Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

"Lies and Confusion", my first (end last) order with DEEPDISCOUNT!.

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

"Lies and Confusion", my first (end last) order with DEEPDISCOUNT!.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-01, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the 26th of May I placed a pre-order with DEEPDISCOUNT for TRAFFIC (due out on the 29th) I made the order and received the confirmation email, and as I thought all was well.
The price; including international shipping and a 10 percent discount, about $21.

A week went by and I didn't receive any email to say the DVD had been shipped (which from what I read from people here is usually what happens) so I emailed their customer service who told me that it HAD DEFINITELY been shipped out on May 30th!.

I waited two more weeks, still no sign, so I emailed them again to ask was there a problem?
They replied and this time said it HAD DEFINITELY shipped on the 1st of June!!!!! and I could expect that from when I was writing it would take a further 2/ 3 weeks to arrive!!.

So yesterday after over a month of waiting, I emailed them again and politely asked what was going on?
They replied and at last admitted that the DVD HAD NEVER been shipped, that it wasn't even in stock, and they had my order on back-order until supplies came in!!!!!.
I immediately told them to CANCEL my order and credit my card (they had charged it on the 30th of May, no delays there of course).

I understand that in the U.S. they offer free shipping and for this off course use the slower method of delivery, which is fair enough, but for international shipping I paid $5.95 (Amazon charges $4.95 and delivers in about 10 days) so why doesn't DEEPDISCOUNT use a better means of shipping.
That is assuming they do in fact ship the item and don't LIE about having done so as with me.

I believe I have been treated appallingly, they have completely ripped me off.
DEEPDISCOUNT have LIED, CHEATED, STOLEN and ACTED FRAUDULENTLY to me.

Have any other international customers had any problems with them?
Old 07-01-01, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Contact Rick Mejorado ([email protected]) - he was very helpful when I had a problem with a DeepDiscount order. CCVideo is their parent company.

Incidentally, there seems to be a constant stream of problems on their pre-orders. Whenever I've ordered only items that are in stock, it's been trouble-free.
Old 07-01-01, 06:51 PM

How can you tell if the DVD is in stock?
Old 07-02-01, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i don't think there is any way to tell on pre-orders whether they are (or will be) in stock. On other items, it will tell you on your shopping cart page (perhaps not until you are checking out - i can't remember).

I always get stuff pretty quick from them, but i don't order really popular stuff either - probably the most popular dvd i've ordered from them has been the Monty python box or the Prisoner dvds.

I think when you write you should get some kind of 'sorry' coupon or credit. If so, i recommend you give 'em another shot w/ perhaps one of your less popular wish list items. They have done alright by me, but i hate to see other customers get screwed.
Old 07-02-01, 07:07 PM

What did they steal?
Old 07-02-01, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by BartleyR7
What did they steal?
He probably said that because he was billed around the time it alledgedly shipped. The exact same thing happened to me. I posted extensively on my problem at:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=114315

I think DDD definately has issues with their (automated?) order system. I received contradictory emails saying it had shipping, then that it was backorder, then that it was never on backorder and had shipped, etc, all after I had already been billed.

andy-j-h: I would suggest contacting them and seeing what can be done about resolving the situation by sending you the DVD for free.

After a handful of emails and finally a phone call (from them to me) we got the problem worked out. I got my pre-ordered Traffic more than a month after it came out - but at least it was free!
Old 07-02-01, 10:47 PM

I should also mention that DDD saw me griping on DVDTalk and were PROACTIVE, took the time to look up my account, and email me about it. Anytime a company goes to that much trouble, that's gotta be a good sign.