Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Old 09-05-01, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me see if I'm understanding this: The $100 credit, is that like giving out $100 in free stuff? That seems unbelievable. People are talking about getting their credit cards charged. What's up with the $100?
Old 09-05-01, 10:28 AM

The $100 credit is towards the discounts. I assume even when it runs out you get the 25% off on dvds, because otherwise why would anyone keep a membership
Old 09-05-01, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok here is the deal with orderbox

They decided that until Dec 31 you get 25% off all your stuff no matter how much. So you pay the $3 a month fee but you save a lot more then that anyway if you order a lot like most of us do

Then i believe (dont realy know yet) starting in jan you get $100 in credit each month. Each time you purchase something it takes 25% off the item and then thats the $$ out of your $100 credit until you run out.
Old 09-05-01, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 457 Likes on 315 Posts
Actually, I think the $100 credit is a one-time only thing. Here's from their site:

$100 Credit:
We're so sure that you're going to love the OrderBox Card that we're going to deposit $100 into your OrderBox account just to get you started! (available for immediate use, even during your free trial period). Have fun spending it while you shop at your favorite online stores! See $100 Credit FAQ.
Then from the $100 Credit FAQ:

OrderBox Card $100 Credit FAQ

1. What is the New Member Credit?
The OrderBox New Member Credit is a program that credits your OrderBox Card account with 100 OrderBox$. This credit may be used to pay up to 25 percent of any order of books, music, video and DVDs (excluding shipping and taxes). In other words... every time you make a purchase using the OrderBox Card you receive an extra 25% discount off of the price listed at the site you are shopping. You will continue to receive this additional discount until your $100 are used up.

2. When will I be able to start using my 100 OrderBox$?
You will be able to use your 100 OrderBox$ as soon as you complete the enrollment process and install the OrderBox Card software. This bonus expires on December 31st, 2001.

3. How will I know when I have received my bonus?
You will see the 100 OrderBox$ bonus when you log into your OrderBox account. Also, the Members Price offered to you on the Card includes the applied credit.

4. Are there any restrictions?
This bonus program is limited to only one per household.
That is how it is supposed to work. My suspicion is that they had techincal difficulties implementing this $100 credit deduction thing. Therefore, they just went to an across-the-board 25% reduction for all DVD, Book, Music, Video until December 31st.

The $100 "credit" is not given to you every month. I suspect that after Dec. 31, you'll have to "bid" on your DVD prices, just like you do with electronics, and we definitely won't be seeing discounts as big as the additional 25% off, and there will be no $.01 promotional shipping. So milk it for all it's worth for your DVDs, books, and CDs until Dec. 31, because I don't think it'll be worth it after that. In fact, I'd be surprised if this deal lasts that long without them modifying the terms or adding normal shipping costs or something.
Old 09-05-01, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can someone find out how much I can pick up fight club 2 disc dvd for?

I am still a little skeptical about this site.
Old 09-05-01, 08:43 PM
Cool New Member

If you order more than one dvd at a time, will orderbox hold them until all the bids are accepted? I am just wondering because my Chasing Amy bid was accepted a few days ago and is not listed as shipped and I had clicked on a few others that haven't been accepted and checked out with all of them together. I was thinking maybe I should cancel them and put the bids in one at a time.

Thanks
Old 09-06-01, 12:19 AM

Originally posted by jiggawhat
Can someone find out how much I can pick up fight club 2 disc dvd for?

I am still a little skeptical about this site.
Should be $15.20 or so shipped (based on Amazon's price). You have to actually bid to be sure they'll honor that price, but most of us have had luck re-submitting ones that were turned down the first time.

What are you skeptical about? If you're worried about them ripping you off, a lot of us have had successful orders, and if they take Amex, it's usually a good sign. If you're worried if the DVDs are stolen or something, I can't vouch for that either way, but mine were all new retail packages.

Have fun if you decide to do it. It's a great deal as long as they keep the cheap shipping.
Old 09-06-01, 12:08 PM
lxl

$100 credit?

I placed an order earlier time this week, with the $100 credit in my account. However, it's still there even though my order costed me more than $100. I kept reading messages on this board that they "discontinued $100", but on their website it still clearly shows you will get $100 if you join.

I am a little bit confused:
1. Is $100 credit "discontinued"?
2. how can you spend the $100 if it's in your account?

orderbox.com's help section does not really help.

MIA
Old 09-06-01, 12:47 PM

Re: 2nd Day Air Shipping

I selected 2nd Day Air shipping on one of my orders and was charged $5.90 for shipping one dvd. I sent Orderbox an email asking what about the promotional rate (.01 shipping) and they clarified that that is only for standard shipping. Their email;

Dear *****,

As stated on the OrderBox card, the 1 penny shipping promotion is only available for Standard shipping . If you decide to upgrade the shipping method you will be charged the fees which are listed on our site. You may change your shipping method for future orders by logging on to your account's Shipping method section.

Please feel free to contact us if you require further assistance.

Sincerely,

The OrderBox Team
Old 09-06-01, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Should be $15.20 or so shipped (based on Amazon's price). You have to actually bid to be sure they'll honor that price, but most of us have had luck re-submitting ones that were turned down the first time.
Thanks for the info.
Old 09-06-01, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One thing I don't understand is this bidding process. I added it to the cart and I don't understand how you can get your price lower than what the price is in the cart. I have tried to order episode 1, but I get a price of 17.24. Someone else posted earlier and got it for 14.86. Can someone please clarify?
Old 09-06-01, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You dont add it to the store cart. when the orderbox thing pops up you click the add it to cart on the pop up which give you it for the cheaper price

Hope that helps
Old 09-06-01, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You dont add it to the store cart. when the orderbox
thing pops up you click the add it to cart on the pop up which give you it for the cheaper price
I did that. That's why I am unclear on how some people are getting lower prices.
Old 09-06-01, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 457 Likes on 315 Posts
Originally posted by jiggawhat
One thing I don't understand is this bidding process. I added it to the cart and I don't understand how you can get your price lower than what the price is in the cart. I have tried to order episode 1, but I get a price of 17.24. Someone else posted earlier and got it for 14.86. Can someone please clarify?
For DVDs, Books, Videos, and CDs, you don't bid during this promotional period (you only bid on electronics). It's a flat extra 25% discount off the price displayed on the merchant's web site (until Dec. 31. After that, we'll probably have to bid for these items too).

For Star Wars, you went to Amazon, where the price advertised is $22.99. Using the OrderBox card, you can buy it for $17.24. BUT if you go to 800.com, they are selling Star Wars for $19.94, and you'll be able to add it through your OrderBox cart for $14.96 (25% off).

So your strategy for buying should be to find it for the lowest price you can, no matter which store it's at. The best stores (supported by OrderBox) to search for the lowest DVD prices are:

www.800.com
www.alldirect.com
www.amazon.com
www.buy.com
www.cdnow.com
www.twec.com
Old 09-07-01, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
Old 09-09-01, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Is there a price limit for the 25% discount? I tried getting a few box sets that are over $100 and only got a 10% discount.

Also can a bid get regetted? I was curious because I ordered Sopranos Season 2 and was immediately approved, but still waiting on two other items to get approved.

Thanks for any info.
Old 09-09-01, 01:54 PM

Is everyone else being charged for sales tax?
Old 09-09-01, 04:04 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by larryw
Is everyone else being charged for sales tax?

Yes, the Illinois and California residents are. Anyone else?
Old 09-09-01, 07:22 PM

could someone help me out

the only deal with this website that i can ascertain is the 25% discount with a maximum value of 100 dollars. this can't be the only discount this website is offering, and if it isn't, then where are the other deals? and why do my bids keep disappearing after i sign in?! the only one that stays on my bid list is the sopranos season 2.
Old 09-10-01, 11:22 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by davidave
could someone help me out

the only deal with this website that i can ascertain is the 25% discount with a maximum value of 100 dollars. this can't be the only discount this website is offering, and if it isn't, then where are the other deals? and why do my bids keep disappearing after i sign in?! the only one that stays on my bid list is the sopranos season 2.

There is no $100 maximum right now and also shipping in the US is negligible. I don't think there's any other deals right now.

Your bids should be under 'my bids' or under 'my account/invoices' if they've been accepted.
Old 09-10-01, 12:19 PM
Cool New Member

hey:

is anyone else having prolems running Orederbox on Win 95?? A rep told me that they did not support Win 95. Is there anyway around this??

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

CK
Old 09-10-01, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i couldn't get it to work on my win 95 comp using IE. the card thing showed up but was pretty much unresponsive, i switched to a win 98 comp and used netscape and it worked fine.
Old 09-10-01, 07:48 PM

Has anyone used this to buy electronics? I'm looking for a deal on a gameboy advance, but it doesn't sound like I'll be able to get a great deal through orderbox since I'll have to bid and wait for them to decide whether they want to give me the price. At first this sounded great (before I knew about bidding for electronics) since Amazon has the GBA for $99.99... $75 would be pretty much the best price I've seen, but it sounds like there's no chance of my getting that. Thanks
Old 09-10-01, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by blakwngbrd
Has anyone used this to buy electronics? I'm looking for a deal on a gameboy advance, but it doesn't sound like I'll be able to get a great deal through orderbox since I'll have to bid and wait for them to decide whether they want to give me the price. At first this sounded great (before I knew about bidding for electronics) since Amazon has the GBA for $99.99... $75 would be pretty much the best price I've seen, but it sounds like there's no chance of my getting that. Thanks
I haven't heard of anyone's electronics bids being accepted yet, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try. I tried a few that were ridiculously low, just in case they'd slip through. They were denied.
Old 09-11-01, 01:46 AM

is it just me, or is shipping now 89 cents an item?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.