Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Orderbox - 14% off at Amazon and $.88 S/H per title (formerly....25% and $.01)

Old 10-17-01, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new " Wholesale" pricing is in effect and it's pretty funny. Wholesale my ass....lol .... it's adios after my preorder's ship
Old 10-17-01, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by RonBoster
Finally on Monday, Cynthia said there was a glitch on my order and it would ship on tuesday....
This is yet another thing that urks me about OB. Don't assume that IP means it will ship anytime soon. My SWTPM went to IP last Thurs. It took 2 phone calls to finally get them to ship it. (It finally shipped today.) Same for Mummy Returns. Marilyn Monroe DC sat in IP for a week before shipping (as stated previously it arrived VHS !!)

Actually I am very thankful for this board. Being able to vent about this place here has helped me cope with their lousy, lousy operation until my free period ends !!

Thanks for the heads up cubanx. I am canceling anyway but will check the new and "improved" pricing for kicks.
Old 10-17-01, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

LOL

Yeah, I just checked out the new prices. What a joke!! You pay a monthly and annual fee for the same or perhaps HIGHER (see next paragraph) price than you can get online with no coupon! (In all fairness, some prices I checked were slightly lower.)

Listen to this! Apparently the prices are set at what OB wants to sell them for. If you pull up the price on a site and it is higher than the OB price, the software shows you the OB price. If the price on a different site is LOWER than the OB set price (for the SAME item) then it says the item is "not available".

I did this for 2 of the items from my "processing" bids. I don't know if this is true for everything but it was for those 2 items. Specifically I checked the same 2 items at Amazon and DDD. The OB price showed up for Amazon but it said "not available" for DDD which was priced significantly lower.

I predict these guys are GONE by Christmas!!
Old 10-17-01, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also annoying AND significant are that various websites are using VARIABLE PRICING models. If you go to the website from an 0rderBox link, you will get one discount price (one of the highest prices listed from which 0rderBox then subtracts the 10% discount). If I go to that same product at the same website (within several minutes of the prior 0B price example), I get yetanother price (always better priced than than the 0B price). If I go to that same product from yet another website (yes, websites can and do make decisions to show content to you based upon what was displayed in your browser previously), I get another price. I was able to repeat the examples after clearing everying, so I don't think it was a fluke.

Anyways, people do remember that various places, including Amazon, were going to implement variable pricing, right? Well, I see it working, and it puts 0rderBox prices at a disadvantage if you click to the website after displaying 0rderBox. A good neutral site to click from is dvdTalk's price comparison tool. Well, at least the websites don't set prices based upon my processor serial number (i.e. linked to a user/household name whose income level is known).

So, for those still using 0rderBox, be aware of the variable pricing models out there.... Another good reason to have privacy of your machine. *sigh* Not that the current laws or upcoming USA laws for 2002 will let us be.
Old 10-17-01, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Moocher I thought some people might find those "wholesale" prices funny
Old 10-17-01, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
No matter what I've tried to add to my cart today - whether it is listed as Ready to ship or Ships in 3-5 days, I keep being told "This is an invalid product".

I think I have 4 days left in my free month & I've only had 1 DVD ship.
Old 10-17-01, 11:11 PM

Thanx, Moocher, for the feedback about the pricing.

It seems that when you cancel the membership, just the email address is deleted from the database? I had thought the account would be "locked", but it doesn't seem to be locked down.

For example, if you haven't uninstalled the "robot" from your startup, right click on the icon in your systray. Select 0rderBox the "0rderBox Live" option and it will bring up a LiveHelp window. Now, click on the "From other 0rderBox members" option and you will be taken to the bulletin board where people post their questions and presumably receive answers via return mail.

Looking at the dates and number of questions posted, it looks like there are a lot fewer members now. Hmmm, it is tempting to try.

On the login, if you click on the "forgot password" option, you can still send your password to your email, even though your account is supposedly cancelled.

It seems that being a "cancelled" member and an active one is a thin line. I hope that the thin line is strong enough to keep them from being confused and charging me a membership fee. I will keep an eye out. No real worries.

Last edited by Startide; 10-19-01 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-19-01, 01:13 AM

It looks like the company deleted all the previous questions on their members bulletin board.

If you wish to read AND respond to posts, you might look at:

http://www.QQQQQQQ.com/cart/pfs.asp?whocall=pchatrespond

** Replace the QQQQQQ with the name of the company and you will be able to read/reply to the members' posted questions.

Last edited by Startide; 10-19-01 at 01:16 AM.
Old 10-19-01, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
I guess it means that all the previous questions have already been sufficiently "answered"
Old 10-19-01, 02:24 AM

>>> I guess it means that all the previous questions have already been sufficiently "answered"

HA! HA! *wry grin*
Old 10-19-01, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For those somehow thinking this software upgrade would fix all the problems this company has...think again. All I can see the new software does is push items to the "invoiced" page faster. Then they sit there listed as "in process" for days and days. WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE??? They still don't ever get around to actually doing anything with the offer.

From CS, the status of a typical preorder goes as follows:

In Process - the order is awaiting "classification" by the vendor
Backorder/Preorder - The item has been classified and is not available
In Process (again)- The item becomes available for processing/shipping
Shipped - The item has shipped

BTW, I suggested they use different wording for the two status indicators that are worded the same (in process) but mean entirely different things .

Just as an experiment, I placed an order immediately upon finding out about the upgrade. Yes, it went to "invoiced" quickly but there it still sits "in process". I'm going to see just how long it takes them to "classify" the item. I'll be willing to bet it will be over a week...
Old 10-21-01, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here is more confirmation that the new software has not solved even the problems it was supposed to solve. So far I have had 3 items that the software misidentified and cause OB to ship me the wrong DVD (or VHS tape!!) pre-software upgrade.

Well, it has happened again. Yesterday I had another DVD cross referenced to the wrong item. I will have to call on Monday to get it straightened out. At least now I am on the lookout for this problem since it happened to me before and caught it before the item shipped.

PS - I know what you are probably asking yourself. Why does this idiot moocher keep ordering from them?? Believe me, I ask myself the same question. Am I so cheap that I will not pay a couple of bucks extra to avoid these problems?? Sadly, I guess I am .

The bad thing is OB gave me an extra free month due to all of my problems
Old 10-22-01, 09:00 AM

Look, don't everybody jump on me, but I came in late... What does ******** actually stand for? I looked through all seven pages and saw no explanation of it.
Old 10-22-01, 09:10 AM

Shhhh!

First word, thread title

(shhhh)
Old 10-22-01, 10:15 AM

I thought I was spelling out the name of the company in most of my posts in this thread? *shrug*
Old 10-22-01, 01:28 PM

Originally posted by junior
When I pointed out that the backlog convienently coincided with the new pricing structure, the CSR told me that the only reason for a bid to still be pending is because the item isn't popular and the ability for XXXXXXXX to buy in bulk was not yet available.
That *IS* a load of crap. I had an order for the super obscure Chinese Super Ninjas ship almost instantly. Now, unless me and a dozen other HK fans decided to load up on Shaw Brothers at the exact same time, they can (and do) order units one at a time.

Meanwhile my copy of Phantom Menace - a title SURE to move un the thousands of units at any store, just sat there. . . and sat there. . . . and sat. . . .
Old 10-22-01, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by tlegion
Look, don't everybody jump on me, but I came in late... What does ******** actually stand for? I looked through all seven pages and saw no explanation of it.
******** = 0rderbox. The mods decided some time back that they did not like us talking about OB because OB ciphens off their affiliate commission. The forum software now deletes/filters the name automatically. There is some discussion of this in the Feedback forum. For some reason, however, they left the threads unlocked.

Actually, I believe they continue to leave the thread up because OB sucks so bad, they want everybody to know so they will stay clear!! Anybody in their right mind would not order anything from them.

I obviously am not in my "right mind".
Old 10-22-01, 07:10 PM
MrN

Just got my 'Basic Instinct' that I ordered more than a month ago. And wouldn't you know it, they sent me the Rated version when I ordered the Unrated. I think the same thing happened to someone upthread.

To compound the problem, they don't do exchanges. I'd have to reorder the Unrated if I wanted it and return the one I got. But guess what? The new OBox doesn't tell you if what you're ordering is Rated or Unrated. And of course, the price is higher now...

It's really a bad sign when a company continues to make mistakes but makes no effort to fix those mistakes.

I'm just counting the days now to cancel...
Old 10-22-01, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by MrN
Just got my 'Basic Instinct' that I ordered more than a month ago. And wouldn't you know it, they sent me the Rated version when I ordered the Unrated. I think the same thing happened to someone upthread.

To compound the problem, they don't do exchanges. I'd have to reorder the Unrated if I wanted it and return the one I got. But guess what? The new OBox doesn't tell you if what you're ordering is Rated or Unrated. And of course, the price is higher now...

It's really a bad sign when a company continues to make mistakes but makes no effort to fix those mistakes.
They sent me the wrong version of Conan a couple of weeks ago - the FIRST wrong disc I've ever been sent in my thousands of dollars of mail order. When they tried to stiff me with a higher priced Conan, I told them to give it to me for the first price. Strangely enough, they complied without any problem - and even ponied up the money for sending it back.

But it's all academic - I've dropped them like a bad habit. These guys suck.
Old 10-22-01, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What da ya know, their site is down for another...uh..."upgrade" . Be back tomorrow at 4 PST (so they say). I guess I'll then find out that Final Fantasy is still "in process".

...or will they ever come back up?! We'll see...
Old 10-23-01, 11:22 AM
steak

Finally got SW:1

Finally got SW:1 one week after the release date. Anyone know if this is due to the company you place you bid through or just an OB inefficency?

Later.

Old 10-23-01, 12:00 PM

Finally got SW:1 one week after the release date. Anyone know if this is due to the company you place you bid through or just an OB inefficency?

Later.

Count yourself lucky to get it a week after release. I'm still waiting on my PREORDERS of Blood Simple & Basic Instinct (I guess I too will be getting the R-Rated version). I am only staying with them because of the many preorders/backorders I have with them that I got back when there were good prices and penny shipping:
Willow 15.09
Tomb Raider 15.66
Swordfish 13.92
Thin Red Line DTS 11.17 Still Waiting
Nosferatu 12.67 Still Waiting
Monty Python & Holy Grail 15.63
Grosse Pointe Blank/High Fidelity 2 Pack 20.86
Nightbreed 11.18 Still Waiting
Final Fantasy 15.62
Old 10-23-01, 04:07 PM

I got my Fawlty Towers today. They told me it shipped last Tuesday. I called them yesterday and they told me it shipped Thursday. Now either I'm getting two copies of this disc or someone lied to me. Either way, as soon as I opened the package to determine the correct discs were sent, I cancelled my membership. Good riddance OBox, you were cool for about 2 weeks, then the stench of your customer support and dissatisfaction set in. If you ever get your $#!t together I may consider rejoining, but until then. I'm glad I'm rid of ye.
Old 10-23-01, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yes. One week after street is lightning fast for this place. I am still waiting on Mummy Returns 3 weeks after street !! I got Cape Fear almost a month after street and that was after many calls, e-mails, begging and pleading.

I too got SWTPM today and consider myself fortunate. And yes, they will lie to you now about ship dates. I was told SWTPM shipped last Tues along with MR and my replacement Marilyn Monroe DC. As stated I still don't have MR and don't have MMDC. There is no way a First Class shipment from one time zone over takes over a week to get to me.

At the beginning at least OB was honest about what was going on. Now they think nothing about lieing concerning, processing dates, ship dates, etc.

From what I read about Playcentric. 0rderbox is just Playcentric with a monthly fee!!
Old 10-23-01, 06:35 PM

What fools these O-Boxes be!

I don't believe this - what kind of monkeys do they have over there?!? I tried ordering Return of the Pink Panther for weeks, during most of my time suffering under the free trial period. Pissed off at their other incompetent handling of orders, I pull the plug and move on. (That was at the end of September or so)

Fine - I pick up Return from DDDVD for a couple of bucks more. Hey, guess what - they get me the goods with no hassle and on time. Fantastic - chalk me up another satisfied customer.

So, I get into the office and find a package waiting for me from "O" - what the hell? Upon opening it, what do I find? TA-DAH! A copy of Return of the Pink Panther. Three weeks late, and well after I canceled my account.

Even better - the box looked like a gorilla had jumped up and down on it for about three hours. The box was thrashed, and the disc had all kinds of bends in the spine of the case. I haven't opened it to check the condition of the disc, because I don't want to get stuck with another copy.

What a bunch of ham-fisted, pea brained, Neanderthal jackass idiots they have over there. Words fail to describe my vexation with this company. The sooner they fall off the radar, the better for all of us.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.