Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

It appears Swapit.com has bit the dust...

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-01, 08:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which is unfortunate because I had like $6 in crdeit there and they were just starting to trade DVDs.
Old 07-09-01, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yea for about 2 months now...I think they were sending out g/cs to another online store for their credits....do a search on it, I'm not sure about the details
Old 07-09-01, 08:46 PM

I lost about $130 at swapit.com

I lost about $130 at swapit.com. That made me very angry. I just sent in a bunch of Dreamcast games right before they closed. If anyone has any information on the coupons they are handing out to customers, please let me know ([email protected]). I used a search engine and couldn't find anything about that.
Old 07-09-01, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Didn't they arrange to give Spun.com credit for outstanding swapit dues? I thought I read that somewhere. I've used Spun, really good service. High prices on DVD's, though.
Old 07-10-01, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, at least I'll always have my swapit.com black t-shirt that I got when they were new. "Swap Cat Stevens for Snoop Dogg - SwapIt.com" Anyone else have one of those?
Old 07-10-01, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by valkyrie
Didn't they arrange to give Spun.com credit for outstanding swapit dues? I thought I read that somewhere. I've used Spun, really good service. High prices on DVD's, though.
Former swapit customers got a $5 gift certificate to use at spun. As for any trade-in balance you may have had at swapit, I believe it's gone.
Old 07-10-01, 07:24 AM

Yeah! These @##hole$ charged me $30 for a swap that never went through. ( the other person failed to pay me) I sent them e-mails complaining and they said they would refund my money. I watched my credit card statement to make sure that they did, but no credit was issued. So I logged back in to e-mail them again to find out that gave me swap credit for my $30, but it had already expired!!! What a bunch of crooks!!! I hope they went down hard!!!!
Old 07-10-01, 08:15 AM

Originally posted by Snyder81
Well, at least I'll always have my swapit.com black t-shirt that I got when they were new. "Swap Cat Stevens for Snoop Dogg - SwapIt.com" Anyone else have one of those?
Mine says "Swap The Dead for Live - SwapIt.com"
Old 07-10-01, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by gt4949c

Mine says "Swap The Dead for Live - SwapIt.com"
I've got "Swap Men Without Hats for Barenaked Ladies"! Soon to be seen on ebay...
Old 07-10-01, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I signed up for them, got the free tee shirt, then did nothing with the site. Had no balance, but a few weeks ago they sent me an email saying bye-bye and telling me I received a $5.00 amount at Spun.com because they were closing down. Bonus!

The $5 was just about what I needed to cover the net cost of swapping a movie with them.
Old 07-10-01, 08:50 AM
cb4

your GC credit at spun.com depended on your swapit.com balance.
I got a $20 GC to spun.com based on a $45 swapit.com balance.

As far as packages sent just befoe they shut down, If they did not 'process' the package yet it should have been sent back to you, assuming you had a return address on the box.