Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

AB Sound - www.absound.ca

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Old 07-26-01, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently found a Canadian web site www.absound.ca.
Their prices were among the lowest and they ship quickly.
Mind you their web site is pretty basic but overall its the pricing one is usually after.
Anyone have any experiences with www.absound.ca
Old 07-27-01, 12:01 AM

Yes, they were hacked a couple of months ago and I haven't been back since. There name has been mentioned here several times.
Old 07-27-01, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've ordered from them several times over the past year or two and never had any problems! Their prices are great thanks to the exchange rate between Canada and the US. They ship quickly and you can easily combine orders.

And yes, their site got hacked back in May but they kept their site down for over a month and added all sorts of additional security, etc. I always make sure I use a secure account # when ordering online. My MBNA CC has the Shopsafe service that generates a specific account number for each transaction and you limit the dollar amount and time period the # should be good for. If that number is stolen, there's less than $5 free for them to use.
Old 07-27-01, 11:26 AM

I live in Canada and have used A&B and have nothing but good things to say about their products and service. Might I also suggest a company in Vancouver called C&L Internet Club. Their web address is www.cnl.com
They usually have even better prices than A&B but I am not sure about shipping rates to the US. Give them a try, I am very glad I did.

Barry
Old 07-28-01, 05:32 AM

I agree.. A&B is very big along here onthe west coast and I use both them and TAU http://www.totalactionuniverse.com as they give free shipping in Canada and the prices for the two are comparable.

Steer clear from CNL! Couple things is they charge an extra stupid $5 fee on TOP of shipping. even on split orders! If you have to return an item you will get nail the $5 fee AGAIN for the replacement being sent. Also bad business practice, they informed a friend of mine they only had a few copies of 'Giant" and apparently sold them all to him. Then once they realized the after after market value they somehow got more copies and jacked the price 500%+! Very bad business practices PERIOD.