Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Old 08-21-01, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mvc,

How many days did it take for your offers to get accepted and the shipped?

Thanks

-Brett
Old 08-21-01, 04:40 PM
mvc

Brett: I just signed up today. Out of my initial 5 offers, 4 were accepted in about an hour. I made an additional 3 offers about an hour ago, and they're still processing......

As far as I can tell, shipping times should be identical to whatever store you choose the item at........ Not sure though
Old 08-21-01, 05:56 PM

My whole order of 7 was accepted. I got email saying 5 aren't available right now (because they are preorders) but I can expect them in 4-6 weeks.
Old 08-22-01, 05:21 AM

CDNOW?

HAS ANYONE SUCCESSFULY PLACED AN ORDER WITH CDNOW??

HOW LONG DID THEY TAKE TO RESPOND?

-JESSE
Old 08-22-01, 09:29 AM

Re: Make an offer?

Originally posted by steak
I assume that the "make an offer" price is BEFORE the 25% off? Can someone verify this please?

Thanks,
Steak

The "make an offer" price includes the 25% off. I tried to get that across in my first post, but maybe I didn't succeed. I read through all of the faq about the $100 promotion, and it's a little bit of a trick. Without the $100 "bonus", you would be paying full price on all the DVDs I checked, but you would still get cheap shipping.
Old 08-22-01, 09:34 AM
steak

Re: Re: Make an offer?

Originally posted by edlin303

The "make an offer" price includes the 25% off. I tried to get that across in my first post, but maybe I didn't succeed. I read through all of the faq about the $100 promotion, and it's a little bit of a trick. Without the $100 "bonus", you would be paying full price on all the DVDs I checked, but you would still get cheap shipping.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess on items from buy.com like TV's and such it is a "group buy" situation instead of a "make an offer" situation. Because the wording is different on those items.

Thanks for posting this info.

Old 08-22-01, 02:21 PM
mvc

Weird. I bid on a few other DVD's yesterday and when I checked this morning, they were still on My Bids. So I removed them and added them again (at exactly the same prices) .... and the bids were accepted in less than an hour. Very odd.....

Another good deal that I got was Thirteen Days: $12.62

Another cool thing about this place is that my actual prices were a few cents lower than what I bid for. Anyone else notice that?

However they did fix the $100 credit bug. It now subtracts from the total.
Old 08-22-01, 03:29 PM

Cool!

I just checked "my bids" and I was able to get the Planet of the Apes box set for $48.71 shipped. I almost bought this from Best Buy yesterday for $69.99 + tax...
Old 08-23-01, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well my Stargate SG-1 First season shipped yesterday. Ill keep everyone posted. Someone mentioned they fixed the $100 credit bug. WHat do you mean by that? I know that they decided they would just automatically take 25% off no matter what until Dec 31 2001 since it has gone so well.

capt
Old 08-23-01, 03:01 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put in an order Tuesday for 7 items. They were all accepted with 1 backordered. The invoices, after two days say 'In process.' I contacted CS and they're supposed to ship within 24-48 hours of the acceptance. Guess I'll wait one more day to see what the deal is.

Will update tomorrow...
Old 08-24-01, 08:52 AM

Originally posted by MrN
I put in an order Tuesday for 7 items. They were all accepted with 1 backordered. The invoices, after two days say 'In process.' I contacted CS and they're supposed to ship within 24-48 hours of the acceptance. Guess I'll wait one more day to see what the deal is.

Will update tomorrow...

Mine took several days in "in process" stage. I think they stay in that phase until orderbox gets them.(remember, orderbox doesn't have any stock on hand, and they can't have the vendors ship direct to us.)
Old 08-24-01, 02:29 PM

Well, I received the first two items of several. Chasing Amy and Rush Hour for about $26 shipped from 800.com

How exactly does orderbox.com make a profit. You pay less, and the shipping is $0.01, what happens when the inital $100 is gone? What are the discounts like then?
Old 08-24-01, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My Stargate SG-1 season 1 set has arrived from orderbox and it was a great deal. Im happy with them and will use them at least until the end of the year for the extra 25% off. and even then ill order stuff from them since they have quick service

capt
Old 08-24-01, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How do you actually place a bid? Whenever I see something I want on Amazon, the little orderbox shows a 'member price' which is less than Amazon's, but it doesn't allow me to physically put in my own bid on the item. Is the 'bid' just the same as the 'member price'?
Old 08-24-01, 08:53 PM

Originally posted by huzefa
How do you actually place a bid? Whenever I see something I want on Amazon, the little orderbox shows a 'member price' which is less than Amazon's, but it doesn't allow me to physically put in my own bid on the item. Is the 'bid' just the same as the 'member price'?
The "bidding" is more for electronics. With those, you aren't guaranteed any particular discount. With DVDs, books, CDs they automatically put the 25% off price, and I haven't had one rejected yet.

As for how they make money, I suspect that they actually are just another store, that has a neat front-end that you can "shop" at other stores, but really, they just go to a distributor to buy the stuff. That would explain why they can do a flat amount for DVDs and stuff, since they are probably almost always marked up over 25%, but with electronics, they cover their a$$ by having you "bid". If the bid is less than their distributor's price, they reject it. If they make a healthy margin on it still, they accept it.

Just my guess.
Old 08-24-01, 10:54 PM
MrN

Originally posted by edlin303

Mine took several days in "in process" stage. I think they stay in that phase until orderbox gets them.(remember, orderbox doesn't have any stock on hand, and they can't have the vendors ship direct to us.)

My order shipped today, so looks like all is well....I'm just anxious I guess since this is a new e-tailer that hardly anyone knows.

Also, re: the bidding. I ordered a couple of DVDs, using the prices on Alldirect.com and I had to bid. I guess because Alldirect's pricing structure is lower than Amazon's or buy.com's.
Old 08-24-01, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by MrN

My order shipped today, so looks like all is well....I'm just anxious I guess since this is a new e-tailer that hardly anyone knows.

Also, re: the bidding. I ordered a couple of DVDs, using the prices on Alldirect.com and I had to bid. I guess because Alldirect's pricing structure is lower than Amazon's or buy.com's.

I'll have to check them out. Never shopped there, but will do almost anything to save a buck or two.
Old 08-25-01, 12:35 AM
mvc

O_o, my first shipment came today. I didn't expect it so soon. Came in like....4 days. Not complaining or anything, just weird Cool deal man. If they keep the 25% off thing, I might just remain a member past the trial........ but I'll see. Can't wait for the rest of my DVD's.
Old 08-25-01, 02:40 PM

Got my Planet of the Apes box set today (two days after it shipped), and I am extremely satisfied. Time to get rid of some items on my wish list...
Old 08-25-01, 02:57 PM
MrN

Originally posted by MrN

Got my order today. Gotta love priority mail, esp. 'cause I payed $0.07 for it. So, very good first experience with orderbox. Just put in my second order.....
Old 08-25-01, 03:42 PM
steak

How can you use yahoo.com shopping with orderbox.com? Everytime I try, the orderbox floating window disappears when you try and go to one of the sites.

Thanks,
Steak

Old 08-26-01, 06:21 AM

This site kicks ASS!

I signed up last Tuesday and ordered the following:

The making of the Big lebowski $10.13 (book)
Mallrats 17.48
The Craft SE 11.15
Kindred the embraced (2 discs) 11.92
Highlander Endgame (2 discs) 14.15
Dogma SE (2 discs) 16.74
The Matrix Collectors Box 38.36

Th book arrived at my house within 48 hours!

All of the DVDs arrived in a box on Friday (72 hours from placing the order!)

Just check for the cheapest prices on DVDPricesearch.com and go from there!! I definitely reccommend this site (at least until the end of the year).
Old 08-26-01, 09:13 AM

This $ucks. I STILL haven't gotten my one DVD I ordered from them. What gives? I ordered 2 weeks ago now. Time to call I guess.
Old 08-26-01, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got some more stuff from them yesterday which was preorders. I am definately happy with there service and they will get more of my business

capt
Old 08-27-01, 01:29 PM
steak

Tracking

I have been able to get a DVD box set ordered. My question now is, has anyone had the tracking numbers for shipping come up on their account pages after an order is approved?

Thanks,
Steak

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.