Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

DVD Empire: How is their service?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

DVD Empire: How is their service?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-01, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody use 'em? Seem to have pertty fair pricing.

Thanks
Saintsfan
Old 07-06-01, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have used them for 90% of my dvd orders for the last 9 months and they are terrific

Old 07-07-01, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts
The only online store that does not fool around. The process SUPER quick and ship SUPER QUICK!! I love that!

I am going back to them these upcoming months because their pricing is not too bad..and going to circuit city..it's more of an expense because of tax and travel money. Circuit city around my way too far.
Old 07-07-01, 06:18 AM

I have used DVDEmpire in the past and have always had a pleasant experience with them. Almost all of my preorders in the past have either arrived a day or 2 before their scheduled release date or on the release date.

I haven't used them in the recent past though because I had gift certificates for other stores but they recently had a promotion on July 4th for their new shipping option of media mail which according to their site takes 3 to 7 days to receive. The promotion was all media mail shipping orders done on July 4th would be free.

Well, I wanted to see how long it would take to receive a media mail package from them. I used to use priority shipping method & as I mentioned earlier, most of my preorders arrived very quickly and even before the street release date. Anyway, I place 4 orders on the 4th using media mail shipping options. The first was for a couple of in stock DVDs and the other 3 were open orders for preorders. I wasn't sure if the free media mail shipping offer on the 4th was only allowed for 1 order or if you could place multiple orders and get the free shipping.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the shipping fees for all for orders were removed and my order for the in stock DVDs were shipped out the next day, July 5th.

I will post again when I receive the DVDs and let you know how long it takes for shipping using media mail.
Old 07-08-01, 12:02 AM

Thanks Guys , picked up a copy of The Haunting @$18.74 with the Media Mail Shipping. We'll see how it goes.

Saintsfan
Old 07-09-01, 02:30 PM

These guys are the best online DVD retailers. No contest!!! Not even close!
Old 07-09-01, 02:31 PM

I use them for all of my orders. They're fantastic, and the prices are really good to. Couldn't be happier they added media mail...its cheap!
Old 07-09-01, 04:27 PM

They even removed the shipping charges from my order. I think they had some kinda deal thru 7/7/01. Excellent!

saintsfan
Old 07-09-01, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They are the best in the biz right now! They get 95% of my pre-orders.