Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Old 10-23-01, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too am getting vexed.

I ordered the WIDESCREEN version of Cats & Dogs and I check on my order today and saw that I was approved for The Truth About Cats & Dogs!

I called customer service and explained how I did indeed select the widescreen version of C & D. I stated that the problem lies within the small description that they use to describe multiple DVD options (which are quite spare) and that the title of C&D was embedded in another, older film title.

I'm down to 5 orders waiting to go through the acceptance phase (after weeks of re-enabling the bids) and I'm not sure I'll continue with this firm.

I come from the computer sector and know what they're going through data migration-wise but it is becoming too much to put up with.

I am also waiting on the WIDESCREEN version of the Mummy Return and mentoned that fact as well.

Nothing other than a correction of my problem was promised. I even told the CSR that DVDTalkers were flying away from their company in droves.

I'll be watching carefully these next few week to see if any changes (for the better) occur.
Old 10-24-01, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burn in hell, O-Box!

Sweet mother of god - what the hell are they doing over there?!? I'm getting more packages delivered **AFTER** I leave their 'service' that I ever did during my free trial. I've got another box from the "O" waiting from me after lunch.

What the hell - did they not delete my account after I pulled the plug? I better not get charged the 6 bucks for a year and the 2 bucks for the month, or I shall get MAD insane on these bozos.
Old 10-24-01, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: burn in hell, O-Box!

Originally posted by Darth Kabong
I'm getting more packages delivered **AFTER** I leave their 'service' that I ever did during my free trial.
Maybe you've stumbled onto something there because I sure can't get them to send me anything!! MR and MMDC are still MIA and FF is still "in process" (read my other posts for info on the acronyms used here).

I thought I had finally figured out a way to pull the plug early by combining 15% CDNow discount and the GC.com 10 off 50 but alas, they will only ship preorders in one shipment. JP3 (out 12/11) really messes that idea up. *sigh* Oh well, maybe I'll eventually be able to watch some of these hot disks...
Old 10-25-01, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I may have spoken too soon about my orders being shipped. They went into "shipped" status on 10/16. As of 10/25's deliveries, I have received two of the five DVD's. I am located on Kansas City, MO and the titles received so far are from the Nile, IL warehouse. Both internal BOL's were dated 10/19. So they didn't go out when the computer status changed...my hope is the others will arrive shortly. They are by far and away the worse internet retailer, short of being an all out scam, that I have every encountered in the fours years of ordering on the net. I have since canceled my other orders and my account all together.

Ron
Old 10-25-01, 12:39 PM

To the last one who leaves: be sure to turn the lights off on the way out...
Old 10-25-01, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Sighhhhhhhh

All of a sudden.... some of my items..... have ......... shipped!

But not the Mummy Returns

Booh!
Old 10-25-01, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by speedy1961
Sighhhhhhhh
All of a sudden.... some of my items..... have ......... shipped!
But not the Mummy Returns
Booh!
Hate to break it too ya man but you are in for quite a wait. OB told me mine shipped 10 days ago and mailbox is still empty. As was quoted on the previous page, the shipping status and comments from CSRs mean nothing. They will lie, lie, lie...and they are no longer as nice when they are doing it either.

I'm finally dumping and running. Yes I have got many pre-orders lined up the next couple of months at the old 25% off but it just isn't worth the pain...
Old 10-26-01, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't feel bad about Mummy Returns arriving. Mine arrived today. The shipping receipt said 10/24=8 days after my shipping status changed to "shipped.". And, you know what else....they sent The FULLLSCREEN version. Mmmmmm, no that's not what I ordered. So even when you do finaly get yours, it will be the wrong version.

I called on the last three titles. Cynthia will have to check with their distibutor, as to when they were shipped. (they should play Thompson Twins' "Lies" as their on hold music).

Run, do not walk away from this disgrace of a retailer. It will be a "musical chairs" ending. The music will stop and someone will be out some money and no DVD's.
Old 10-26-01, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep, MR arrived today...FULLSCREEN!!!!!!! And to no surprise of mine, it did not ship on 10/16 as OB told me several times but rather EIGHT days later on 10/24.

So now let's review the history of this order:

Mid-Sep Moocher pre-orders WIDESCREEN MR
Late-Sep Moocher receives Mummy UE
Late-Sep Moocher returns MUE and re-orders WIDESCREEN MR
Wait
Wait
10/2 MR released to the public and thousands of copies are all over the B&Ms.
Wait
Early-Oct MR bid finally is noticed by OB and some action occurs Wait
Wait
Wait
Oct 11 Moocher told by CSR MR will ship that day
Wait
Oct 16 MR finally says "shipped" on OB site
Wait
Oct 19 Moocher notices that Blockbuster is selling MR used for 12.99 (unfortunately FS)
Oct 24 Unbeknownst to Moocher, MR actually ships
Oct 26 MR arrives FULLSCREEN!!

Of course there were numorous calls to CS about these and other OB screw ups inbetween the events noted above.

Was this an isolated case?? For your answer, read some of my previous posts. OB screws up in almost every way possible. There is no part of the process from taking the order to shipping it that OB gets right.

OB deserves none of your hard earned cash at ANY price. I repeat what was stated earlier. "Last one out, turn off the lights!"

Last edited by moocher; 10-26-01 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-26-01, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah. I got my Mummy Returns today as well. It was fullscreen although I called previously and specified Widescreen.

I can exchange locally for the version I want however. It's that doing so is such a pain!
Old 10-30-01, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wouldn't you know it.....the last three titles (shipped individually) ALL were lost in the mail. SOOOOOOO, they are refunding the charges. They should be called Orderf**ked.
Old 10-30-01, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received my second to last shipment today. It was the CORRECT item this time!!

Just one more shipment to go and I am home free (of course it is still "processing" ). Then they can take my "upgraded" 0rderbox card and shove it...
Old 10-31-01, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whomever warned people to check their cc statement was correct. Mine is a complete mess. I estimate about $42 in over charges. Most likely charges that were made upon ordering (not shipping) and the item was canceled by them or myself, without crediting my card. I realize now after receiving my statement, they charge your card for the title BEFORE it's shipped....think about the weeks the title was being processed and they were sitting on our money. My fear is they are using this money to pay their debts to survive for another day...almost a DVD pyramid scheme. I know this is very Oliver Stone of me, but man this is a bad company to deal with...

Ron
Old 10-31-01, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, now OB doesn't answer e-mails and the phone just rings and rings with no pick-up....Hmmmm....

If this is musical chairs then the music may have stopped and I have no chair in which to sit. They still owe me $50 in refunds....
Old 10-31-01, 06:28 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They haven't been replying to my 'Live Help' questions either. I'd better take an extra careful look at my CC statement in case this is the end here.
Old 10-31-01, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I left an voicemail yesterday and still no call back. The last company I dealt with that could not be contacted by phone was the horrific Playcentric.

I'll be watching my CC bills.
Old 11-01-01, 12:17 PM

Even worse - I've got like 500 things from the "O" on my credit card. What the hell is up with that? Why cant they be like every other company I have ever bought multiple items in one order from and submit charges in one block.

The paperwork costs alone must be killing them. Keeping the CC charges straight is ludricous.
Old 11-01-01, 02:40 PM
MrN

Originally posted by MrN
They haven't been replying to my 'Live Help' questions either. I'd better take an extra careful look at my CC statement in case this is the end here.

Looks like they're catching up today on the customer service - I guess they were out on a 3 day lunch before?
Old 11-01-01, 03:44 PM

It is kind of scary looking at my credit card (CC) statement from ALL the zillion 0rderBox entries. I have to reconcile each one with the specific items ordered and the charges with those items that haven't yet shipped. Argh. Hopefully, I will be able to get off the musical chairs before the music finishes playing. So far, 0rderBox has made two errors (in their favour) where I was charged a higher price. No response to my email or to the "Live Help" multiple messages (the "Live Help" does work even after you cancel your membership - I proved it to myself earlier).

Followup:

Another of the 0rderBox DVDs straggling in had come loose in its Amaray case (those cases are the most prone to detached discs during shipping) and was all scratched up (many places). Instead of returning it for a hassle on my part, I decided to keep it and repair it. Just didn't want to add even more strangeness to my CC statements.

Last edited by Startide; 11-01-01 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-01-01, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MrN
Looks like they're catching up today on the customer service - I guess they were out on a 3 day lunch before?
Yes, I got a response from good 'ol overworked Cynthia today so they're still around....for now. I am getting very nervous though and am definitely wanting to speed up these refunds so I can bail. I have already canceled all of my pre-orders. I was going to let the remaining order ship but I think it better to just cancel that too (since it is still "in process") and get out before the "music stops"...
Old 11-02-01, 07:47 PM

There are times though when I wish there really was an effective "shipment consolidator" out there like 0rderBox. I can see how consolidating shipments for people who order often is a good thing. Your books, items, and movies get packed into one or two boxes and shipped to you (rather than having 4 or 5 separate boxes).

But 0rderBox can't even seem to organize multiple shipments that originate from their OWN shipping location on the same day. Case in point, four score and twenty minutes ago, I received three more DVD on the same day. These were shipped First Class at a cost of $1.72 each (postage) plus the cost of the box/label/packer for each. The DVD were invoiced on the same day; the DVD were shipped on the same day; the DVD arrived on the same day. If this keeps up, 0rderBox will perish from the earth.
Old 11-02-01, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

And they are not responding to my e-mails.....

Massive frustration is building.

Time to contact the parent company....
Old 11-02-01, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Startide
But 0rderBox can't even seem to organize multiple shipments that originate from their OWN shipping location on the same day. Case in point, four score and twenty minutes ago, I received three more DVD on the same day. These were shipped First Class at a cost of $1.72 each (postage) plus the cost of the box/label/packer for each. The DVD were invoiced on the same day; the DVD were shipped on the same day; the DVD arrived on the same day. If this keeps up, 0rderBox will perish from the earth.
Which is one of the many reasons why this place is doomed. Someone earlier in this thread listed many ways OB is just pissing away money and I believe one of the things he mentioned was the multiple shipments at 1st class rates.

What seems odd to me is almost every time I call CS, Cynthia answers. She is also the one who responds to all my e-mails. Do they only employ ONE CSR?!! Once in a while I have gotten a "David" but he seems to know much more about the technical side of things which makes me think he is not a CSR but merely filling in for Cynthia when she goes to the bathroom or something. Maybe the programmer...maybe Cynthia's husband????

This smells of a garage operation that went afoul...
Old 11-03-01, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At least you're getting someone to respond.
Old 11-03-01, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by speedy1961
At least you're getting someone to respond.
At least prior to this past week that was true. This week I did get one e-mail response from Cynthia but could not get anyone on the phone.

Also, getting them to answer the phone and getting someone to take action are 2 different things. I have usually had success with the former but usually no success with the latter. I am hoping that by this time next week my ties will be cut. However, I am not cutting them until I see proof that refunds have been credited to my card.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.