Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Old 08-27-01, 01:35 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Tracking

Originally posted by steak
I have been able to get a DVD box set ordered. My question now is, has anyone had the tracking numbers for shipping come up on their account pages after an order is approved?

Thanks,
Steak

Yes. Under 'my account', click on 'view invoices.'
If an item shows up as 'shipped' you can click on the invoice number and it shows the tracking number towards the bottom.

Unfortunately, you have to cut and paste this elsewhere to get the tracking details. They should use some kind of hyper link on that tracking number to do it for you - I think Amazon does this...

Old 08-27-01, 01:46 PM
steak

Re: Re: Tracking

Originally posted by MrN

Yes. Under 'my account', click on 'view invoices.'
If an item shows up as 'shipped' you can click on the invoice number and it shows the tracking number towards the bottom.

Unfortunately, you have to cut and paste this elsewhere to get the tracking details. They should use some kind of hyper link on that tracking number to do it for you - I think Amazon does this...

Thanks for the info. I guess they forgot to put the tracking number in even though it says it shipped. No biggie, as long as I get it within the next 2 weeks.

Old 08-27-01, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEWARE!!!

I placed an order before I posted here, which was over 2 weeks ago. I was billed immediately, and now 2 weeks later they cancelled my order. I have seen no credit on my CC, and they refuse to ship me the product. They also refuse to extend my free trial 15 days, to make up for the time they wasted with my order that they won't fulfill.

I'm glad to see some people are receiving their stuff, but be very careful with this site. Their combination of deceptive advertising and failure to correct their mistake make this a lot less attractive of a store.

Also, their phone numbers on their site no longer work. I've been trying to get ahold of them to get me credit, but have to use their crappy chat program or e-mail.
Old 08-27-01, 03:40 PM

Ok. Ignore the above post. We were able to compramise on the situation. Hopefully my next order will show up without a hitch.
Old 08-27-01, 04:13 PM
steak

Tracking number Part 2

Well, I did find my tracking number posted on the site, but according to the USPS tracking system, my order was accepted on Saturday in Reno, NV. I live in Springfield, VA. I sent a request for info to orderbox. I just hope the USPS site is wrong.

Will keep all of you updated.

C ya!

Old 08-27-01, 04:18 PM
steak

Re: Tracking number Part 2

Well, I did find my tracking number posted on the site, but according to the USPS tracking system, my order was accepted on Saturday in Reno, NV. I live in Springfield, VA. I sent a request for info to orderbox. I just hope the USPS site is wrong.

Will keep all of you updated.

C ya!
UPDATE!!!!

Apparently, the Reno, NV location is the Post Office (USPS site not clear at all about that). Orderbox says shipment is on its way. Geez, I feel so paranoid........What was that noise?!?! :-)

Old 08-27-01, 04:22 PM
MrN

Re: Re: Tracking number Part 2

UPDATE!!!!

Apparently, the Reno, NV location is the Post Office (USPS site not clear at all about that). Orderbox says shipment is on its way. Geez, I feel so paranoid........What was that noise?!?! :-)

I think there is a lag on the tracking number info, to account for the time between the package leaving the warehouse and the post office accepting it and giving it a tracking number.

Also, I recall Orderbox stating that packages can leave from a variety of locations, depending on which wholesaler accepts your order I suppose.
Old 08-28-01, 07:16 PM
steak

Bids

So I had a bid in for Alien Legacy that sat in there for about 4 days. Now it is no longer listed in the BIDS section and is not listed in the INVOICES or OFFERS section. What does this mean? Anyone else have this happen to them?

Thanks,
Steak

P.S. Got my package from them today. Die Hard Ultimate edition for $41! WooHoo!!!!

Old 08-29-01, 11:54 AM
MrN

Re: Bids

So I had a bid in for Alien Legacy that sat in there for about 4 days. Now it is no longer listed in the BIDS section and is not listed in the INVOICES or OFFERS section. What does this mean? Anyone else have this happen to them?

Thanks,
Steak

Just happened to me too.
I ordered 'Good Morning' on Sunday and yesterday it disappeared on me. This morning I sent a message to 'Live Help' and this was their response:

Our Response: Yes, if an offer does not appear in the My Bids section and an invoice is not generated, it means that our vendors were not able to match your offer. (The issue with Good Morning was that they did not yet have a listing for this item in DVD format. I would suggesting placing an offer for this item again at a later date)

Good Morning has actually been out for more than a year, so looks like some kinda data error.
I wonder if this is the case with the Alien boxset also? Or maybe your offer was too low?

I'm gonna resubmit an offer for GM, see what happens...
Old 08-29-01, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If they dont accept a bid the first time, do it again. I did that with a few things including Stargate Season 1(for $47 which was well spent money) and the 2nd time it was accepted for all

capt
Old 08-30-01, 01:52 PM

Re: Re: Bids

Originally posted by MrN

Just happened to me too.
I ordered 'Good Morning' on Sunday and yesterday it disappeared on me. This morning I sent a message to 'Live Help' and this was their response:

Our Response: Yes, if an offer does not appear in the My Bids section and an invoice is not generated, it means that our vendors were not able to match your offer. (The issue with Good Morning was that they did not yet have a listing for this item in DVD format. I would suggesting placing an offer for this item again at a later date)

Good Morning has actually been out for more than a year, so looks like some kinda data error.
I wonder if this is the case with the Alien boxset also? Or maybe your offer was too low?

I'm gonna resubmit an offer for GM, see what happens...
Happend to me too and their cs just told me that this is becuase their suppliers did not have the item i ordered in stock at the time. They now fixed it so these items no longer dissaper, but instead stay on the My Bids page for a while.
Old 08-31-01, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got an email from orderbox CS, saying that the 25% off offer is extended until the end of the year. She said that even if you run out off your $100 credit, you will still get 25% off. My first order has not shipped yet. But the price was accepted and $11.19 is a great price for Memento.
Old 09-01-01, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So far i have recieved 3 dvd's and 1 Stargate SG-1 box set through them. Im very happy with there service. THey have the best customer service of any store, not to mention prices. They get back to you ASAP

capt
Old 09-02-01, 09:02 AM

I have received about 7/20 dvd's I ordered so far. You can't really beat the price with 25% off and 1 cent shipping. Some of the dvd's were on backorder, but it seems they get them back in stock pretty quickly.
Old 09-02-01, 10:17 AM

How do Pre-Orders work with these guys? I just pre-ordered 3 flicks with different ship dates. All of my offers were accepted. What can I expect and when can I expect them.

I got Simpsons Season 1 for $20, Phantom Menace for $14.86, and Faulty Towers for $29.98 after shipping.
Old 09-02-01, 11:22 AM

Originally posted by hawksong
How do Pre-Orders work with these guys? I just pre-ordered 3 flicks with different ship dates. All of my offers were accepted. What can I expect and when can I expect them.

I got Simpsons Season 1 for $20, Phantom Menace for $14.86, and Faulty Towers for $29.98 after shipping.
Where did you find Simpsons that cheap? I had it ordered from Amazon, but I may have to cancel it for $10 savings.
Old 09-02-01, 12:00 PM

My order had several titles from different dates. They shipped them all when they are available, instead of waiting.
Old 09-02-01, 01:02 PM

Originally posted by edlin303

Where did you find Simpsons that cheap? I had it ordered from Amazon, but I may have to cancel it for $10 savings.
I got it through buy.com via orderbox. It came to $20.11 after shipping.
Old 09-02-01, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by hawksong

I got it through buy.com via orderbox. It came to $20.11 after shipping.
I forgot buy.com was on the list. Any other sites that tend to have good deals? I've been watching amazon, cdnow, and alldirect. Alldirect has had most of the best prices for me, when they had the items I was looking for.
Old 09-02-01, 04:44 PM

Will it ship to Canada?

Hello, I got some questions:

I tried emailing them serveral times but I have not got a reply yet. And I cannot use the toll-free number that they claimed that is available to Canadian ...

1) Will they ship to Canada at all?
2) IF yes, how much will the shipping charges be? Still 1 penny?
3) Do the products come from the orderbox or the actual company? (it will make a difference in custom charages)
4) Will they take Canadian US dollars credit card?

Thanks for answering my questions!
Old 09-02-01, 04:57 PM

Not sure about the other questions, but the orders I have received come from

Orderbox
7000 N. Austin Ave.
Niles, IL 60714
Old 09-02-01, 05:17 PM
Banned

How do you cancel an account after the 30 days trial?
Old 09-02-01, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bradm20
Not sure about the other questions, but the orders I have received come from

Orderbox
7000 N. Austin Ave.
Niles, IL 60714
Where are you located? How long did it take for you to get them?
Old 09-02-01, 07:10 PM

I'm in Arizona. For Chasing Amy and Rush Hour, those shipped almost immediately and I received the order about 3 days after it said shipped via First Class Mail. The other ones initially went to backorder, then in process, then shipped. It takes about 3 days from the shipped stage until I receive then.
Old 09-02-01, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I would also like to learn how to cancel with them.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.