ran out and then disappeared. I have already gotten one incorrect item (Mummy UE instead of MR) and my Planet of the Apes 2001 preorder says "Charleton Heston". I know he was in both but I doubt he would be the actor listed in the order for the 2001 version. Fiddler on the Roof showed up as Mask of Zorro iSE n my offer list so no telling what I will get.

I may be jumping the gun but I am beginning to wonder about this company. I fear they may be overwhelmed with business or just extremely unorganized. That puts as many companies out of business as not having enough customers. So far I am not impressed with customer service.

Someone please give me some reassurance. I don't want to end up losing a lot of money ala Cyberrebate...
Old 09-19-01, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Is anybody else having trouble with offers not being processed and no answer from customer service or "live help"? I have already had one offer "disappear" and a few more will by tomorrow if they don't take action on them.
I'm having the exact same problem. Three items just disappeared. I go ask "Orderbox Live" but they don't respond. Last week when I asked them questions they answered in like 2 to 3 mintues. One item was approved however, and is "in process".
Old 09-20-01, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Please someone explain the comparison between this and Cyberrebates. There is no rebates and they do not charge you till it ships. Exactly what risk are people talking about? There's a cancel membership button at the bottom of your cart feel free to click it anytime. I've had no problems with them.
Old 09-20-01, 09:44 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Hmm. It seems like we won't be able to talk about Orderbox much longer because the Geoff closed down the thread in the Bargain Forum.

Geoff, maybe could you explain that a little? I understand it's taking revenue away from the site, but people are going to use it because it's such a great deal.

I'm curious as to where Orderbox gets their DVDs from? Do they get them from the stores you place your bid or do they get them from their own distributors?
Old 09-20-01, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by cubanx
Please someone explain the comparison between this and Cyberrebates. There is no rebates and they do not charge you till it ships. Exactly what risk are people talking about? There's a cancel membership button at the bottom of your cart feel free to click it anytime. I've had no problems with them.
Exactly. They may have some issues, but they aren't crooks like Cyberrebates.
Old 09-20-01, 01:41 PM
MrN

Its too bad that this forum is unable to get along with Orderbox. I would never have found out about Orderbox if not for DVDTalk.

I will try to support this other forum in other ways while I use Orderbox.

Since I buy at least 5 DVDs a month, Orderbox will more than pay for itself as long as they offer 25% off other e-tailers. But I am starting to see only 10% savings based on CDNOW (which had good pre-order prices).
Old 09-20-01, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I signed up before Sept 10 or whatever that date was that they told us about, but as of today, I am no longer receiving the 25% off all items. They must have lost quite a bit with the initial surge of orders. Oh well, all good things must come to an end.
Old 09-20-01, 03:47 PM

Originally posted by jiggyblau
I signed up before Sept 10 or whatever that date was that they told us about, but as of today, I am no longer receiving the 25% off all items. They must have lost quite a bit with the initial surge of orders. Oh well, all good things must come to an end.
I signed up before the 10th as well, and I'm still getting the 25% discount (including cdnow)...
Old 09-20-01, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I signed up ON the 10th, and am still getting 25%, including CDNow.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.