DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Store Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum-7/)
-   -   Looking for Opinions on 800.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/129244-looking-opinions-800-com.html)

TheWrongGuy 07-27-01 03:59 PM

Looking for Opinions on 800.com

Hey everyone, I dont do much ordering off the net and when I have its pretty much always been Amazon. But right now 800.com has Strangleland and Pi both for like 9.94 and I want them both pretty bad. So im just wondering how are they? I never pay much attention to it when others talk about them so Im just looking if this is worth it. Has anyone had major problems with them or anything?

Thanks,
Brandon

jiggyblau 07-27-01 04:39 PM

In my opinion and I'm sure the opinion of many others, 800.com is the place to pick to do your video, music, and especially electronics purchases. Great service, good prices, great reputation for putting the customer first. And if they screw up, they make it up to you. They don't offer many coupons anymore, so some people don't tend to shop there as much. When they do have sales though, they are usually excellent. You should definitely order those movies (especially PI) if you want them!

Funk 07-27-01 08:52 PM

I've never had a problem with them. I haven't ordered alot of DVDs from them, but the ones that I do always come quickly. I've actually ordered more hardware than software, now that I think about it. They delivered a widescreen TV to my door four days after I placed the order... That's service!

saintsfan 07-27-01 09:43 PM

Excellent Company.

saintsfan

explosivej 07-27-01 09:52 PM

I have ordered about 5 DVDs from them and they all came very quickly.

gcribbs 07-27-01 11:30 PM

good company :)

I do not buy as many Dvd's online but I would have them on my list when I do.

greeny 07-28-01 09:24 AM

I have ordered dvds from them (around 8), and the shipping was very fast and I was very pleased with them. However, a few months ago, I ordered a digital camera from them and it sat in their warehouse waiting to be shipped for a week and a half. That was the only problem that I have had with them. Given that was just probably a rare problem, it was still a bit of a hassle. If I were you, I would certainly give them a try. And if I wasn't so short on cash at the current moment, I would be buying from them right this second.

Hoc 07-28-01 12:15 PM

Generally, I like them. Their service is good, and they ship relatively quickly. I had one problem with them once on the mismarked James Bond set. While that problem was bad -- every time they changed something, they screwed it up worse -- and took about 3 weeks, 4 phone calls and 8 or so emails to fix, they did eventually fix the problem.

The only reason I don't shop there more is that they no longer offer coupons, and even their sale prices are generally higher than I am willing to pay for the DVDs they offer on sale.

But if you find the price to be fair, you should use them.

mamorgan1 07-31-01 03:18 PM

I think 800.com is terrific! I ordered my VVega from them in December and everything went quite smoothly. I have also ordered several DVD's from them in the past. Good luck.

Adboy151 07-31-01 06:01 PM

:thumbsup: I've ordered DVDs from them in the past - ditto Hoc's comments on why I don't order many DVDs from them anymore - and I got my latest DVD player from them last Thanksgiving... no problems. Good customer service too.

dstrauss 08-01-01 09:46 AM

I recommend them. Even though I had a number of problems with a recent order, I was always able to get someone on the phone who was helpful and courteous, and I didn't have to sit on hold for an hour to do so.

Customer Service is what separates the good stores from the bad stores. Anyone can have cheap prices, it's what happens if you have a problem that matters. One of the reasons I dislike buy.com.

dvd-fisherman 08-01-01 09:53 AM

Recommended. Good company - always have had nice csr's.

indianajdp 08-01-01 11:24 AM

Nothing but positives for me in dealing with 800.com, so I would also highly recommend them.

POWERBOMB 08-01-01 03:30 PM

I've ordered from them a few times & the transactions went fine.

Gambit 08-01-01 09:58 PM

As a company, they're great. Good service, prompt delivery. But since they started charging for shipping, only average prices, and no coupons, it's hard to find any real good deals to make you want to buy DVD's from them as opposed to B&M or a cheaper online site.

TonyDVD 08-02-01 10:50 AM

My wife ordered me a new DVD Player from 800.com on 7/31 with free shipping (expires 8/15) and no sales tax. It shipped on the same day by UPS and was in my city the next day. It will be delivered this morning less than 48 hours after ordering.

That's impressive!

I haven't ordered many DVD's from them lately but have fond memories of ordering many DVD's from them during there first year of operation when they had free shipping all the time and periodic coupons. Of course, my fondest memory is when they had their 3 DVD's for $1 promotion in late 1998. This was one of the best bargains to ever come along.

Recommended.